GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,431
1 members and 2,430 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 07-16-2001, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Public Relations Needs Help

We are restarting our chapter and i need some help in pr...like slogan ideas...and ways to get our name out on campus with a positive image!
so email mail me please.
Rebmaz@aol.com

thanx
LITP
Amber
Zeta Xi @Canisius College Buffalo, NY
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-16-2001, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

If you do not do any thing for charity do so! If you do make sure you get to the local news groups to let them know.
We have a hot tub a thon for charity and get press there! We always work with a Soro so both get a shot. Some do things like go to YMCA/
YWCA, work with a childrens or head start group, or anything else you may come up with! When you initiate someone send to their home town paper to let others know and they may come and join from HS.
If it is good news it may not get printed, but if it is bad news I damn guaratee you it will be in print or on TV!
good Luck and GO FOR THE GOLD!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 07-16-2001, 09:43 PM

Smile

Amber - did your nationals come in and do a recolonization? If so, they should be working very closely with you on pr, rush and such.

If they're not, contact them ASAP!!!

Tom has great ideas. Also try visiting freshman activities and dorms if you are allowed to do so, and create a fully functioning, up-to-date website.
Old 08-01-2001, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I am the publicity chair for my chapter, as well as a PR major, so I hope I can help you out here... :-)

1)Make a website; it's really not that difficult and if you need help I would be glad to guide you in the right direction. You can check out the one I created for our chapter at www.geocities.com/concorddz.

2)A catchy slogan for recruitment that says something about being new...I don't know what your sorority is but if you'll tell me I'll be glad to help!

3)Lots of sorority items for backpacks, messenger bags, etc...you know, pins that have your letters on them

4)Most importantly, your members are your best PR--all slogans, t-shirts, lavaliers, etc. are your advertising. Make sure your members talk positively and enthusiastically about your organization to potential members AND anyone who asks them about it.

5)When you do philanthropy events, write up a press relase (if you don't have a comm. arts major in your chapter, your school PR person can help you do this) and make sure it gets out to local newspapers and TV stations.

I hope this helps!
Old 08-01-2001, 09:17 PM

As I've mentioned on other threads, I would strongly suggest that you appoint someone as your media contact. That person should be proactive about making contacts with local media, especially campus media such as newspaper and radio stations.

Keep in touch with them so that they don't only hear from you when you need something.

Good luck,
DeltAlum