GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,061
2 members and 1,059 guests
zavictoiajnr131

Old 09-05-2012, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorority Fashion Event Ideas?

Hi everyone!

I am an alum currently working for a travel bag company in NYC. My company has been coming up with ways to target the college crowd, and my bosses asked me if there was a way to set up some sort of exhibition of their products at my alma mater. I reached out to the girls in my sorority, who willingly agreed to host an event, but we are all at a loss on what kind of event to have. A trunk show seems like the easiest option, but we feel we need some sort of bigger picture or another incentive to get people to come out since the company is very new, so no one will have heard about it, and it will be the first time the girls will be hosting this event. If anyone has any ideas to help us out, whether you've done a trunk show before or have a different event idea, please help us out! The bags are all shoulder bags and they're super stylish, not like suitcases or anything.

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

What about making it a Panhellenic sisterhood event by reaching out to the other sororities on campus? Or a philanthropy event by donating a % of profits from sales to a sorority/campus charity?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Both good ideas suggested by Xidelt, and I would add that a tie in to mother's weekend is also an option that may work well (if your campus has separate mom's and dad's weekends).
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

DeltaBetaBaby: I know that a lot of moms, especially out-of-state moms who have travelled a long way to visit their daughters, wouldn't be happy with a Mommy-Daughter day/weekend featuring an event where people are selling things to them. I guess it depends on the type of girls/moms in the chapter but we did something kind of similar on year and it was not well-received.

OP, my sorority did a designer denim trunk show with the proceeds going to our local philanthropic cause a few years back and it was pretty successful. The most important thing is to promote it to the girls in other houses. Send people to speak at other chapters about it if that is common practice at your school, and bring some example products so girls can know if they would be interested. We also had the trunk show set up all day at our house (maybe over 2 days? I don't remember) which was really helpful, because having an event for only a few hours might limit the number of people who can fit it in their schedule. If possible, a 9-5 event would leave time for most students to find a space in their schedule if they wanted to go.