GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,431
2 members and 2,429 guests
John, Phrozen Sands

Old 02-16-2007, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyKD View Post
Here is a question that is not in Ordinary Miracle, and not yet in the history of KD-- should be sometime. Back in 1992, the internet was not yet a widespread tool. The world wide web had not yet come into being. An announcement was placed in the Angelos telling us of a Kappa Delta bulletin board which had been started. 1) Who placed that notice, 2) on which service was the bulletin board started (hint-- AOL did not exist yet), 3) today there are 2 widespread offshoots of that original bulletin board started by a member of that group. What are those two offshoots?

DaffyKD

Awww... !

(I'll refrain from answering...)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-16-2007, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta kala View Post
I can't think of the chapter or man's name, but I am pretty sure he was an SAE. (This is me trying to remember what I read in ordinary miracles). I think he helped us establish northern chapters.
Yep, you're right. William C. Levere of SAE helped us establish a chapter at Northwestern. In return, KD named the chapter Lambda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReno View Post
the reason I was asking is because i'm the 4th in a legacy chain.
That's really cool that you're the 4th. It must be great to be able to share KD with your family!

Quote:
Here is a question that is not in Ordinary Miracle, and not yet in the history of KD-- should be sometime. Back in 1992, the internet was not yet a widespread tool. The world wide web had not yet come into being. An announcement was placed in the Angelos telling us of a Kappa Delta bulletin board which had been started. 1) Who placed that notice, 2) on which service was the bulletin board started (hint-- AOL did not exist yet), 3) today there are 2 widespread offshoots of that original bulletin board started by a member of that group. What are those two offshoots?

DaffyKD
Yeesh! I have no idea. I thought the answer to #1 was Annie too.

Last edited by Leslie Anne; 02-16-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I wanted to guess Lambda, but because I couldn't remember his name, I didn't want to put it out there. I knew the chapter and Levere shared a first letter though.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay so I'm completely stumped by Daffy's question. I'm thinking that Annie has to be involved in it somewhere. Is one of the offshoots Annie's unofficial newsletter, Kappa Delta Online?

Old 02-21-2007, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Anne View Post
Okay so I'm completely stumped by Daffy's question. I'm thinking that Annie has to be involved in it somewhere. Is one of the offshoots Annie's unofficial newsletter, Kappa Delta Online?
Yes, one of the off shoots is the KD Online. When the original site broke up, Annie was kind enough to volunteer to keep track of where we all went and played the go-between so that we could all stay in touch with each other. Hard to believe that it has been almost 15 years since we started. There was another very visible person at the time who started the original group.

DaffyKD
Old 02-22-2007, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I've got a completely random guess here for who might have posted the notice....Karen McKittrick? I don't know when she started living overseas (or if she still does) but I'm thinking maybe she posted the notice so she could keep in touch with KDs while she was out of the country. ???

Old 02-23-2007, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Anne View Post
I've got a completely random guess here for who might have posted the notice....Karen McKittrick? I don't know when she started living overseas (or if she still does) but I'm thinking maybe she posted the notice so she could keep in touch with KDs while she was out of the country. ???
Nope, not Karen. Yes, Karen is still overseas. My daughter may be meeting up with her in April when the Semester at Sea ship docks there.

DaffyKD
Old 05-26-2007, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Bump!

We never figured out the answer to DaffyKD's question, did we? I don't know the answer, but maybe Daffy could tell us, then post another question to get the ball rolling again?! This was such a fun thread, I think we should try to keep it going!
Old 05-26-2007, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaedyKD View Post
We never figured out the answer to DaffyKD's question, did we? I don't know the answer, but maybe Daffy could tell us, then post another question to get the ball rolling again?! This was such a fun thread, I think we should try to keep it going!
Ellen Utschig posted the message in the Angelos. The original location was on a Prodigy bulletin board. At that time, we were allowed unlimited postings included in our monthly fee (only allowed 30 free e-mails a month before they charged us). In their infinite wisdom, Prodigy decided to start charging for BB use so we all started to scatter to better services with better prices. By that time, AOL had started and Annie was kind enough to take on the task of keeping us informed of each other's activities. If I recall, the KDOnline came out weekly.
Not long after that, Annie got married, moved, and life started to get in the way of the weekly posting.

AOT
DaffyKD
Old 05-31-2007, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Ellen Utschig posted the message in the Angelos. The original location was on a Prodigy bulletin board. At that time, we were allowed unlimited postings included in our monthly fee (only allowed 30 free e-mails a month before they charged us). In their infinite wisdom, Prodigy decided to start charging for BB use so we all started to scatter to better services with better prices. By that time, AOL had started and Annie was kind enough to take on the task of keeping us informed of each other's activities. If I recall, the KDOnline came out weekly.
Not long after that, Annie got married, moved, and life started to get in the way of the weekly posting.

AOT
DaffyKD

Ding ding ding! Correct answer!

But a clarification for the last part. Yes, the newsletter came out weekly, but it was 5 years after that when I got married (2000) and 4 years after that, I moved.

(I know, I know... the timing only matters to me..! )
Old 06-21-2007, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Which KD was the founder of Prevent Child Abuse America and which NPC sorority also uses PCAA as their philanthropy?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathykd2005 View Post
Which KD was the founder of Prevent Child Abuse America and which NPC sorority also uses PCAA as their philanthropy?
Donna Stone and Sigma Delta Tau
Old 06-21-2007, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Correct!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok, this one's a little on the tough side, but I'm sure someone here is bound to get it.

What was KD's original flower? Also, what were our original colors?

Last edited by SydneyK; 06-21-2007 at 11:12 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-21-2007, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow! I'm really interested in knowing this!!!