GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,526
1 members and 2,525 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 09-18-2006, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

When I began to learn about Delta, message boards were a HUGE help to me. A lot of my questions, there was no way for me to ask anyone personally. Lurking on message boards such as GC taught me a lot, giving me a broader view of the sorority and its membership and showing me different views on many issues and concerns that I had. When I first came to GC, I posted as OPhiARen3, but never in the Delta forum, because it has always been very easy for anyone who cares to on this board to find out who I am IRL. (I figure might as well make it easy, it seems like someone can always figure it out if they try hard enough no matter what you do. Besides, anything I say on here, I'll say IRL anyway.) I lurked extensively but never posted in any of the NPHC forums, because I figured posting in there without already having an affiliation would be suspect and I was trying to be discreet. I hope I succeeded - were you all surprised when OPhiARen3 became DSTRen13?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-19-2006, 12:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Yup! What my sisterfriend said! (nodding)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueGBI View Post
I'm not an interest and I rarely post that much on GC anymore but this thread made me want to cry at the stories of women who joined GC then had their dreams realized.

I nominate this as one of the best GC threads ever.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Reading this thread is making me laugh at myself. I get so stressed and nervous, and I can't walk anywhere on campus without looking for flyers on the slide. This thread has confirmed that it is all apart of the process to feel unsure and anxious, but for the most part, everything works out. Also I personally like that the avenues are not dedicated to interest questions; when I looked at all the old questions/post on AKA ave. they were very thorough and helpful.

P.S. did everyone lurk on GC for 6+ months before getting the nerve to post?

Last edited by hellocutie; 09-20-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKEEphistAKAte View Post
I became a member through a graduate chapter. I was never discouraged. I knew that Alpha Kappa Alpha had been around for decades and that the organization was not going anywhere. It had been my goal to become a member for sometime and I kept that goal in front of me as I did my other goals. Determination squashes discouragement.

I am going to assume that you meant to ask how much longer after graduation it took for me to be invited to membership through a graduate chapter (any other interpretation of your question would be inappropriate). Well, I became a member through Gamma Theta Omega Chapter a little less than 2 years after I graduated from undergrad.
Thank you for replying. And yes I did mean how much longer it took you after graduating from undergrad. I know protocol. I really enjoy this site.

Last edited by Diovanka8; 09-23-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellocutie View Post
Reading this thread is making me laugh at myself. I get so stressed and nervous, and I can't walk anywhere on campus without looking for flyers on the slide. This thread has confirmed that it is all apart of the process to feel unsure and anxious, but for the most part, everything works out. Also I personally like that the avenues are not dedicated to interest questions; when I looked at all the old questions/post on AKA ave. they were very thorough and helpful.

P.S. did everyone lurk on GC for 6+ months before getting the nerve to post?

I lurked for about 3 months before I finally introduced myself in the "im not a delta but I want to introduce myself to the deltas" thread

Last edited by naturalrose; 03-19-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was a SisterFriend on GC (Desirethegreat1) I would post comments to general topics and not so much things closely related to AKA or any other sorority. I wanted to PM the members, but I was afraid to do so. I tried to divide my post between all the orgs, but I didn't want to known as an interest, just as another GC poster. I think someone said that I was interested in Delta in a forum..I don't know. I wish I had stories like MZDiscrete and Gina, but I was a punk and never PM'ed any GC members. However, I could not wait to post in the intro thread after I crossed.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Very inspiring thread. Any updates?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi. I am a sisterfriend now, and I must say that this post was quite inspirational to me. It's nice to see other women that have gone through the same thing that I am now finally realize their dreams. It gives me hope that someday I too can live my dream.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
since this was bumped, i have to say that this was a good read