GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 832
1 members and 831 guests
babobygooglet93

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2000, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Post I wish...

Just some thoughts I've been having over the past few days as a result of reading this and other message boards....

I wish you'd ask if I'm active in my chapter rather than just noticing my letters.

I wish you'd ask how my chapter is participating in one of our National projects rather than if we're stepping in the next show.

I wish you'd ask how hard I'm working for my Sorority rather than how hard I pledged.

I wish you'd stop being afraid of what will happen to you when you're online, nothing will happen to you if you don't want it to. Realize that I don't want a puppet or a lackey, I want a Soror with her own mind and her own will, a leader who knows how to follow when necessary.

I wish you'd tell me why you want to be in my Sorority rather than how wonderful you think we are.

I wish you'd stop worrying about our GPA requirement. Take that energy to the library and study.

I wish you'd stop thinking we "need" you. Realize we could decide not to bring in another new member and be just fine for the next 30-40 years.

I wish you'd realize it's better to be yourself than try to determine what I'm looking for in a candidate.

I wish you'd realize I have opinions, just as you have yours, and although you may not agree with what I'm saying, respect me because I'd have the guts to express myself.

I wish you'd realize that only GOD can judge me.

I wish you'd realize you cannot understand everything. Sometimes you have to have first-hand experience.

I wish you'd realize greeks are human before all else, just like you.

But most of all, I wish you'd get to know the person who is in the Sorority/Fraternity and stop trying to fit her/him into whatever stereotype you have in your mind. And Fraternity/Sorority members let's not forget: be true to yourself. We were individuals before we had letters.

------------------
Kelli
12-DN-94
SSU c/o 1997