GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293

Old 05-19-2011, 10:53 AM

Phi Mu used to be at Frostburg. They closed in the late 1990s.
KTE was founded by former members of that Phi Mu chapter.
In 2009 Phi Mu was going to come back and recolonize their chapter with KTE.
KTE did some things that weren't cool.
Phi Mu said forget you.
The End.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Phi Mu used to be at Frostburg. They closed in the late 1990s.
KTE was founded by former members of that Phi Mu chapter.
In 2009 Phi Mu was going to come back and recolonize their chapter with KTE.
KTE did some things that weren't cool.
Phi Mu said forget you.
The End.
Greek Chat Cliff Notes: yet another reason I *like* 33girl. I'll throw myself in front of the knife for you any day, just because of this ^^^.

ETA: and isn't it Drole who does translations for incomprehensible posters? It's been a while.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
Greek Chat Cliff Notes: yet another reason I *like* 33girl. I'll throw myself in front of the knife for you any day, just because of this ^^^.

ETA: and isn't it Drole who does translations for incomprehensible posters? It's been a while.
Services haven't been required *tips hat*
Old 05-19-2011, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I just wanted to say that I agree with eveything you just typed about 33girl.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:47 PM

awww, thanks girlies
Old 05-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Banned

33girl sucks. Yeah, I said it!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

DrPhil:this thread is so past the wrecking ball, anyway, and here's a classic for you:

http://youtu.be/rhTjPYxQKMw

Now, come back in the sandbox and bring your toys. Come on.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm looking through this and I'm not even sure where to start looking through these posts. I just want to start with finding out how to start a constitution for a sorority
Old 10-05-2011, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I'm going to be honest. If you aren't willing to do the smallest amount of work to read through this thread, you are NOT ready to start a new sorority. Seriously, do you have any idea how much work it will be. And not sitting on your ass clicking through a thread that is chocked full of information. You are wanting someone else to do the work for you, and it won't happen.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtender91 View Post
I'm looking through this and I'm not even sure where to start looking through these posts. I just want to start with finding out how to start a constitution for a sorority
You can't even articulate a single reason for founding a sorority, have an interest group of one and expect strangers on the internet to show you Greek chat's new Sorority in a Box Constitution Kit. Good luck with your new sorority.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Row View Post
Greek chat's new Sorority in a Box Constitution Kit.
After I read "Greek Chat's New Sorority in a Box Constitution Kit," I hear in my head "patent pending."
Old 01-22-2012, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I think what really needs to go on before you think of founding a sorority on campus is evaluating the school you go to in the first place.

FIRST: analyze the greek climate and how non-affiliated members see these groups on campus. If your campus is very anti-greek, it would be very hard to start a chapter of anything, local or national. Sure, it may only take a few interested students to start a chapter, but ultimately the survival of the chapter depends on the campus climate.

SECOND: if your campus does not currently have a greek life, you need to research your school. Age of many schools can affect how willing they are to start something new on campus. You can say that your school has been around for 100 years, but really, how long have they been a 4 year institution? If they turned 4 year in the 90's or later, they probably aren't ready to add greek life unless they have a undergraduate population above 2,000.

THIRD: if you go to a specialty school that focuses on art, music, etc, the likelihood of support is not going to be there. Students won't likely have time to devote to a social organization. The faculty is less likely to support it because they will likely think that it detracts from the purpose of the school.

In any case, ask first and get permission before you do anything. If greek life doesn't exist, you need to seek out the advice of who advises campus activities and organizations. That is your first step before going to the dean or the other higher ups. If you want to form a sorority/fraternity based on a specific degree/skill set, you need to get the support of the faculty that teaches in those areas. It may be worth it if your pre-med program is huge, but probably not if your music department only has 8-9 new students each year.

If you want to form a group not affiliated with the school, be aware that you may get a lot of crap from other organizations, greek or not. People usually do this because they want an excuse to drink or do drugs. Why not just form a social drinking circle?

It's stupid to slap greek letters on an organization because you think the prestige is there automatically. It's not. You have to work to get that respect.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisigma212 View Post
If you want to form a group not affiliated with the school, be aware that you may get a lot of crap from other organizations, greek or not. People usually do this because they want an excuse to drink or do drugs. Why not just form a social drinking circle?
This is not necessarily true.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
DrPhil:

Now, come back in the sandbox and bring your toys. Come on.
Best Comment of the Day...You win a Gold Star!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I Want to Found a Sorority

I went through CPC recruitment at my college this weekend and I did not make it to the Preference Day. I had been feeling bad most of the day, until I realized I could create my own sorority. I need some help on the process. I found some information online on how to found a sorority, but I need some support on how to approach the Fraternity and Sorority Life office on my campus. I have most everything compiled that I think I will need, except of course the interest of others since I just came up with the idea today. Any advice will be welcomed. Thank you.