GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,610
4 members and 1,606 guests
*winter*, speedsters

Old 09-19-2018, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoXO View Post
Yes, another story from you!!!! DD's class has a horrid cold going around -- and I caught it --but this makes me feel better.

I am laughing about the doors. Refurbished barn doors are so PNW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene View Post
So Joanna Gaines! Sorry. I love Fixer Upper.

"I LOVED this sorority! They had so much shiplap!"

True and Constant
Old 09-19-2018, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
Music Scene:
Her mother’s house. She was determined to be a Music Scene. In Niece’s own words “I’ve wanted to be a Music Scene since the day I was conceived.”, imagine her surprise when she realized that chapters of sororities differ and that she wasn’t as huge of a Music Scene fan as she thought she’d be.

Was "Music Scene" supposed to be called "Grunge Music"?

True and Constant
Old 09-19-2018, 07:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Was "Music Scene" supposed to be called "Grunge Music"?
Oops! Yes!
Old 09-19-2018, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Black eyeliner:
Niece flat out informed Grandma that she didn’t like this house because there were too many women of Asian descent. Grandma flat out informed Niece that there was too much of her bad attitude in the room.

Birkenstocks:
My house. Apparently the girls of Tri Delta aren’t up to par and our sorority is boring. “Okay.” was my response, Grandma didn’t even bother

Pumpkin spice:
The “horse girls of the row”, apparently they’re a house full of misfits who only got into Pumpkin Spice because they were needed to make quota. Since Pumpkin Spice is a top house at Bama, Niece decided to love them.

Fall Breeze:
The last of her top 8 houses and a top house at Bama. She didn’t like the fact that this house was also supposedly bottom tier but she liked that it was top at Bama. Grandma nudged me and told me to be sure to not tell Niece that DD4 hated being so far from home at Bama.

Pike’s Place:
She didn’t like Pike’s Place. At all. She treated us all to a long list of why she didn’t like them. DD4 and her outrageous demands came to my mind.

Starbucks:
She didn’t like this house on a local or national level and was sure to inform us that her feelings towards them were less than the best.

After the longest day, I thought I’d go on a nice double date with my husband. I got my letters off and my makeup on and decided that since I could see the Space Needle from our apartment, Grandma and I could walk it. What a mistake. I ended up carrying my heels and shuffling along with my feet wrapped in plastic bags. It felt like we’d walked a million miles in the dark.

We got to the Space Needle and sat down, as soon as I sat down, I got a phone call from DS4, “Mom, I don’t know how to get checked in, will you come get me?”, he was all the way in Oregon and the odds of me leaving Seattle were slim to none, he then asked me to use my google maps to help him get to his dorm again. Did I do it? Yes. Date night was cut short as I received yet another call from DS5 who needed help navigating the wild lands of HJGreek.

Last edited by TriDDDeltgirl; 09-19-2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorority Rush: The Movie
Starring:
Maggie Smith as Grandma
Sandra Bullock as TriDDDeltgirl
Lily James as DD3
Kristin Stewart as DD4
Emma Stone as Niece

Last edited by UVASquirrel; 09-19-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I imagine Emma Roberts as DD4.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
I imagine Emma Roberts as DD4.
Good choice!! I forgot about her. Was wracking my brain for young actress names!
Old 09-19-2018, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
Good choice!! I forgot about her. Was wracking my brain for young actress names!
I am going to throw out the suggestion for Tina Fey as TriDDDeltgirl because I see a real comedian in this role.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekOne View Post
I am going to throw out the suggestion for Tina Fey as TriDDDeltgirl because I see a real comedian in this role.
Love her!!! She'd be great!! I was imagining Sandra Bullock from Blind Side.

Of course, TriDDDeltgirl better get busy on the screen play or our casting decisions will be for nothing. Now that she's an empty nester, she has LOADS of time!! :-)
Old 09-19-2018, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

I was going to make a snarky comment on the Greek Letters not lining up, but remembered in time that, as a 16 year old PNM, I was only interested in sororities with a mostly Greek letters. I'll give her a pass and enjoy the rest!
Old 09-19-2018, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

And as a 17 year old PNM I was only interested in ones that had interesting symbols for their badges...crescent moon, key, lyre,anchor, etc. Killed me to decline invite to Pi Phi because I loved the arrow but my cousin was in the chapter and I couldn't stand her.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I tried to cut a sorority because they didn't give each other paddles, just these wood cut outs in the shape of their badge. When it was time to pick the houses to go back to (pre- RFM), I dropped what I thought was that house. It wasn't. there were three sororities with only 2 letters and I had them all mixed up.
sometimes I'd like to go back to 19 yr old me and shake her.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 09-19-2018, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Round Two

The houses:
Seattle
Ferry
Puget Sound
Music Scene
Black Eyeliner
Art Studios
Coffee
Cherry Blossoms
Native American Art

Niece was furious. She’d taken hard cuts and didn’t know why. She had some of the houses back that she thought she liked but she wouldn’t tell us why she had gotten dropped by so many houses. She told DD4 though and DD4 told us. Niece had gone into Nirvana and told the ladies there that she didn’t like their sorority and that she didn’t plan on joining, when they attempted to talk with her, she continued to say rude things. She also did this at Birkenstocks.

I wasn’t too mad, her actions didn’t reflect on anyone but herself, she’d been dropped from Birkenstocks and Nirvana, true colors had been shown and they hadn’t been appreciated. Grandma was furious. I’d never seen her so angry before, she paced back and forth, ranting in a heavy Texan accent, after around an hour of this I finally had to say “Listen, honey, I can’t understand you.” and move the subject on.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Hah!
Old 09-19-2018, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

continue