GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,942
0 members and 1,942 guests
No Members online

Old 02-24-2006, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Technically, there is no more Amway. There are different outlets of Amway...all with different names, but there is no more "Amway."

And...Mary Kay, Amway, Avon....etc, are not "pyramid scams" because if you haven't realized, everything is a pyramid. Walmart, McDonalds, etc.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
OMG those were awesome. There were ones with solid cologne, too. I had a ton of them -- I remember one that was shaped like an apple with a worm.

Also, wtf are Longaberger baskets? Are they just baskets?
OK, so it WAS solid cologne. I was going to type that, and then I thought I must be remembering wrong b/c I have never otherwise heard of solid cologne. I had the one with the apple & worm also. I actually wish I still had those. I may check Ebay...

By the way, Longaberger are very nice, well-made baskets. I have no problem with them except that they make baskets for EVERYTHING. Who wants a basket purse? I bought an Easter basket and a bread basket, but they make all these bizarre ones and they cost a fortune.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

The Market America website -- WTF? Mall without walls? The hell? I've heard of that -- it's called the INTERNET, where I can buy brand-name stuff that I like instead of your jacked-up MOTIVES cosmetics.

Okay, and this is weird. Apparently they have some brands you've actually heard of before:

The Basic Essentials Store features name-brand, household items that can be purchased online from Market America and shipped directly to your home. From toothpaste and shaving cream to trash bags and cough drops, the Basic Essentials Store gives you the convenience of grocery store and pharmacy shopping right from your own home.

Market America Products are available for purchase exclusively from Market America Customer Managers. Find a Customer Manager now.

How is this a benefit? I could go online to one of a million websites to buy this shit and have it shipped directly to my home. Why in the hell would I want to contact a Customer Manager to do something I could do online without having to talk to their annoying asses?

It seems like this is an attempt by someone to get hip to the internet about 10 years too late.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by epchick
And...Mary Kay, Amway, Avon....etc, are not "pyramid scams" because if you haven't realized, everything is a pyramid. Walmart, McDonalds, etc.
I don't care if they are pyramid scams or non-pyramid non-scams. I just don't like people coming to MY HOUSE trying to sell me crap or pressuring me into hosting one of those BS "home parties". If I want something, I go to the store and I buy it. The End.

PS McDonalds and WalMart do not make house calls.

Quote:
Why in the hell would I want to contact a Customer Manager to do something I could do online without having to talk to their annoying asses?
OMG, I heart you right now.

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 02-24-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000
OMG, I heart you right now.
Hee. I'm having way too much fun with this thread. I like to shop online because it's SHOPPING without ANNOYING PEOPLE. LOL.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
Originally posted by UKDaisy
I sell Mary Kay. And I'm a lil' confused on how its a pyramid scam. I thought that it was a pyramid scam if the money someone else got came out of your money. In mary kay that doesn't happen. Like if I signed you up today you wouldn't be paying anything, the company would.

My director makes over 150,000.00 a year and its mostly off of makeup sells. We are a lil' unit.

There are a lot of good mary kay things that go on. SO I dont' think its a scam.
Lots of good information about the problems with MLM.

Multilevel Marketing

goverment info

Ten Big Lies about MLM
Old 02-24-2006, 05:47 PM

You need to see that movie, "GO"...you will LYAO.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
I can't believe this thread is 3 pages and no one has mentioned pre-paid legal! That one is the worst, everyone I know is selling pre-paid legal, so who are they selling to?

I'm a mark rep, only so that I can get stuff at a discount. I order things for my things whenever they want something too.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000
I don't care if they are pyramid scams or non-pyramid non-scams. I just don't like people coming to MY HOUSE trying to sell me crap or pressuring me into hosting one of those BS "home parties". If I want something, I go to the store and I buy it. The End.

PS McDonalds and WalMart do not make house calls.
I have the same feelings as you...i don't like people doing that either.

And I never said anything about making house calls.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by epchick
And I never said anything about making house calls.
No, but from the context of your post, it sounds like you are lumping in McDonald's and Walmart with Mary Kay and AVON who *DO*, in fact make house calls (Actually that is what they are known for..."DING! DONG! AVON CALLING!").

If I want to buy something, I want to buy it and be left alone. I don't want some stalker pestering me, trying to "sponsor me into the business".
Old 02-24-2006, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Xylochick216
Because they're more elite

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
lol

basically!

all joking aside, the reason MK isn't sold in stores is because Mary Kay herself did not want them to be sold in stores. When s he created the company it was created as a way for her and other women to have a flexible schedule to spend time with their family, but still have a way to make money at the same time.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ha, I've never seen that.

Maybe this is weird, but I don't even know what Amway is. Do they sell laundry detergent for wacked-out religious fundamentalists in the rural midwest?
Yes. The Conservinator has a friend who does the Amway spinoff.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by irishpipes
By the way, Longaberger are very nice, well-made baskets. I have no problem with them except that they make baskets for EVERYTHING. Who wants a basket purse? I bought an Easter basket and a bread basket, but they make all these bizarre ones and they cost a fortune.
Yup. I have a few, but they were all (but the tiny one I bought) gifts from my mother-in-law - I think she has every one ever made. It's a mother-in-law type of thing. All her friends are psycho over them and they try to outdo each other. I don't know how their "consultants" make money though.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

In my 39 years of life, I've never known anyone who actually BUYS & USES Mary Kay makeup.

It's always been amazing to me, that MK needs so many sales reps.

WHO IS BUYING THIS STUFF!??!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Quote:
Originally posted by kdonline
In my 39 years of life, I've never known anyone who actually BUYS & USES Mary Kay makeup.

It's always been amazing to me, that MK needs so many sales reps.

WHO IS BUYING THIS STUFF!??!
Me. I have some foundation, lipstick and lipliner and I love it. I also have some face cream for my extremely dry skin, and I've found that its the only product that will work for me.