GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,457
0 members and 2,457 guests
No Members online

Old 11-02-2010, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to JKenny
Fundraising Ideas

How's it going NUPEs and others,

Well I just joined the Bond and I'm a part of the Iota Tau chapter here at UA and I'm trying to make some changes for the better, I feel that if I am going to be a part of something then I'm going to put my all into it to make it the best out there. Being on the outside looking in for my freshman year I thought that the chapter was doing pretty well for itself, and now being a member I've already noticed just how much better we could be doing. Yes I'm a NEO, but I am also a man who likes to show that I am apart of something that is the best and I want to start immediately making the this chapter, and making KAPsi the best BGLO on this campus. And that all starts with funds in my opinion. I was wondering if any brothers, or anyone else, had some good fundraising ideas that would not only reach the black community at a predominately white institution but also reach out to others regardless of their race. I know expansion into the white community can be hard at times so really I want to focus on at least reaching out to our own if nothing else, but being new to this all I need some help in thinking of ideas to not only raise some money, but also to become that figure organization on campus. Any ideas that you all could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKenny View Post

Well I just joined the Bond and I'm a part of the Iota Tau chapter here at UA and I'm trying to make some changes for the better, I feel that if I am going to be a part of something then I'm going to put my all into it to make it the best out there. Being on the outside looking in for my freshman year I thought that the chapter was doing pretty well for itself, and now being a member I've already noticed just how much better we could be doing. Yes I'm a NEO, but I am also a man who likes to show that I am apart of something that is the best and I want to start immediately making the this chapter, and making KAPsi the best BGLO on this campus. And that all starts with funds in my opinion. I was wondering if any brothers, or anyone else, had some good fundraising ideas that would not only reach the black community at a predominately white institution but also reach out to others regardless of their race. I know expansion into the white community can be hard at times so really I want to focus on at least reaching out to our own if nothing else, but being new to this all I need some help in thinking of ideas to not only raise some money, but also to become that figure organization on campus. Any ideas that you all could offer would be greatly appreciated.
There's all kinds of things you all can do as a chapter to raise money. One other way to show that you all as a chapter are doing great things is to adopt a highway. We did that when I was an undergrad, and we just kept renewing it every year. The Nupes that are there, have still been renewing it. What makes it so great is that it's a pretty busy highway, so everyone who drives in especially homecoming and other special events the school has, sees Kappa Alpha Psi adopt a highway.
Romans 1:16
Old 11-30-2010, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKenny View Post

As a fellow Neo I would suggest to start seeing what community serivce can be done. Without funding you can host a toys for tots, help out at a soup kitchen, serve a holiday meal, etc. Sometimes it will be those types of things that will help increase the achievement of our organization. Also, I would suggest asking the alumni to help or see what they are doing in the area to help expand the featured organization on campus.