GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,331
2 members and 1,329 guests
indygphib

Old 03-06-2013, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Anxiety!

Hi guys!

So I ended up missing formal recruitment a few weeks back as we had a blizzard here, and everything god mixed around. Long story short, I just got a FB message from a member of Pi Beta Phi, and I'm so excited! It's an invitation for informal recruitment, and I'm so nervous. What should I expect? What should I be asking people, regular recruitment questions?

Ah!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

That's too difficult of a question to answer. You could be attending a party with several girls also rushing. You could be attending an evening hanging out with the girls at home watching TV. You could be attending an event with them. She should have given you an idea of what you're doing. Dress a little bit better than you normally would. For instance, you're going to a friend's house to hang out and watch TV, so you wear jeans and a sweatshirt and tennis shoes. This time maybe you wear your best jeans a nice sweater and boots. Dress seasonally appropriate and on the nicer end of socially appropriate. More than likely cocktail attire is unnecessary, just make sure you look your best in normal every day clothing.

Then, be friendly with everyone you meet. Make sure to introduce yourself by name "Hi, I'm Mary, nice to meet you" is right. "Hi, nice to meet you" is W.R.O.N.G. Ask questions, answer questions, be generally conversational. Go with the flow. And Smile! Then make sure to send a thank you to the person who invited you if you have her contact information. Good luck!

Oh, and no more comments about the process,what you've done, how you felt, etc. here since you've said which sorority has invited you. You don't want to jeopardize your chances because something you posted was misinterpreted.