GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,039
0 members and 1,039 guests
No Members online

Old 08-11-2003, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cluey Send a message via Yahoo to Cluey
Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiBLtColonel
Smiley -- where are you rushing?
Cele,

I believe she is rushing at Univ of North Florida.

~ Annie
Old 08-11-2003, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally posted by Cluey
Cele,

~ Annie
Yes indeedy.

Cele, if you have any other raging recruitment questions I have a HUGE list of PNMs and their schools here. Feel free to browse!
Old 08-11-2003, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cluey
Cele,

~ Annie

yes i am
Old 08-12-2003, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all -- sometimes I get too lazy to click and search anymore!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

just thought that this thread should be bumped for the new potentials
Old 07-08-2004, 09:07 PM

*bumping for new PNM's to contribute*

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:28 PM
That1LoudChick

My turn!

I was in a local sorority that closed down. I love my sisters and the fact that being in that sorority taught me leadership, dedication, and to put my priorities in order. I still admire and love the Greek system at Kent State and believe that I could grow more as a person from being in a sorority. I believe that being in a national sorority where I could go across the nation and find the same support as I would at my own school would help me grow even more as a person.

Last edited by That1LoudChick; 07-08-2004 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

When I first came across the title of this thread I was nervous about posting. I guess I was afraid the things I would say would sound too "cliché" or superficial. I read the posts other girls wrote though, and instead of being cynical or suspicious of the reasons they gave, I was actually touched at the things they said. I think the girls who have posted on this topic really sum up why someone would want to join a sorority. Actually, almost every post I have read answers that question. Who wouldn't want to join an organization filled with bright and intelligent women who are dedicated to helping others through their various philanthropies, making their campus better, and show such awesome bonds of sisterhood?
I cannot speak for every campus, but I have seen the way the girls in sororities interact with each other and honestly, it is 90 percent positive. I have friends in almost all of the organizations and they have something positive to say about all of the groups. They have all given me honest advice about rush, and even about rushing groups other than theirs. I constantly hear comments like, "Oh those girls are soooo cute," or, "I really liked them, in fact I would have joined their org. if I hadn't gotten into the one I am in now," or "We did such and such event together and they were so awesome to work with!!"
Seeing that these girls can interact with one another in positive ways without all of the stereotyping and cattiness just makes me want to go through rush even more.
From the time I was a little girl I just knew I would go through rush, but I had heard the stereotypes before going to college and was worried that I would join or have to deal with the "mean/slutty/etc" girls... but those worries were quickly displaced when I got here!
Joining a sorority is more than joining a "club" or having people to hang out with on weekends. You are joining and organization whose ideals you share, meeting wonderful people (and not just in your own sorority but throughout a whole Greek system), working for various causes, and enriching your life in so many ways I cannot even being to imagine... and the best part is that it is something you will belong to for the rest of your life.
So, that was the longest post of my life but I meant every word of it!
Old 07-12-2004, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to qteasied
my reason...

When I came to college I was one of those people who thought Greek life was pointless, dumb...insert whatever Greek life stereotype people had. I remember seeing sisters trying to get PNMs to sign up for rush and noticed that they were only talking to the blondes that walked past them. I couldn't rush because I was a first semester freshman. The only things I knew about the sororities on campus was what people told me (ABC hazes, DEF is a bunch of sluts, XYZ doesn't haze they're nice...yadda yadda yadda). I remember talking to one of my best friends from home about why we were never going to rush. We both (at the time) thought it wasn't for us.

My roommate plegded a sorority and she was so happy with her sisters and how they were all so close. One even showed up late at night to take her to the hospital. Seeing how her sister was there for her when she really needed help gave me a whole new respect for Greeks and the bonds they share.

Greeks on my campus have the highest GPAs, and are more involved on campus than some of their "haters." They also have food drives and cancer walks as well. I wanted to be in a sorority because my grades are important to me, as well as contributing to life on campus as a whole.

I went through formal in the spring, but it didn't work out. I think it was for the best because I don't think I fully understood the responsibility that being a Greek has. I'm not bitter about it, and I still say hi to the sisters and other rushees I met. I'm rushing again informally in the fall and I'm hoping that I asked back to a chapter that I fit into. Oh yeah, the friend that I mentioned before--she pledged a local sorority at her school. Her rush went better than mine because Greek life there is so small that everybody who rushed basically got in. But she's happy where she is.

So yeah...I want to be in a sorority because I want to be a part of something that's bigger than myself. I want friends who share the same goals of academic excellence and contribution to our campus and community. That's simple and corny, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

*Danielle*

Last edited by qteasied; 07-14-2004 at 11:42 AM.