GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,315
4 members and 2,311 guests
Cookiez17, FSUZeta, PKT4LIFE, Xidelt

Old 06-08-2007, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

DHC Skincare

I am a total fan of DHC Skincare (www.dhccare.com).They are a Japanese company (and who has better skin??) and I adore their olive oil based products. They are great about sending you samples, so you can try it first. The first time I washed my skin with their Deep Cleansing Oil I ran around having everyone feel my skin - it felt that good, even before moisturizing (I have a thyroid problem, so dry skin is an issue). I get compliments on my complexion all the time (I'm 43!)
My 17 yr. old daughter went from Proactive to DHC - now has FANTASTIC looking skin.
I have yet to try their make-up, though - I still have too much of everything else.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-08-2007, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

For mascara, I love MAC's Pro Longlash...it's my favorite mascara so far!

And I got my new blush today (NARS's Orgasm)...I love it
Old 06-09-2007, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDeltaGam View Post
And I got my new blush today (NARS's Orgasm)...I love it
Told you it was AMAZING!
Old 06-09-2007, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I have discovered the benefit counter.

Today I got the eyebright pencil and the "big beautiful eyes" eyeshadow kit...

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I am a total fan of DHC Skincare (www.dhccare.com).They are a Japanese company (and who has better skin??) and I adore their olive oil based products. They are great about sending you samples, so you can try it first. The first time I washed my skin with their Deep Cleansing Oil I ran around having everyone feel my skin - it felt that good, even before moisturizing (I have a thyroid problem, so dry skin is an issue). I get compliments on my complexion all the time (I'm 43!)
My 17 yr. old daughter went from Proactive to DHC - now has FANTASTIC looking skin.
I have yet to try their make-up, though - I still have too much of everything else.
How do you get the samples? I looked on their website but could not find anything. I am always up for trying something before I buy it...
Old 06-09-2007, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Give them a call and order a catalog - they send samples with the catalog, and everytime you place an order you can order up to 4 more samples.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Eyeshadow

I would like some eyeshadow recommendations. I've never really felt like I have found a good shade for me. I have dark brown hair and light eyes that are either blue or green depending on what I'm wearing and pale skin with blue undertones.

My old standby is a light shell pink shadow with a light suede brown on the crease and dark brown eyeliner. I also like Stila's Wheat shadow although it's a little glittery and I like a more matte shadow.

Lately I have been using a charcoal eyeliner that I really like and so the brown shadow doesn't match. But a gray shadow doesn't look as good.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-16-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyKeyKKG View Post
I would like some eyeshadow recommendations. I've never really felt like I have found a good shade for me. I have dark brown hair and light eyes that are either blue or green depending on what I'm wearing and pale skin with blue undertones.

My old standby is a light shell pink shadow with a light suede brown on the crease and dark brown eyeliner. I also like Stila's Wheat shadow although it's a little glittery and I like a more matte shadow.

Lately I have been using a charcoal eyeliner that I really like and so the brown shadow doesn't match. But a gray shadow doesn't look as good.

Any suggestions?
No surprises from me since it is BE sale day on QVC , but what about the Ponder Kit or same thing at Sephora to bring out the green in your eyes? You might also like their Camouflage Blendable Eye kit, which I own and is fantastic!
Old 06-19-2007, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

So I got a mascara at Sephora this past weekend and after using it once, I decided that I hate it. Does anyone know what Sephora's return policy is for used products?
Old 06-19-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug View Post
So I got a mascara at Sephora this past weekend and after using it once, I decided that I hate it. Does anyone know what Sephora's return policy is for used products?
Take it in with the receipt, tell them what you just told us, and they'll exchange or refund. Sephora rocks.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

awesome! thank you!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
There's a Sephora near where I'm taking classes this summer. TROUBLE! I signed up to be a "beauty insider" and now have another one of those plastic keychain things for scanning at check-out.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

i am going to try the spray foundation "Studio Mist" from MAC this weekend. i've always been amazed when watching celebs getting their make up done and someone whips out a little can of spray. it looks like fun!

Old 06-20-2007, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Can I just say how much I LOVE Laura Mercier foundation primer? I got a sample of it in one of my last Sephora orders and it is amazing. I get horribly shiny by mid-morning (especially during summer) and this keeps it at bay until at least mid-afternoon. I had a sample of the Smashbox primer, too, and if anything it made the shine worse.

Unfortunately, I am no longer feeling the love for the foundation I bought a few weeks ago. Boo.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still BLUTANG View Post
i am going to try the spray foundation "Studio Mist" from MAC this weekend. i've always been amazed when watching celebs getting their make up done and someone whips out a little can of spray. it looks like fun!

I'm not a huge fan of MAC makeup, it's too thick and heavy. I have the Dior spray foundation and I recommend that to everyone I meet.