GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 905
1 members and 904 guests
Titchou

Old 08-12-2004, 10:14 PM

I like the posts that adpiucf has made here. I think she has been very helpful to PNM's.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
and I don't think you are a moderator in the rush forum, but hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.
I appreciate your putting my in my place. Silly me for stating that these subjects were already addressed in other threads!
Old 08-13-2004, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by adpiucf
I appreciate your putting my in my place. Silly me for stating that these subjects were already addressed in other threads!
Well, OBVIOUSLY the point wasn't clear enough if I had to make a big deal about. May not annoy you but I don't have the time.

NOW...........this is MY thread so please stick to the point.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:33 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
and I don't think you are a moderator in the rush forum, but hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.
adpiucf, I'm not one of those snarky mods who like to put you in your place, but I just wanted you to know that the threads you have started in the Rush forum have been very helpful not just to PNMs, but to many other GCers as well.

I hope you continue to promote this Panhellenic spirit, and may you be an inspiration and an example to those people (mods and non-mods alike) who don't know how to be Panhellenic.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
adpiucf, I'm not one of those snarky mods who like to put you in your place, but I just wanted you to know that the threads you have started in the Rush forum have been very helpful not just to PNMs, but to many other GCers as well.

I hope you continue to promote this Panhellenic spirit, and may you be an inspiration and an example to those people (mods and non-mods alike) who don't know how to be Panhellenic.
Ditto Sandy -- I appreciate all the contributions you've made to the rush forum over the past few months, and I'm sure many, many PNMs do too. I think some people on GC tend to let their egos get in the way of remembering that that's what this forum is mostly all about -- the rushees!
Old 08-13-2004, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
agreed. I think you've had some great posts and the rush forum wouldn't be as insightful without you.

Save the snotty comments, please!
Old 08-13-2004, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I think adpiucf's threads have been awesome and really helpful. God forbid someone who isn't a moderator trying to help PNMs. If you don't want to read her threads, why don't you just put her on ignore, like you've been telling the rest of us peons to do when we have a problem with someone?

Adpiucf, your panhellenic spirit makes me really proud to call you my sister. Violets to you!
Old 08-13-2004, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine

AMEN to that!

SOme people need to get their panties out of a wad and relax...........it's only GC...........
Old 08-13-2004, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ADqtPiMel
I think adpiucf's threads have been awesome and really helpful. God forbid someone who isn't a moderator trying to help PNMs. If you don't want to read her threads, why don't you just put her on ignore, like you've been telling the rest of us peons to do when we have a problem with someone?
Yes. I really don't get the hostility at all.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
I never said a thing about anyone giving PNM's advice. I just happen to think that PenguinTrax and Carnation do an excellent job of moderating this forum, and can make their own moderating decisions without input from the masses.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I never said a thing about anyone giving PNM's advice. I just happen to think that PenguinTrax and Carnation do an excellent job of moderating this forum, and can make their own moderating decisions without input from the masses.
Um, I'm pretty sure she didn't try to make any moderating decisions. All she said was that she had included this information in another thread. Under normal circumstances, people that create a thread that is already in existence elsewhere are directed to post in the already created thread.

I have absolutely no problem with this thread, but I have a problem with people jumping all over adpiucf for attempting to help. But of course, I don't matter, since I'm just a part of the masses.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I believe that threads are stickied by moderators.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
I don't think the problem is that no one realizes who stickies posts.

I think the problem is no one can figure out why you'd jump in the middle of a ridiculously polite thread that was running quite nicely on its own with a nasty comment, then act like all you did was provide much-needed information to the conversation.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:41 PM

Well, back to the regularly scheduled thread:

I received a PM about giving a recommendation and I was a little suspicious about it because it sounded a little bit like a mass PM. So I don't think Gamma Phi was the only sorority hit with this request for a recommendation.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Another note to PNM's...

If you know an XYZ alumna, and you need an XYZ rec, ASK HER. Getting your recs from GCers should be your second option. GCers or local alums that they put you in touch with may write you a rec, but it is much harder for them than a woman who has known you/your family for years and can really vouch for your character.