GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,318
2 members and 2,316 guests
TLLK

Old 03-19-2002, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Re: aww c'mon

Quote:
Originally posted by teke4life
this story either sounds fishy, or kinney got fed a line. nobody, but nobody lets people know what their pledges do. i've been through, or have seen, it all. the cardinal rule of hazing is keep you f-ing mouth shut. i just don't buy it.
You have been through or seen it all? When hazing isn't supposed to be happening. Keepign your f#(king mouth shut, when hazing isn't supposed to be happening. First, yes, we all agree that hazing does happen, but trust me, "people don't keep their fu(#ing mouths shut." Not only have a few of my good friend shared with me, some of their experiences of being hazed (one is a TKE), but I have also witnessed another fraternity haze their pledges in a drunken rage. You know, the story could very well have truth to it, but I would think that in order for this sorority to witness something like this, they would be in on it, or their pledges would be involved in some way. BUT, alcohol can say many things and let many secrets slip, I don't know either way, but to me the story could have some truth.

Blaine
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-19-2002, 02:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to teke4life
Re: Re: aww c'mon

Quote:
Originally posted by damasa

You have been through or seen it all? When hazing isn't supposed to be happening. Keepign your f#(king mouth shut, when hazing isn't supposed to be happening. First, yes, we all agree that hazing does happen, but trust me, "people don't keep their fu(#ing mouths shut." Not only have a few of my good friend shared with me, some of their experiences of being hazed (one is a TKE), but I have also witnessed another fraternity haze their pledges in a drunken rage. You know, the story could very well have truth to it, but I would think that in order for this sorority to witness something like this, they would be in on it, or their pledges would be involved in some way. BUT, alcohol can say many things and let many secrets slip, I don't know either way, but to me the story could have some truth.

Blaine
i think we need to draw a distinction here. i'm talking about when the hazing is actually occurring. i've exchanged a lot of hazing stories with my friends and other greeks. its like trading war stories. but those were tales of things done in the past - i've never heard of anyone allowing another person to witness acts of hazing, in the present.
b4 i get in trouble, and this forum swings back to the old hazing argument... yeah, i was hazed and did haze as an undergrad, but i've seen the light and helped my chapter finds alternatives to hazing. i don't agree with it, i'm just saying that i've been around long enough to think that this story isn't all its cracked up to be.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GreekSCU
This definately sounds like BS to me. It is basically common knowledge that most fraternities don't let their pledges drink during I-week, so walking into a house with drunken actives and drunken pledges makes no sense to me at all. Also, the fact that a girl was allowed into the fraternity house not once, but twice (when she claims to have gone back for the rats), seems rediculous. Third, the fact that she posted the message just minutes after registering should be a red flag to us all.

As a member of Sigma Pi, I can attest that something is very wrong with this story. Don't flame me for this, but it seems like someone has a problem with the Sig Pi's at their school and is trying to stir up some stuff.

I believe.

Sigma Pi ZH

Last edited by GreekSCU; 03-19-2002 at 05:49 AM.
Old 03-19-2002, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I truly think this entire thing is crap. My previous boyfriend of two years is a Sig Pi consultant for the mid-west so MI is in his territory. I did inform him of this post and he is investigating this but he too thinks that this story is bogus. I mean really it is a little far fetched, I have experienced frat pledges getting hazed a little but come on rats that is ridiculous. But anyways this is just my two cents...
God love those Sig Pi's , they are a great frat
Old 03-19-2002, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Thumbs down

Something smells rotten in the world of Greekchat. Personally, I always find it questionable when someone signs on and their first post is about some alleged hazing event.
Old 03-19-2002, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

If I felt really strongly about this, and had the courage of my convictions, I would have a heart to heart directly with the President of that chapter and say: Look if this continues I am going to contact(insert militant animal rights group here) tell them the whole story, and you can deal witht he load of shit they will bring down on you and your whole chapter you stupid peckerhead. (You might not want to call him a peckerhead . . .).

Always the best FIRST step!

Brad
Old 03-19-2002, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
Re: disgusting sigma pi tradition

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kinney9
Allright, so i found out something that really disturbs me and i do not know what to do about it!! I am in a sorority at a Michigan college that has a chapter of sigma pi at it.

I just got off the phone with hooked on phonics and they wanted me to let you know that since their program didnt work with you, that you can have your money back.

at there house last week and it was their pledges "hell week" everyone knew this b/c of what they were wearing and how wasted they were.

Nice assumption Matlock. You wouldnt know the diffrence between pledging and hell week if it jumped up and bit you on the ass.

So anyway, i went upstairs to a personel brothers room that i knew to use the bathroom

HAHAHAHAHA, to use the bathroom. Now thats funny.

and i discovered two small boxes with rats in them.

And you didnt run away screaming? Do you always go rummaging through a mans room that you just had sexual relations with?

The extremly small boxes had not been cleaned in days and the smell was overwhelming. Needless to say i questioned a brother about this and since he was intoxicated he told me that during "hell week" the pledges have to carry a small animal with them at all times. He then proceeded to tell me stories about what they did to these animals, since the pledges become so recentful of them the all died.

Im all about the ethical treatment of a rat and whatnot, but brace yourself for my next comment, people feed rats to snakes everyday, all over the world. Did you happen to see a snake in that room.

As an avid animal rights activist,

that figures.....

i was horrified and sicken by the treatments of these small animals. One of the rats was completely hairless and i found out that the pledge had died it's fur so many times it fell out.

Hey joe, im so damn sick of carrying this rat around, but last night I couldnt help myself, I had to know what color I should die his hair so it matches my shirt.........

Needless to say, i waited a little while longer in the night, and with the help of some of my sorority sisters, we stole the rats.

And took them home to love and pet and call them george. (rimshot)

So now i do not know what to do. I don't want to cause trouble for my sorority but this is an absolutely disgusting "tradition" that i can not beleives continues today.

I am appalled that you stole a snakes meal to be quite honest....

Does this happen at other Sigma Pi chapters or is my school just lucky to have such an upstanding fraternity?

I'm not sure but I think that was sarcasm.....

Please, any comments or insights would be appreciated. I would also like to hear from other sigma pi's. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Bored at work today guys. I dont think anything Ive said puts me on troll status.

Thank you for posting such an insightful message, (cough) wackjob (cough) While no one condones hazing, let it be known that we here at greekchat are dying to know just one thing....

What did you name the rats?
Old 03-19-2002, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: disgusting sigma pi tradition

Quote:
Originally posted by kinney9
Allright, so i found out something that really disturbs me and i do not know what to do about it!! I am in a sorority at a Michigan college that has a chapter of sigma pi at it. Well, i was at there house last week and it was their pledges "hell week" everyone knew this b/c of what they were wearing and how wasted they were. So anyway, i went upstairs to a personel brothers room that i knew to use the bathroom and i discovered two small boxes with rats in them. The extremly small boxes had not been cleaned in days and the smell was overwhelming. Needless to say i questioned a brother about this and since he was intoxicated he told me that during "hell week" the pledges have to carry a small animal with them at all times. He then proceeded to tell me stories about what they did to these animals, since the pledges become so recentful of them the all died. As an avid animal rights activist, i was horrified and sicken by the treatments of these small animals. One of the rats was completely hairless and i found out that the pledge had died it's fur so many times it fell out. Needless to say, i waited a little while longer in the night, and with the help of some of my sorority sisters, we stole the rats.
So now i do not know what to do. I don't want to cause trouble for my sorority but this is an absolutely disgusting "tradition" that i can not beleives continues today. Does this happen at other Sigma Pi chapters or is my school just lucky to have such an upstanding fraternity? Please, any comments or insights would be appreciated. I would also like to hear from other sigma pi's. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
why do I think, with the number of simple grammatical, punctuation and spelling mistakes above, that this person is much younger than college age.
Old 03-19-2002, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: disgusting sigma pi tradition

Quote:
Originally posted by Pink&Blue

why do I think, with the number of simple grammatical, punctuation and spelling mistakes above, that this person is much younger than college age.
As someone who looks at resumes of college graduates seeking gainful employment, I can assure you that this particular person (troll or otherwise) does NOT have the market cornered on poor grammar, spelling or punctuation.

KABillyMac, while I usually find myself in agreement with you, I think the diatribe posted above does nothing to support the assertion in your signature.

Brad
Old 03-19-2002, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Exhaustive yes, but anything for a cheap laugh. Cant a guy have a chuckle around here anymore?

Ok wanna know what I really think about this post. I think it came straight to us courtesy of the dynamic texas wacko duo. I think its more than likely a nice pile of ardvark crap that someone dreamed up on fraternitysecrets.com and regurgitated here to see what we would think of it. Now you can look at some of these posts, say to yourself "hey, that really makes me mad, im gonna prove this person wrong" and go on and on till your blue in the face trying to prove the other party wrong or you can pick it apart and make some 10 cent comedy out of it. I think ive argued enough topics on here and spewed out enough facts to entitle myself to a good laugh at the expense of someone that has the nerve to come to a public sight and attempt to bash one of the biggest national fraternities.

Not only did I get a kick out of it, I also gained more points in my quest to trolldom.
Old 03-19-2002, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KABillyMac
Exhaustive yes, but anything for a cheap laugh. Cant a guy have a chuckle around here anymore?

Ok wanna know what I really think about this post. I think it came straight to us courtesy of the dynamic texas wacko duo. I think its more than likely a nice pile of ardvark crap that someone dreamed up on fraternitysecrets.com and regurgitated here to see what we would think of it. Now you can look at some of these posts, say to yourself "hey, that really makes me mad, im gonna prove this person wrong" and go on and on till your blue in the face trying to prove the other party wrong or you can pick it apart and make some 10 cent comedy out of it. I think ive argued enough topics on here and spewed out enough facts to entitle myself to a good laugh at the expense of someone that has the nerve to come to a public sight and attempt to bash one of the biggest national fraternities.

Not only did I get a kick out of it, I also gained more points in my quest to trolldom.
Fair enough.

Brad
Old 03-19-2002, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Brad, it also probably cost me all of my cheap laugh points for the month, so it wasnt exactly a win-win situation.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
i like rants (not rats) as much as the next person, but implying that a girl automatically was having sexual relations with a guy because she was in the house or says she had to use the bathroom is pretty obnoxious. i love it when guys think that way. gawd. next time watch what you're typing because while she may or may not be in a sorority, it does give a bad name to sorority girls or even girls in general.

marissa
A GD
Old 03-19-2002, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes yes, it was all in bad taste and we have already been over this and to punish myself today when I got home from the office i cut off my thumbs with a concrete saw. I thought that was suitable. Anyone that knows me knows that is not how I view women.

Ok lets look at her post as valid, and this actually happened, which it may well have (I personally doubt it, but thats one mans opinion). The lady got a first hand dose of hazing rearing its ugly head. So as a animal rights activist, she goes back and saves the rats. Kudos to her for having the guts to do that cause honestly, no telling what kind of hell that kid had to go through when te actives found out he lost his rat. But in essence, she did the right thing and a hairless rat may live to be fat and healthy because of her heroics. Also, for her, lesson learned. She can take what she has seen of hazing back to her chapter and know how NOT to treat pledges.

So in conclusion, no disrespect to her, the rats, or anyone involved.
Old 03-19-2002, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
Wink

okay okay. good deal. glad to know you're really a good guy. seriously.

marissa
A GD