GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,340
1 members and 1,339 guests
aidanshulzeo560

Old 05-02-2000, 05:57 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Cool Rush T-Shirts

Every year my chapter has a rush tshirt design contest. It's coming up in a couple of weeks and I would like to submit something but don't have ideas right now. I would love to know what some of you have done in the past that has worked. Also I can pass along what we've done in the past. The last 3 years we've had the best rush tee's on campus

Siobhan
Delta Phi Epsilon - UBC
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-02-2000, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never liked the idea of Rush T-shirts myself, but I was never my chapter's rush chairman, so we had T-shirts my junior year. Actually, they were pretty creative. They had a Godfather theme--black shirts with the pictures of Brando and Pacino on the front, and then the names of all the active members under that (listed like the cast of a movie). On the back was our crest and the quote, "We'll make you an offer you can't refuse."

Whether it worked or not, who knows. I don't know how many people decided to rush our house just because they saw the T-shirt. Hopefully, no one decided NOT to rush our house for fear that they would get "whacked" if they ended up not pledging.
Old 05-14-2000, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Last year we had a T-shirt that said "Just what we wished for" and a cute design with stars and moons. This year we're designing a shirt that says "If you're going to be Greek, why not be a Goddess." with ivy around the design, etc.
Old 05-28-2000, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I always like the following
"Letters today, leaders tomorrow"
"Rushed it, pledged it, love it."
"Because its everything everyone else isn't, a feeling will get inside you...."
"Being Greek isn't only about letters and parties, it is a responsibility to yourself and your brothers/sisters. It is an eternal bond."

Old 06-19-2000, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

The DPhiEs at my school had a very creative way of dealing with rush being changed to recruitment this year. On the front of their shirts in stenciled "Army"-looking letters it says "Be All You Can Be" and then the back says "Recruit DPhiE." I thought it was one of the best rush shirts on campus this year.
Old 06-26-2000, 05:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Well this is not my idea and I dont take credit at all but it was so cute. The social sororities have the same Rush shirt in the fall and this year and it sort of like the Volkswagon ads. You know the one, Drivers wanted?
Well, it has a picture of VW Bug on the back *decorated car* with the following underneath...
"Sisters Wanted"
"Go Greek"

Very cute!

------------------
Visit GSS-Delta Chi Chapter Online
http://gammasigmasigma.tripod.com
Old 06-26-2000, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Our bid day shirts this year were black long-sleeved and on the front left corner it said "AXO Bid Day 1999". On the back top was written "Do You Ever Wonder if You Chose the Right Sorority?" and then there was a picture of 3 little girls making faces at the camera, and underneath it said:
"WE DON'T! GO AXO"!

It was very cool considering that all the others had similar slogans. They were all pretty cute actually.

One group had one that said "Its not about what you've just become...its about what you've always been"

Another group had "What's the point of some catchy phrase on a tee shirt if you don't have the letters to back it up?" (LOVED IT!)

The MASH thing must be popular - another group had it and I've heard about several chapters elsewhere with that one.

I also saw a great one (for Greek Week too) that had Calvin & Hobbes on it and said "Sorority Rush (or Greek Week) - A great place to meet old friends"

How about any more ideas?
Old 06-27-2000, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

hey,
at my school the t-shirt thing is soo competitive. we have had some really good ones...
your letters(on the front)
imitated but never duplicated(back)
another is
what is rush? (front)
we are (back)
Old 06-27-2000, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Cool

Here's an ideal for a rush tee shirt that I saw somewhere long time ago

R_SH

(The only thng missing is U)