GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,352
1 members and 2,351 guests
No Members online

Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Transfering looking to drop

Hey so I currently go to school A and due to family reasons, I will not be able to stay here next semester. I will be transferring to school B where the fraternity I am currently in does not have a chapter. Is there any chance I can drop (I was initiated at the local level but have never been put on the national roster or anything) and join a different fraternity on that campus? I will only be a sophomore .
Thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cregeorgia View Post
Hey so I currently go to school A and due to family reasons, I will not be able to stay here next semester. I will be transferring to school B where the fraternity I am currently in does not have a chapter. Is there any chance I can drop (I was initiated at the local level but have never been put on the national roster or anything) and join a different fraternity on that campus? I will only be a sophomore .
Thanks
If you are not in a local, then not on the national roster = not in the fraternity

How did that happen?

Old 02-20-2013, 05:32 PM

I need more of an explanation. If you were initiated into a chapter of a national fraternity, then you should be on the national roster. How do you know your initiation wasn't given to the national office?

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
If you are not in a local, then not on the national roster = not in the fraternity

How did that happen?
It could be "ghosting" where the chapter initiates a pledge yet waits to turn in any official information regarding his imitation to HQ. The chapter might do this because the pledge did not make the grades to be “officially” initiated, or for possible financial reasons. (Some chapters have to pay dues "up front" for each pledge to HQ. If they "hold off" a semester, then it is less dues to HQ.)

As far as I know, no GLO allows this. And yes, if they are not on the HQ roster, they are not a member.

And as LangSig noted, are you sure you aren't on the roster? Depending on when you initiated, your HQ may still be processing your data. Do you have your badge or any documents or correspondence from HQ?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Well apparently all the members of my class had to fill out an online forum before they would send us in as official brothers or something and they can't do it until every kid in my class has filled it out and 5-6 people haven't yet because of a lack of communication that is my understanding at least
Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I have nothing from nationals that recognizes me as a member of my fraternity no fraternity pin nothing
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well apparently all the members of my class had to fill out an online forum before they would send us in as official brothers or something and they can't do it until every kid in my class has filled it out and 5-6 people haven't yet because of a lack of communication that is my understanding at least
"... every kid"? This is what you call your pledge brothers? Sorry, but this is starting to hurt my leg.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have nothing from nationals that recognizes me as a member of my fraternity no fraternity pin nothing
It doesn't matter what YOU have. It matters what THEY have. Some people don't receive their pins or certificates for months. Contact the nationals to confirm you are not on the roster.