GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,497
0 members and 2,497 guests
No Members online

Old 12-03-2009, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
That's it you guys.

2 weeks to graduation and I'm dropping out.

Can't take coming home at 6 and missing all the drama.

Hell, you guys, I don't even know what thread als and jeni are talking about. Need filled in.

PS. Yo mama's so fat her belt size is equator.

#jokesfrom3rdgrade

KSUViolet, I forget what the name of the thread was, but the gist of it was some random guy came on here trash talking fraternities or something and his grammar was horrible. Everyone commented on how bad it was. He got offended and I made the comment that I prayed he didn't go to my Alma Mater because he would make Penn State look bad. Jeni made a remark about how Alumni have no bearing on whether or not someone will be accepted to their school. She and I went back and forth about how each person was being "pretentious."

I wish I could find you the thread, but honestly-I forget what it was called. I'm not as good with the search function, I guess.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-03-2009, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=108995

read and enjoy.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going on 33 years old and I graduated college in 2000. I live about an hour and a half or two hours from my college. I still go back for Homecoming in the fall and our Pig Roast in the Spring. We usually have a good alumni turnout (from my time). I usually wear letters of some sort to that stuff, like a hat or letters sweatshirt.

I still have who knows how many t shirts although most are buried in the closet or in drawers. I still have a Sigma Pi hat I wear from time to time. The way I see it, I earned those letters and I bought, with my cash the clothing items, so I'll wear what I want. I don't worry about what other people are wearing. I think if someone did make some smart comment like in the OP that I'd probably just give'em the bird or tell them to p*ss off. Well depending on my mood. If I was feeling quite jovial I'd probably just be real sarcastic like "reliving old times? I'm still in college!" or something.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spky View Post
I'm going on 33 years old and I graduated college in 2000. I live about an hour and a half or two hours from my college. I still go back for Homecoming in the fall and our Pig Roast in the Spring. We usually have a good alumni turnout (from my time). I usually wear letters of some sort to that stuff, like a hat or letters sweatshirt.

I still have who knows how many t shirts although most are buried in the closet or in drawers. I still have a Sigma Pi hat I wear from time to time. The way I see it, I earned those letters and I bought, with my cash the clothing items, so I'll wear what I want. I don't worry about what other people are wearing. I think if someone did make some smart comment like in the OP that I'd probably just give'em the bird or tell them to p*ss off. Well depending on my mood. If I was feeling quite jovial I'd probably just be real sarcastic like "reliving old times? I'm still in college!" or something.
That's a pretty funny response. I like that!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Banned

In general, NPHCers don't care how old you are. The older the better, especially if you are financial and active.

As long as you follow the proper protocol and NPHCers know what that is for their organization.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherKD View Post
Right... so the other day it was actually cold in DC. Figure that. Anyhow, while I will wear old college t-shirts outside and to the gym, some that I got at greek events, I save wearing my letters for just puttering around the house. I went outside to run errands in long-sleeved letters (in fact, the shirt I received from my big when I was initiated) and I got looks that would embarrass anyone. Someone actually said "Reliving glory days? What a loser!"

So my question is this: is there an age where it just becomes... weird to wear letters somewhere? Your comments/advice would be appreciated. And by the way, I am 28 years old. And I look 28. Not 60. Maybe I'm just caring too much about what others think...

Sigh.
You are caring too much about what people think. Did you care what they thought when you went through hell o get your letters? why should it matter now? You guys focus on too much stuff that just don't even matter. *sighs*
Old 12-03-2009, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole skool View Post
You are caring too much about what people think. Did you care what they thought when you went through hell o get your letters? why should it matter now? You guys focus on too much stuff that just don't even matter. *sighs*
There are so many things wrong with this comment.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole skool View Post
"You guys" is supposed to refer to...?

If what we're discussing is trivial, the nice red x in the top-right corner of your screen works wonders.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

something to think about

Questions: If you can be "too old" to wear your letters, why does anyone ever bother with a tattoo?

Why do people get a little misty-eyed when they see a picture of one of their founders wearing their pin?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the "too old" is mostly because of nongreeks and sad to say even some greeks who think that the fraternity is only four years in college.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:23 AM
GreekChat Member

it depends on how old the alum is..

I see alot of younger alums (1-6 years after graduation) wearing shirts, jackets, etc.

the older generation alums (10+ years), they keep the professional look. They wear mainly polos with the crest or letters on it.

i always see older generation alums at probate shows rep'd out. (scaring the young cats)......"its ok to talk to a frat bro that crossed in the 80's"...lol...they dont bite.

A.F.&.A.M