GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,139
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zabyanusasdo530
» Online Users: 1,162
2 members and 1,160 guests
g41965, LaneSig

Old 06-14-2006, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Influences

]Hello ladies…this appears in our Sunday paper and it goes a little deeper than the usual what do you like, where do/have you live (d) questionnaire. I thought it would be a great q/a for the forum:

Quotation to live by:

Books on my nightstand right now:

Favorite authors fiction:

Favorite authors non-fiction:

Favorite poets

Favorite beach reading

Book or author other people praised but I never liked:

Writings that influenced how I live my life:

TV show I am not ashamed to admit I watch:

TV show I hate to admit I like:

Favorite comic Strip:

Movies I love so much I have watched them more than once:

Web sites (other than your org’s) that I visit regularly:

Magazines I read regularly:

Favorite type of music:

Last concert/performance attended:

Recording I play when my soul needs a lift:

Person in my field I most admire:

Living person(s) I’d most like to join for dinner and conversation:

Heroes from History:

If I had the power to order my city to read one book it would be:

my answers are below:

Old 06-14-2006, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

My response

Quotation to live by: When people show you who they are believe them-Maya Angelou

Books on my nightstand right now: The Mortgage Encyclopedia, Pipe Dreams by Solomon Jones, Empress Orchid-Anchee Min, The Last Empress- The She-Dragon of China by Keith Laider

Favorite authors fiction: E. J. Dickey, E. Lynn Harris, Amy Tan, Kimberla Lawson-Roby, Yolanda Joe,

Favorite authors non-fiction: Nathan Mc Call, Tavis Smiley,

Favorite poets: Nikki Giovanni, Maya Angelou

Favorite beach reading: don’t do the beach

Book or author other people praised but I never liked: Anything by Zane

TV show I am not ashamed to admit I watch: Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends

TV show I hate to admit I like: This Korean family drama ( had subtitles but wasn’t hard to follow)

Favorite comic Strip: Boondocks, The Lockhorns and Cathy

Movies I love so much I have watched them more than once: Gone With the Wind, All of Star Wars (I-VI), Godfather I & II, Shawshank Redemption, Friday

Prudential Fox Roach, Yahoo Music, Wachovia, Epicurious, Cooking light

Magazines I read regularly: Cooking Light, Black Enterprise,

Favorite type of music: R & B old school rap, some gospel, opera, 80’s music, classical jazz,

Last concert/performance attended: The Roots at the Kimmel Center

Recording(s) I play when my soul needs a lift: The Beatitudes, Handel’s Messiah, Stevie Wonder

Person in my field I most admire: Alton Brown

Morgan Freeman, Bill Clinton, Iyanla Vanzant

Heroes from History: Hatshepsut, Queen Elizabeth I, Harriet Tubman,

If I had the power to order my city to read one book it would be: Dante’s Inferno. Even though it was done in Venice in the 1300’s I think if folks could see what they do in life here still may find then in the pits of hell in the afterlife and it’s not always about not following the Ten Commandments.

Last edited by StarFish106; 06-14-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Influences

Quotation to live by:"Just let is roll off your back"

Books on my nightstand right now:The Souls of Black Folk; The Isis Papers; The Bible; The Miseducation of the Negro; a word search book

Favorite authors fiction:E.Lynn Harris; Omar Tyree; Toni Morrision; Alice Walker;

Favorite authors non-fiction:Soror Paula Giddings (for writing In Search of Sisterhood);Zora Neale Hurston; W.E.B Dubois; Carter G. Woodson; Frederick Douglass; Eldgridge Cleaver;

Favorite poets: Soror Nikki Giovanni; Maya Angelou

Favorite beach reading: Don't laugh but I've never been to a beach but I plan to go to one this summer

Book or author other people praised but I never liked:Zane

Writings that influenced how I live my life:The Bible

TV show I am not ashamed to admit I watch:Pirot (Biography Channel); Murder She Wrote; History International Channel (I'm such a nerd)

TV show I hate to admit I like: Andy Griffin or is it Griffith (hell I don't know, I just like it)

Favorite comic Strip:I don't read the comics

Movies I love so much I have watched them more than once:Friday (first one); Car Wash; The Wiz;

Web sites (other than your org’s) that I visit regularly:StopHazing.org; Cincinnatienquirer.com; my credit union web page; greekchat

Magazines I read regularly:Black Enterprise; Ebony (when I can which is usually at the hairdresser cause I'm too cheap to buy one); Jet (same thing); Essence (same thing)

Favorite type of music:All 80's and 90's R&B and Rap (I try to tolerate this new school stuff but it all sounds the same)

Last concert/performance attended:Okay don't laugh, the last concert I went to was back in 1986 the Fresh Festival (with Whodini, Run DMC, the Fat Boys) I know its sad.

Recording I play when my soul needs a lift:Gospel or Yolanda Adams "The battle is not yours"; or when my neighbors piss me off Wutang Clan

Person in my field I most admire: Soror Mary McCloud Bethune (she was an educator dedicated to uplifting her race as am I)

Living person(s) I’d most like to join for dinner and conversation: Hilary Clinton; Opera (did I spell her name right); Donald Trump; Condaleeza Rice (to ask her what the hell is she doing);Soror Dr. Dorothy Height;Soror Carol Moseley Braun

Heroes from History:Soror Mary McCloud Bethune; the Illustrious Founders of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.; Harriet Tubman; Queen Hatshepsut; Marcus Garvey; Malcolm X; Dr. Martin Luther King; W.E.B. Dubois (whew too many more to name

If I had the power to order my city to read one book it would be:The Miseducation of the Negro cause they are truely (did I spell that right?) miseducated here in Cincinnati

Last edited by Crazy 8; 06-14-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Influences

Quotation to live by:"Just let is roll off your back"

Oops! I meant "just let it roll off your back"
Old 06-15-2006, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quotation to live by: As long as it is the will of God, I rejoice that I am as I am. ~ Maria S. Stewart, Farewell Address, April 14, 1834

Books on my nightstand right now: You'll Never Nanny in This Town Again by Suzanne Hansen, Your Big Break by Johanna Edwards, The Next Big Thing by Johanna Edwards, and 5 or 6 others.

Favorite authors fiction: Sophie Kinsella, Kimberla Lawson Roby, Eric Jerome Dickey, Bebe Moore Campbell, Terry McMillan,Yvonne McKinney Whetstone, Lolita Files, Beverly Cleary, Judy Blume, Bernice McFadden, author of Amelia Bedelia, Zora Neale Hurston, Bertice Berry, and _______________________ (quite a few others)

Favorite authors non-fiction: Dorothy Height , Lalita Tademy, Claude Brown, Zora Neale Hurston

Favorite poets: Nikki Giovanni, Maya Angelou, Langston Hughes

Favorite beach reading: I don't live near a beach to read on but let's pretend beach = couch. Anything by one of the authors listed above and a few others who have caught my fancy over my reading lifetime.

Book or author other people praised but I never liked: No comment but it's not Zane, lol.

Writings that influenced how I live my life: The Bible, many of my fiction and non fiction readings including Dorothy Height's Open Wide the Freedom Gates

TV show I am not ashamed to admit I watch: Cartoons, a myriad of them including Hey Arnold, The Proud Family, The Boondocks, Spongebob Squarepants, etc.

TV show I hate to admit I like: Jeff Foxworthy, lol

Favorite comic Strip: The Boondocks

Movies I love so much I have watched them more than once: Shawshank Redemption, Legally Blonde 1 and 2, The Color Purple, Roll Bounce, Like Mike, Miss Congeniality 1 and 2, Waiting to Exhale, Roots, The Green Mile, Remember the Titans, Lion King, Mulan, ______________ (100s more)

Web sites (other than your org’s) that I visit regularly: Greekchat, quite a few blogs, Tetris website, Yahoo, my bank, Television Without Pity, four four

Magazines I read regularly: none

Favorite type of music: R & B and gospel

Last concert/performance attended: 2001 Indiana Black Expo with Jill Scott and The O'Jays

Recording I play when my soul needs a lift: Gospel by either Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams, John P. Kee and a few others

Person in my field I most admire: Many

Living person(s) I’d most like to join for dinner and conversation: Soror Dorothy Height (reading her autobiography increased my love, respect and admiration for her), Maya Angelou, Oprah Winfrey, the survivors of the 1963 incident in Americus, Georgia, Soror Rae Lewis Thornton, Vivian Green, Magic Johnson, Amel Larrieux, Lina, Steve Harvey, Aaron McGruder

Heroes from History: Anyone who persevered in the face of adversity and gave so that others could stand today.

If I had the power to order my city to read one book it would be: I agree with Miseducation of a Negro by Carter G. Woodson but I would also mandate that all men, young and old, read Manchild in the Promised Land by Claude Brown and all women read If You Want Closure in Your Relationships, Start With Your Legs.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quotation to live by:
Life is choice driven, you live and or you die by the choices you make, therefore choose life...
Approval Addiction by Joyce Meyers, the Bible, and Single, Saved and Having Sex by Ty Adams
Favorite authors:
TD Jakes, Joyce Meyer, Juanita Bynum, Michelle McKinney Hammond, Pearl Cleage
Favorite poets
Maya Angelou, Rita Dove
Favorite beach reading
anything really...
Zane
Definitely the Bible...
Passions
Next and Parental Control on MTV
Favorite comic Strip:
NONE
Sister Act II, National Treasure, Bring it One, Legally Blonde 1 and 2
Myspace.com;Greekchat; Yahoo Games
NONE
Favorite type of music:
Contemporary Gospel, Smooth R & B
Isreal and New Breed (came to my church)
Dorinda Clark Sheard - I'm Coming Out
You wouldn't know...
Sidney Poitier
Heroes from History:
all those who have struggled for my freedom
If I had the power to order my city to read one book it would be:Loyalty and Disloyalty by Dag Heward Mills

Last edited by f8nacn; 06-15-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, let's see ...

Quotation to live by: "Never doubt that a small group of committed individuals can change the world: indeed, it's the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead.

Books on my nightstand right now: Pilgrim at Tinker Creek (Annie Dillard)

Favorite authors fiction: Octavia Butler, Amy Tan, Nalo Hopkinson, Tananarive Due, Gregory Maguire, JK Rowling

Favorite authors non-fiction: Annie Dillard, David Sedaris

Favorite poets: Nikki Giovanni, Langston Hughes

Favorite beach reading: Nora Roberts (easy, cheesy, and always with a happy ending!)

Book or author other people praised but I never liked: Nicolas Sparks.

Writings that influenced how I live my life: Probably everything you read influences you to an extent, but some books that have been especially important for me are Annie Dillard's books, Octavia Butler's Parable books, and the Bible.

TV show I am not ashamed to admit I watch: Music videos on CMT.

TV show I hate to admit I like: Charmed.

Favorite comic Strip: Boondocks, Get Fuzzy. I read a lot of non-strip comics too.

Movies I love so much I have watched them more than once: I love sports movies even though I'm terrible at sports - Bend It Like Beckham, Remember the Titans, A League of Their Own, Glory Road (yeah, it just came out on DVD, and yeah, I've seen it about four times ...). Other favorites: Spirited Away, Sweet Home Alabama, Disney Animated Classics.

Web sites (other than your org’s) that I visit regularly: This one? Facebook. And let's not forget Monster.com

Magazines I read regularly: Marie Claire.

Favorite type of music: Country.

Last concert/performance attended: "Rebirth of a Nation" (DJ Spooky that Subliminal Kid AKA Paul Miller) at the Woodruff Arts Center.

Recording I play when my soul needs a lift: "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (Simon & Garfunkel).

Person in my field I most admire: I don't really have a field yet, per se ...

Living person(s) I’d most like to join for dinner and conversation: I think it'd be interesting to pick out a few prominent conservative politicians and have dinner with them - one of the things I've noticed with some people is that really strong conservatives rarely, if ever, have any significant social interaction with anyone whose opinions are different than their own, and I wonder if that's the case for upper level people as well.

Heroes from History: All of the people who have risked so much fighting the unpopular battles and standing up for what is right in spite of all the opposition (and all of those who still do!).

If I had the power to order my city to read one book it would be: The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. It's simple enough that almost everyone ought to be able to handle reading it, and it's got a message that everyone needs to get!
Old 06-16-2006, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

1. "Don't talk about it, be about it. Otherwise, I could care less what you think or say."
2. I don't have a nightstand and all of my books are in boxes.
3. Carl Weber, Zane, EJD, Teri Woods and Zora Neale Hurston
4. Joel Osteen & Valerie Boyd
5. Maya Angelou, Sonia Sanchez, & Nikki Giovanni
6. I don't read on the beach. I get my tan on.
7. The Hustler's Wife by Nikki Turner
8. The Golden Rule, The Ten Commandments & Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen
9. Maury's paternity test episodes, Being Bobby Brown (crackhead love forever), every season of College Hill, & The Real World
10. The Tyra Banks Show & The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency
11. Peanuts & Garfield
12. Ray, Kill Bill (both volumes), Flowers in the Attic, Love Story, A Walk to Remember, Cornbread, Earl and Me, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, The Shawshank Redemption, & Million Dollar Baby
13. Yahoo, Hotmail, Lycos, GC, Craigslist, Apartment Guide, Monif C. (clothing for full figured women; featured on Rip the Runway)
14. Vibe (subscription), Ebony & Essence
15. Neo-soul, R&B, & some hip-hop
16. Concert: Kris Kross in '91 or '92; Performance: Mama, I Want to Sing in '93 or '94
17. N/A
18. Steve Morris, Founder/CEO Exit Realty
19. Oprah, Hillary Clinton, Bill Gates & Joel Osteen
20. Mamie Till Mobley & Coretta Scott King
21. Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 06-16-2006, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quotation to live by:
Three please!
- “Everyone who struggles for justice, everyone who makes just claims in unjust surroundings is working for God’s reign even though not a Christian.” - Oscar Romero
- "I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now." - Edna Mode, "The Incredibles"
- The world steps aside for those who know where they are going.

The Icarus Girl by Helen Oyeyemi, The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison, Some People, Some Other Place by J. California Cooper, Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson by Geoffrey Ward

Bebe Moore Campbell, Terry McMillan, Beverly Cleary, Judy Blume, Ann M. Martin, Delores Phillips, Chinua Achebe

bell hooks, Angela Davis, George Jackson, Assata Shakur, Amiri Baraka, Nelson George, Herb Boyd, Lawrence Otis Graham, Paula Giddings (for When and Where I Enter... )

Favorite poets
Langston Hughes, Sonia Sanchez, a grip of spoken word artists, The Last Poets, Gil Scott-Heron, Maya Angelou

Favorite beach reading
If did go to the beach, I'm sure I would pack books by any of the authors listed above.

N/A

Soledad Brother: The Prison Letters of George Jackson, The Autobiography of Malcolm X, Assata: The Autobiography of Assata Shakur

Run's House, Making The Band 3, MADE, The Suite Life of Zach & Cody

The Hills, My Super Sweet 16

Favorite comic Strip:
The Boondocks

Do the Right Thing, Crooklyn, A Time To Kill, X, The Notebook, A Christmas Story, Forest Gump, Troop Beverly Hills, The Color Purple, Legally Blonde 1 & 2, Miss Congeniality 1 & 2, and soooo many more!

facebook, greekchat, yahoo, bank, sisternet, blackexpressions, nappturality, myspace, xanga, okayplayer, allhiphop

Semi-Regularly: Complex, Vibe, XXL, Essence, FADER

Favorite type of music:
Hip Hop & Soul

Common

"The Battle Is Not Yours" by Yolanda Adams, "Bravebird" by Amel Larrieux, "Put Your Record On" by Corrinne Bailey Rae

I admire every college student who has made that transition from student to graduate. I admire good teachers everywhere for being vessels for positive change in the world. I'm still in college, so I'll answer this better some other day.

[font=Georgia]bell hooks, Sonia Sanchez, Stevie Wonder, Angela Davis, Oprah, Common, Cousin Jeff, Bill Gates, Assata Shakur

Heroes from History:
So many... but just to name a few: Malcolm X, George and Jonathan Jackson, Kwame Toure, The Delaney sisters, Dr. King, Imhotep (to ask him what he thinks of the current and past perversion of history and Africa/Egypt/Kemet's place in history), John Henrik Clarke, Fred Hampton, Ida B. Wells, Harriet Tubman, Huey P. Newton

Women, Race, and Class by Angela Davis and Teaching to Transgress by bell hooks

AKA
Old 06-16-2006, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quotation to live by: "Don't put nothing past anybody" -LW

Books on my nightstand right now: Kaplan's LSAT Extreme books lol

Favorite authors fiction: Zane

Favorite authors non-fiction: N?A

Favorite poets: N/A

Favorite beach reading: N/A

Book or author other people praised but I never liked: N/A

Writings that influenced how I live my life: Various quotes many from the bible.

TV show I am not ashamed to admit I watch: Real World/Road Rules Challenge

TV show I hate to admit I like: Boondocks

Favorite comic Strip: N/A

Movies I love so much I have watched them more than once: Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Bad Boys I & II, X-Men I & II, Training Day, OH I CAN'T FORGET "BRING IT ON"

Web sites (other than your org’s) that I visit regularly: Yahoo, Facebook, myspace, kaplan.com, usajobs.gov, fbijobs.gov, avuedigital.com, bank of america,

Magazines I read regularly: Jet, Vibe, Essence

Favorite type of music: Too many lol

Last concert/performance attended: Ying Yang Twins at my Homecoming lol

Recording I play when my soul needs a lift: Musiq Sould Child "When I'm With You"

Person in my field I most admire: All black female lawyers

Living person(s) I’d most like to join for dinner and conversation: Various prominant black female lawyers

Heroes from History: MLK

If I had the power to order my city to read one book it would be: Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Old 06-21-2006, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quotation to live by:
"IF YOU GIVE UP WHEN IT'S WINTER, YOU WILL MISS THE PROMISE OF YOUR SPRING, THE BEAUTY OF YOUR SUMMER, AND THE FULFILLMENT OF YOUR FALL."

FLEDGLING, BY OCTAVIA BUTLER
COVENANT WITH BLACK AMERICA
GERMAN-ENGLISH DICTIONARY
GIRL, GET YOUR MONEY STRAIGHT
ENTERTAINMENT BOOK (COUPONS, LOL)

JAMES BALDWIN, ZORA NEALE HURSTON

N/A I ACTUALLY PREFER NONFICTION SO THE LIST WOULD BE TOO LONG!

Favorite poets
ANYONE FROM THE HARLEM RENAISSANCE ERA

Favorite beach reading
TRASHY ROMANCE NOVELS!

ZANE, ERIC JEROME DICKY, OR LIKE 80% OF THE AUTHORS ON BLACK EXPRESSIONS

BOOKS ABOUT HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS / POWER STRUGGLES (APARTHEID, THE HOLOCAUST, SLAVERY, CLASS/CASTE RELATIONS)

SUPERNANNY

BIG LOVE

Favorite comic Strip:
THE BOONDOCKS

I KNOW THESE MOVIES LINE FOR LINE... WHERE THE HEART IS, WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT, THE FIVE HEARTBEATS, CLASH OF THE TITANS, ANCHORMAN, AN AMERICAN TAIL

THE 5TH QUARTER, GREEKCHAT, MYSPACE, CNN, YOUTUBE

ESSENCE, NEWSWEEK

Favorite type of music:
R&B

HMMM,I THINK FRANKIE BEVERLY + MAZE (OR "THE MAZE" LIKE OLD PEOPLE SAY) AT CONSTITUTION HALL

MARIAH (FLY LIKE A BIRD)
MARY J. (TESTIMONY)
AND SET MY PLAYLIST ON RANDOM TO REAL GOSPEL (NOT "INSPIRATION" BUT PRAISE + WORSHIP MUSIC)

KELLY YUILLE R.I.P.

OPRAH (MINUS GALE)
MY PARENTS AND MY GRANDMA... I MIGHT HAVE TO DRIVE DOWN THIS WEEKEND

Heroes from History:
ALL THE BLACK HISTORY HEROES + SHEROES, THE SUFFRAGISTS (SUFFRAGETTS), AND HBCU FOUNDERS, EDUCATORS, ADMINISTRATORS

KINDRED, BY OCTAVIA BUTLER
Old 06-27-2006, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quotation to live by: "I can't spend my life trying to be someone else, because if I do, there would be no one to do what I've been called to do."

Books on my nightstand right now: I don't have a nightstand, but I am reading The Husband.

Favorite authors fiction: J.K. Rowling, Stephanie Perry Moore, Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins

Favorite authors non-fiction: can't think of the name right now

Favorite poets: Mari Evans, Shakespeare

Favorite beach reading: the Bible

Book or author other people praised but I never liked: Dan Brown

Writings that influenced how I live my life: Madea's Uninhibited Commentaries on Life

TV show I am not ashamed to admit I watch: Phil of the Future

TV show I hate to admit I like: The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Favorite comic Strip: Garfield

Movies I love so much I have watched them more than once: The Harry Potters

Web sites (other than your org’s) that I visit regularly: facebook

Magazines I read regularly: S2S, Seventeen

Favorite type of music: Contemporary Christian

Last concert/performance attended: KMEL Summerjam (had to travel a bit, but it was worth it)

Recording I play when my soul needs a lift: "Different Times" by Raphael Saadiq and T-Boz

Person in my field I most admire: can't think of the name, but it's a woman

Living person(s) I’d most like to join for dinner and conversation: TLC, Tyra, the cast of Degrassi: The Next Generation

Heroes from History: MLK, Edison, Tupac

If I had the power to order my city to read one book it would be: certain portions of the Bible (how many of us ever actually get through the whole thing?)

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 06-27-2006, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via MSN to orighu
Quotation to live by: "Be who you are, and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"
- Dr. Seuss

Books on my nightstand right now: Son of a Witch - Gregory McGuire; Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri

Favorite authors fiction: George S. Schuyler, Walter Mosley, J.K. Rowling

Favorite authors non-fiction: Donald Bogle, W.E.B. DuBois

Favorite poets: Langston Hughes

Favorite beach reading: magazines

Book or author other people praised but I never liked: White Teeth

Writings that influenced how I live my life: African American History

TV show I am not ashamed to admit I watch: The Wonder Pets (I have a 4 yo)

TV show I hate to admit I like: Pimp My Ride

Favorite comic Strip: Calvin & Hobbes; The Boondocks

Movies I love so much I have watched them more than once: The Color Purple, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, On the Waterfront, Clueless,

Web sites (other than your org’s) that I visit regularly: AllHipHop.com, CNN, The Leaky-Cauldron, New York Post gossip,

Magazines I read regularly: ESPN Magazine, In Style, Parents

Favorite type of music: Jazz

Last concert/performance attended: The Langston Hughes Project
Ask Your Mama: Twelve Moods for Jazz Featuring the Ron McCurdy Quartet

Recording I play when my soul needs a lift: Fly Like a Bird - Mariah Carey

Person in my field I most admire: African American Women (can't choose one)

Living person(s) I’d most like to join for dinner and conversation: Oprah, Qunicy Jones

Heroes from History: my grandfather, Howard U grads, African American trailblazers

If I had the power to order my city to read one book it would be: Black No More - by George S. Schuyler