GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,785
0 members and 2,785 guests
No Members online

Old 09-19-2011, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightisgreat View Post
I was not "picking on Big 6 houses" but bringing forth that for some girls the Big 6 Houses are the only perfect choice just because they are Big 6. I feel confident that sisterhood can be found in the Big 6, but I was bringing attention to all the other houses at UT who the article even failed to mention as if sisterhood at UT was only viable at 1/3 of the houses on campus.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of article about the Big 6 isn't about sisterhood. It's about social prestige.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-20-2011, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Just got my copy of Prudence Mackintosh's book "Just as We Were, a Narrow Slice of Texas Womanhood" and surprisingly it is published by University of Texas Press. Hmmmm
Old 03-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightisgreat View Post
Is it not human nature to not want to be the girl with the gold bangle?
I just reread this thread. I'm going to remember this quote this fall every time someone comes down on an 18-year-old for being shallow in recruitment; yeah, in a perfect world, they wouldn't be but it's the nature of the beast at that age.