GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,418
1 members and 2,417 guests
No Members online

Old 09-28-2007, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
You know, some women don't really know amongst their last few, and essentially flip a coin on that final bid card.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-28-2007, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

At Pref, I connected with all three houses. Keep in mind, I was only able to meet so many of the 100 members during the first three parties, and our parties were not that long (20 minutes for first round). This is the way I felt.

At my 3rd choice, I only felt like I really got to know one member, and sort-of got to know other girls. The chapter was nice and fun, but I felt it was a bit superficial. It would have been ok to be a member here; they were a very strong house, and I'm sure I would grow to love it.

Number two house, I connected with one girl in particular, and felt I would fit in just fine. They were genuine and I thought I could develop life-long friendships. I would have definitely been happy here.

But at number one, I connected with a lot of members. At pref, even though one member was taking me around, everyone seemed to know me and remember everything about me. They remembered my classes, that my cousin was president of a chapter at another college, and who our friends-in-common were. At that point, I even had inside jokes with a few of them. When everyone else was crying at Pref, we were bursting at the seams laughing.

I could have fit into any of them, and wouldn't have been disappointed as long as I got a bid. But my ranking was very easy.

Last edited by Benzgirl; 09-28-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Ole Miss rush is a lot more tough, harsh, and competitve on the sorority side. I've been through fraternity rush at Ole Miss and I have to say that I definately found a fraternity that I liked.
Ole miss is full of "clones" from the average frat guy and sorority girl, but there are fraternities that shy away from that moniker and are actually fun! Just be yourself, and DRINK BEER! (Dont get too fucked up though). Youll find the right one if you try.