GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,182
0 members and 1,182 guests
No Members online

Old 07-25-2003, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Was watching a Dr. Who dvd last night with hubby after teh cable went out due to the monsoon storm and at the end there on the post where the Dr. was supposed to be puzzling out "old Gallefryian" there were greek letters (upper and lower case). About dropped dead laughing!! You'd think they'd at least be able to invent a new alphabet.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:10 PM

DKE license plates, but they are not vanity plates. The state prints the plates in sequence. AAA-0001, AAA-0002, ect. This year they must be up to the Ds and DKE. I must see at least one DKE plate a day.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
i saw the ADPi What Not to Wear commercial today. I think it's on tonight or tomorrow night for anyone who wants to watch!
Old 07-25-2003, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-AlphaXi
Was watching a Dr. Who dvd last night with hubby after teh cable went out due to the monsoon storm and at the end there on the post where the Dr. was supposed to be puzzling out "old Gallefryian" there were greek letters (upper and lower case). About dropped dead laughing!! You'd think they'd at least be able to invent a new alphabet.
Maybe the ancient Greeks were actually displaced Time Lords...
Old 07-25-2003, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristin AGD
I am watching some show on CBS right now. Sorry I don't know what it is. But a guy is wearing a light blue pi phi t-shirt. No other greek letters to be found though. And I am guessing he is not a pi phi . lol
i saw that too!!! i think it was ANOTHER reality tv show. maybe BIG BROTHER on cbs. but the guy wearing it was awfully cute
Old 07-25-2003, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

A couple of nights ago, I was watching the news and that was the night that the congressman got shot in City Hall and they were showing video footage of his career in civil service and at one of the rallies he had there was a guy wearing a Phi Beta Sigma shirt.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
OK, I'm not sure what thread to put this into, but.....
Today I was looking at work out clothes (I'm on a new workout and sugar-free diet plan), and I was wearing an "I heart ATO" t-shirt. So this lady comes up to me and here's our convo basically..
Lady: What does your shirt say
Me: I love ato
Lady: What is ATO?
Me: A fraternity
Her: ooooh fraternity boys, any cute ones (keep in mind this lady is like ummm 40-something)
Me: Yea, there are some cute boys
Her: Nice!
All in all a weird convo, but after she said it I totally thought of Greek Chat....so I thought I'd post it!
Old 07-25-2003, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OUlioness01
i saw the ADPi What Not to Wear commercial today. I think it's on tonight or tomorrow night for anyone who wants to watch!
yeah its coming on tonight at 10pm on tlc for anyone thats interested.

also, i saw DZ letters on campus today on a car weird thing was that 1) we dont have DZ and 2) i didnt see any other college sticker to figure out where she goes/ went to school. just kinda surprises me when i see letters for organizations that aren't on our campus especially when i can't figure out where they are from. i would guess in this case it would be furman or winthrop but who knows...just kinda caught my eye
Old 07-25-2003, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, the guy wearing the Pi Phi t-shirt is Nate from Big Brother 4. He wears that shirt all the time. In the very first episode (I think) he was wearing it the majority of the time, including in his "diary-room" interviews. Really bizarre. I understand that they can't bring a lot of clothes into the house, so they have to wear the same stuff over and over, but he wears that shirt a lot!

Sarah
Old 07-26-2003, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
so today i was at woodbury commons (a huge outlet shopping mall) and i saw some GUY wearing a dphie shirt...it was kind of old school (circa 1985 maybe?) purple shirt silkscreened w/the letters in yellow and then delta phi epsilon underneath...he obviously had no clue it was a sorority
Old 07-26-2003, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I was watching Stripes this afternoon, and early in the movie when Harold Ramis is teaching the ESL class, I swore I saw a bumper sticker on the back of one of the students desks that said KAY and DSQ
Old 07-27-2003, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
i was shopping iwth some of my chapter sisters today and i looked over by the dressing rooms at express and there was this girl wearing a Phi Mu shirt! i had to go over and introduce myself...i think she thought i was nuts
Old 07-28-2003, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I have two stories actually.

First one, I was in Kansas City a few weekends ago with my parents b/c my mom was taking her boards (she's a Dr.) So my dad and I were hanging out around this hotel where her test was at and I saw a bunch of girls in Phi Mu shirts going to a yearbook conference. I got real excited and I was going to go up and say hi, but they were already inside their room. I don't see a whole lot of Phi Mu's though when I am out and about b/c there are only three chapters in the whole state and they're a lot further north.

Then today I was watching the emergency animal show on Animal Planet (love that channel!!!) and one woman brought in her adorable little doggie who had a big nasty bite taken out of her from another dog. But the woman was wearing a bright blue AOPi sweatshirt with pink letters, I got excited even though they weren't my letters!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't spotted any ZTAs other than from my chapter, but for some reason alumnae always find me & talk to me - probably because I'm nearly always wearing a shirt or jewelery with letters. I meet them in the most random places, too.

Last summer I was on a tour of an old pioneer fort with my mother, and a woman in our tour group said, "Oh you're a Zeta? I was a Zeta at _____." It's always fun to meet alumnae, especially if they went to a college in another state.

Also last summer, I worked at a daycare, and the mom of one of the little boys there saw my t-shirt and said told me she's a Zeta Alumna.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was at the mall with a friend of mine, and I was wearing a Strawberry Shortcake t-shirt. We walked into Bath & Body Works there and the lady behind the counter asked me if I'm a Zeta. It turns out she's one of the CHAPTER FOUNDERS for my university's ZTA chapter. How cool is that? I felt honored to have met her!
Old 07-28-2003, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

One time I was driving with my father and he almost got in an accident with a girl in a car with a Delta Gamma sticker on the back window. I do not remember whose fault it was, probably a little of both, but we avoided it. Well, this girl proceeded to give us the finger and we could see her yelling and motioning at us. My dad tried to make a joke that this was my sister, but I was not expecting to see my letters or "meet" a sister in this way.
So remember if you have a sorority/fraternity car sticker, please remember that you are always representing your organization!