GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,202
2 members and 2,200 guests
Cookiez17, Overthinker

Old 07-10-2010, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't get any of these, all I get is spam mail trying to sell me drugs......
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

MESSAGE FROM WESTERN UNION‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Sat 7/10/10 5:49 PM
To:
Attn: Beneficiary,

Be informed that your part-payment of ($950.000.00 USD) from International Monetary Fund Unit (IMF) has been approved to transfer via our department of Western Union, Meanwhile your urgent respond is highly needed with the re-confirmation of your details where and how to receive your funds in our office such as: Your Name: Country: State and City.

Also the payment of US$8,000.00 has already been made through Western Union for you to pick it up, but before you can have access to pick up your first payment you are required to pay sum of (US$97.00 ) for reactivating of your payment files KTU/9023118308 and also to ensure you are the right person to receive the fund. Upon receiption of the Activation fee, we shall forward the payment details of the first transfer of US$8,000.00 to you and you can pick it up at any Western Union in your country.

You can easily get back to us via email or telephone # for more details while the amount you will be confirming daily is (US$8,000.00) starting from the day we receive the Activation fee.

You can also use the name below to send the Activation Fee via Western Union to us the payment details:

Receiver Name:???? Ginikanwa Innocent
City:???????? Cotonou
Text Q:???????? How?
Text A:???????? Fine

MTCN Number#,......
Sender's Name:.......

Here is the e-mail address you can contact us and also the person that can work on your files after you made the payment of US$97.00

Director; Rev. Mike Johnson
E-Mail western.union81@w.cn )
Direct line: +229-98-6723-88

We are looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you.
Mrs.Rose Abam
Western Union Headquarter Benin.

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 07-10-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:08:06 -0700 (PDT)
To: undisclosed recipients: ;<Invalid address>
ReplyTo: jessicakip09@ gmail.com
Subject: Dearest

Dearest,

I'm delighted and honourd writing this letter to you,and I hope and pray that you be the honest man that will bring meaning into my life, Though currently I am seeking asylum in a refugees camp in place called Ouagadougou the capital of Republic of Burkina Faso in West Africa. My name is Miss.Jessica Kipkalya Kones, 22yrs old female and I held from Kenya.

My father was the former Kenyan road Minister. He and Assistant Minister of Home Affairs Lorna Laboso had been on board the Cessna 210, which was headed to Kericho and crashed in a remote area called Kajong'a, in western Kenya. The plane crashed on the Tuesday 10th, June,2008. You can read more about the crash through the below

site:http:// edition.. .cnn..com/ 2008/WORLD/ africa/06/ 10/kenya. crash/index. html After the burial of my father, my stepmother Mrs,Biatrez and uncle conspired and sold my father's properties to an italian Expertrate which the shared the money among themselves and live nothing for me.One faithful morning, I opened my father's briefcase and found out the documents which he have deposited huge amount of money in one bank in Burkina Faso with my name as the next of kin.

I travelled to Burkina Faso to withdraw the money for a better life so that I can take care of myself and start a new life, on my arrival, the Bank Director whom I met in person told me that my father's instuction to the bank is that the money would only be release to me when I am married or present a trustee who will help me and invest the money overseas. I am in search of an honest and reliable person who will help me and stand as my trustee so that I will present him to the Bank for transfer of the money to his bank account overseas.

I have chosen to contact you after my prayers and I believe that you will not betray my trust. But rather take me as your own sister. Though you may wonder why I am so soon revealing myself to you without knowing you, well I will say that my mind convinced me that you may be the true person to help me. Moreso, I will like to disclose much to you if you can help me to relocate to your country because my stepmother have threaten to assinate me. The amount is( $7.2 USD )Million United State Dollars, and I have confirmed from the bank in Burkina Faso on my arrival, You will also help me to place the money in a more profitable business venture in your Country. However, you will help by recommending a nice University in your country so that I can complete my studies.

It is my intention to compensate you with 30% of the total money for your services and the balance shall be my capital in your establishment. As soon as I receive your positive response showing your interest I will put things into action immediately. In the light of the above, I shall appreciate an urgent message indicating your ability and willingness to handle this transaction sincerely. Awaiting your urgent and positive response. Please do keep this only to your self. I beg you not to disclose it till i come over because I am affraid of my weaked stepmother who has threatened to kill me and have the money alone ,I thank God Today that am out from my country (KENYA) bUT am now In (Burkina Faso) where my father deposited these money and i have confirmed from the bank with the Documents i have at hand. Here is my picture is for you alone.

Sincerely yours ,

Miss.Jessica Kipkalya Kones.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
she cute? lol
Old 08-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

THE NIGERIA POLICE FORCE (NPF)
Plot 16 Alausa, Ikeja-Lagos.PMB 072 Lagos.

THE NIGERIA POLICE FORCE (NPF)
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN PAYMENT
(RESOLUTION PANEL ON CONTRACT PAYMENT)
IKOYI-LAGOS NIGERIA .

From The Nigeria Police Force (N.P.F)
Federal Republic Of Nigeria.
Dr.Ogbonna. O. Onovo CFR, NPM, mnik
Attention: ATM Card Beneficiary,

I wish to use this medium to inform you that your full Payment of USD$5.8M (Five Million Eight Hundred Thousand Dollars) from CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA have been RELEASED and APPROVED for onward transfer to you via an ATM CARD which you will use to withdraw all the USD$M in any ATM SERVICE MACHINE in any part of the world, but the maximum you can withdraw in a day is USD$10,000 Only.

We have mandated UNITY BANK PLC, to send you the ATM CARD and PIN NUMBER which you will use to withdraw all your USD$5.8 Million Dollars in any ATM SERVICE MACHINE in any part of the world, but as i have mentioned earlier, the maximum you can withdraw in a day is USD$10,000 Only.

You are therefore advice to contact:

Head of ATM CARD Department
BANK PHB Nigeria Plc
Contact Person: ASP. Frank Joseph
Contact E-mail: franklinjoe1

Inform him that you received a message from the Nigeria Police Force instructing him to send you the ATM CARD and PIN NUMBER which you will use to withdraw your USD$5.8 Million Dollars in any ATM SERVICE MACHINE in any part of the world, also send him your direct phone number and contact address where you want him to send the ATM CARD and PIN NUMBER to you.

Thanks for adhering to this instruction and once again accept our

congratulations.

Yours In Service
Dr.Ogbonna. O. Onovo CFR, NPM, mni
Inspector-General of Police
Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
HELLO,

Kindly accepts my apology for sending unsolicited mail to you.I believe you are a highly respected personality, considering the fact that I sourced your EMAIL. My name is Miss Victoria VAYE,The only child of (Late Doc Jacob Vin Vaye). My Father happen to be the the uncle of Mr Isaac Nuhan Vaye, Deputy Minister of Public Works, Liberia.

My Father have a Diplomat Immunity and closeness to the late PRESIDENT OF LIBERIA (CHARLES TAYLOR) and there was a lot between my Father and the late President.

The president have a huge amount of money with my late father which was a total sum of 6.5million USD.But when there is a problem around that some group are planning to remove the then President and which include the Minister and this false Allegation that the Minister is among those who plot to remove the president cause the Minister death without facing any court trial.

I do not know to what extent you are familiar with events and fragile political situation in the world but for years back this has formed consistent headlines in the CNN, BBC news bulletins. So my Father have to moved with the money with him through a diplomatic means and got the whole sum of 6.5 million USD deposited with (IDS Security Company) in Europe.This company is a Finance/Private shipment company.The money is in 2 boxes with 4 security code that anyone that is to get them must provide the 4 codes and the deposit details.

I get to know all this 5 month ago because My father drop a letter with his lawyer to give it to me until i am 30yrs and beg her not open it at all that is something personal and am glad i get the letter sealed as my father left it.

He explained further in the mail to me that it was because of this huge sum of amount that he was poisoned by his business associates. He advice and warn to be careful as i get this letter and after i confirm the boxes with the IDS security company. That I should seek for a foreign partner in any country where i will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose such as real estate management or hotel management.

I have been confined only to our country home and all my calls are monitored for now,so I and my secretly relocated to UNITED KINGDOM as an asylum seeker through the help of the (U.N.O) Organization for African Refugee so am presently under the guidance of the authority here in London and i will advise you confidentially contact me back on my email or through my Attorney Email address stated here for onward proceedings (sempeomol1@gmail.com)

So please i urgently need your assistance to claim this fund as I will remunerate you with 20% at the end, but most of all is that I solicit your trust in this transaction.
You will kindly aid me to invest the money in your country so please kindly include your private telephone and fax numbers where you can always be reached and your residential or company address to enable me send detail information/documents to you.
Best Regards,

Miss Victoria VAYE.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't gotten a Nigeria scam in awhile, but last semester I kept getting my voicemail blown up with a number claiming I'd overdrafted my citibank account (which doesn't exist). Since I've had problems with this sort of thing before (I got held up a few years back and my wallet containing my social security card got stolen; yeah, not making that mistake again) I sourced the real citibank number and had them run a check for me. Turns out it was a scam as I knew it to be, and they shut up soon afterward. Still no idea where the number came from though; whenever I picked it up I got static on the other end.
Florida Atlantic University
Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

I still get these.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the subject line: DONT BE A SCAM VICIM
Sent: Mon 2/21/11 11:41 PM
To:
There Friend,

I am Mrs. Laura Susan Fredrick an FBI AGENT; I am a US citizen, 48 years Old. I reside here in New Braunfels Texas. My

residential address is as follows. 1811 TEAL RUN PLACE DR.FRESNO, TX 77545,

United States. I am one of those that executed Compensation in Nigeria many years ago and they refused to pay me, I had paid

over $15,000 while in the US, trying to get my payment but to all no avail.

So I decided to travel down to Nigeria with all my compensation documents, and I was directed to meet REV. PAULSON WILLIAMS,

who is the member of OMPENSATION AWARD COMMITTEE, and I saw him and he explained everything to me. He said whoever is

contacting us through emails are fake.

He took me to the paying bank for the claim of my Compensation payment. Right now I am the happiest woman on earth because I

have received my compensation funds of $1.5 000.000.00 Moreover, REV. PAULSON WILLIAMS, showed me the full information of
those that are yet to receive their payments and I saw your name as one of the beneficiary, and your email address, that is

why I decided to email you to stop dealing with those people, they are not with your und, they are only making money out of

you. I will advise you to contact REV. PAULSON WILLIAMS.

You have to contact him direct on this information below.

COMPENSATION AWARD HOUSE

Name: REV. PAULSON WILLIAMS

Email: [remove email]
Office Address: 13,Cole Street,Ikeja Lagos Nigeria.

You really have to stop dealing with those people that is contacting you and telling you that your fund is with them, it is

not in anyway with them, they are only taking advantage of you and they will dry you up until you have nothing.

The only money I paid was just $250usd, take note of that. Once again stop contacting those people, I will advise you to

contact REV. PAULSON WILLIAMS so that he can help you to deliver your fund instead of dealing with those liars that will be

turning you around asking for different kind of money to complete your transaction.

Thank You and Remain Blessed.
Mrs. Laura Susan Fredrick.

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 02-21-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sanjiyan69 Send a message via Skype™ to sanjiyan69
didn't know this thread existed. NICE.

ΛΧΑ

My facebook
Old 02-22-2011, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
I still get these.
Me too. Got this one this morning:

Greetings,
I am sorry to encroach into your privacy in this manner, I found you listed in the Trade Centre Chambers of Commerce
directory here in Japan, I find it pleasurable to offer you my partnership in business,
I only pray at this time that your address is still valid. I want to solicit your attention to receive
money on my behalf. The purpose of my contacting you is because my status would not permit
me to do this alone. When you reply this message, I will send you the full details and more
information about myself and the funds. If interested, please reply through my
alternate Email: bait@youareasucker.com

Mr. T. Oyamada
Chief financial officer
Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi, Japan
Old 09-30-2011, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Google 11th Anniversary Awards.
94 Marylebone High Street,
London W1U 4RY, United Kingdom.

Congratulations!!

We are pleased to inform you that your email address has won you an Award in the Google 11th Anniversary Awards as organized by the Anniversary Centre of Google Inc. held on September 28th 2011 in London, United Kingdom.

The Anniversary Centre of Google Inc randomly selected 10 email addresses through a computer ballot system to receive an award of five hundred thousand Great British Pounds each as a part of their for-profit philanthropic wing (GOOGLE.ORG) promotion. Awards MUST be claimed by the email owner ONLY, these are your winning information's Reference code: GOOGLE09/294/M-3, File number: G12/1, Serial Number: 046538, Winning Numbers: 1 73 14 4 17 27

Send your complete personal information with your winning information's to the paying outlet to enable the process of your claim;

1. Full name:
2. Country:
3. Contact Address:
4. Telephone/Fax no:
5. Marital Status:
6. Occupation:
7. Sex:
8. Age:

To file for your claim, please contact our corresponding claim agent immediately you read this message for quick and urgent release of your fund.

Contact information is as follow:
Mr.Walter Johnson
Email: [email removed]

Director of Operations: Dr. Jack Denis (Google Management)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After 11 years of establishment, Google Inc is worth over US$23 Billion with over 20,000 workers worldwide making it the best and most successful online search engine around the globe. Keep your Award information confidential.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

^^ You too! What are the ODDS!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

The Anniversary Centre of Google? Hahahahahahahaha!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Santander Bank, UK
Dear Friend,
I am Mr. John Connelly, the Auditor General, Santander Bank UK . In the course of my auditing, I discovered a floating fund in an account, which was opened in 1990 belonging to a dead foreigner who died in 1999. Every effort made to track any member of his family or next of kin has since failed; hence I got in contact with you to stand as his next of kin since you bear the same last name. He died leaving no heir or a will.
My intention is to transfer this sum of $5.5M in the aforementioned account to a safe account overseas. I am therefore proposing that you quietly partner with me and provide an account or set up a new one that will serve the purpose of receiving this fund. For your assistance in this venture, I am ready to part with a good percentage of the entire funds. After going through the deceased person's records and files, I discovered that:
(1) No one has operated this account since 1999
(2) He died without an heir; hence the money has been floating.
(3) No other person knows about this account and there was no known beneficiary.
If I do not remit this money urgently, it would be forfeited and subsequently converted to company's funds, which will benefit only the directors of my firm. This money can be approved to you legally as with all the necessary documentary approvals in your name. However, you would be required to show some proof of claim, which I will provide you with and also guide you on how to make your applications.
Please do give me a reply so that I can send you detailed information on the modalities of my proposition. I completely trust you to keep this proposition absolutely confidential. Kindly forward your telephone number where I can reach you easily. I look forward to your prompt response.
Best Regards,
Mr. John Connelly.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Don't get em anymore