GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,482
2 members and 1,480 guests
LaneSig, PGD-GRAD

Old 04-04-2007, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
we do a raffle every spring, where we go around to area businesses and ask for donations (discounts on restaurants, gift certificates... we even got a harmonica from the music store lol but just ask for anythingggg) and then we do a raffle using the prizes and sell tickets i think for like 1 dollar or 5 for an arms length and sat in our student union and went around to professors, and other greek chapters. we used it for our philanthropy, the american cancer society... the first time we did it- we got crappy prizes and didn't raise much but the last few years have been successful, so don't get discouraged

another thing we do is we sponsor the homecoming king- and we ask guys to participate (its a big deal to do so) and they go around and collect change for the american cancer society and the guy that raises the most is crowned homecoming king...

we also threw parties lol but with 6 sisters thats kind of hard to do....

good luck!!! pm me if you have questions
Old 04-10-2007, 07:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Yami_Cassie
You have to watch out for raffles and movie night fundraisers. A lot of schools don't allow them, and with movies, I believe you can't officially charge at all but you can have a suggested donation.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Seems this member is gone?

But for others, ASA does a teeter totter thon!

We do a Hot Tub a Thon with a fellow Sorority on the lawn in the winter at the house.

Steam is coming off and takes great pics!

Gather either money, canned goods, and get some freebies like the hot tub and food!

Have a sheet of plywood to put names on!

So, get print and TV and Radio media to help, it is news worthy!

A Local Charity is greast and they will push it too!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-11-2007, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I've seen fundraisers where the campus community can "rent" a sister - to run errands, wash cars, clean houses, etc.

If there are any theme parks nearby, you can work concessions (same thing for athletic events & concert venues).
Old 12-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

And the best time to sell candy (or any other food) is during Midterms and Finals!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:32 PM

One year, they sold pinwheels to be put on the front lawn of the courthouse.Very cute
Old 01-13-2008, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

If you have extra rush or social shirts laying around, which most chapters at north georgia do (I know I went there and my SAE chapter had always had a few extra) then you can try to sell them online to recapture some of the money lost.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

We did a "best legs" competition. All you could see from the contestants were their legs. There was a curtain draped from their hips on up, so unless you could recognize either their legs or their shoes, you had no idea who you were cheering for.

We did groups of 4 at a time. Each sorority and fraternity could enter up to 3 members. Since this was a while ago, I can't remember how much we charged.

Judges were non-Greeks and included faculty as well as independents. This was a lot of fun and always brought in quite a bit of money.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

One of the Fraternities, sold Singing Telegrams on Mother's Day. They would call your mother (grandmother, aunt, etc) and sing the song of your choosing. I think they charged $5 per call.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Fundraising Ideas

hey!! well another idea that we just used and we were able to get all the money profit from it was a yard sale you guys can get somewhere busy and have the girls look around their house for stuff they dont need...

SL
Old 08-08-2008, 05:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

What about sponsored events - it's surprising if you have a few hundred people that all raise $5-10 or more how much you can end up with. We did this as an annual event and raise thousands.

How about auctioning off or doing a garage sale of all those unwanted items - text books, gifts, electrical goods, clothes, etc ?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

U can try selling candy bars, if U have a Sam's Club or Gordon Food Services u can go there and buy a box of candy for like $25-$30 and most of them have anywhere from 40-51 bars that U sell for $1 each. That can bring in money for your chapter, you also look into like Krispy Kreme i know they do fundraiser stuff, also.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Something For The Brothers-Fraternity

If you are in need of capitalization, why not combine car washing, soda pop and pizza. I do not know to many brothers that can not resist beautiful sisters , food and pop. You could have your cake and eat it to.

I am sure you have discount soda pop and pizza restaurants in your area. You could charge $ 2.50 for a chees and pep, $ 3.00 for a combo and charge 1.25 for the soda pop.

make the point that you need repairs to property and needs of the sisiters.

Thank You,

Todd
Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaDeltaDelta
Bake sale, candy sale, etc.. I've been trying to think of a good fundraiser to propose to the brotherhood so we can have a few extra parties this semester, but I'd rather do it without adding pounds to my fellow collegians. Have people actually had success with _____-a-thons as fundraisers (not philanthropy) in the past? How do you convince people you are a worthy cause to donate money to with all the much more pressing causes out there?

Gravitas.Pietas.Dignitas.Iustitia
Old 03-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Unregistered-

REACH THE ARBONNE!

I know you probably mean well, but I'm just letting you know now. Arbonne and everything about it will not be well-received here.

Just sayin'.