GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 291,153
Threads: 113,836
Posts: 2,146,303
Welcome to our newest member, ulfhl
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-22-2017, 07:54 AM
FSUZeta FSUZeta is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: naples, florida
Posts: 14,766
Great advice.
__________________
I live in Fantasyland and I have waterfront property.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-22-2017, 08:26 AM
Weaver D Weaver D is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The South
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugadawgmom View Post
WeaverD, another thing my daughter and I did was a google search of the sororities facebook pages to see if any of our friends liked the page and therefore were members of that sorority or knew someone who was. For example, we would google search "alpha chi omega facebook" and see if any friends liked that page. Then we would search school specific like "delta gamma uga facebook" and see if any of our friends followed that page. Then we would search other schools where most of the graduates in our area would go to college such as "Georgia tech alpha gamma delta faceboook", and "Georgia southern chi omega facebook". Do this for all 18 sororities that are at UGA and I bet you will find something. We were able to secure 3 recs by doing this. Good Luck!
This is GREAT advice! Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Cheerio Cheerio is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Noah was in China, now he's floated here
Posts: 2,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver D View Post
Here is a copy of the video that was shown in the UGA Greek Life info session yesterday. I was surprised how good it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpA...AffhJAhCEatG6A
This video is worth every penny and minute spent to produce. Thank you for posting it! Get a kick out of the use of the state of Georgia's unofficial motto, which can be seen on the 1999 Georgia State Quarter among your pocket change: Wisdom--Justice--Moderation
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-29-2017, 07:29 PM
Weaver D Weaver D is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The South
Posts: 12
Here's another recruitment video released by UGA Panhellenic Council on their FB page today:
https://vimeo.com/184791308

Last edited by Weaver D; 06-30-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Weaver D Weaver D is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The South
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugadawgmom View Post
WeaverD, another thing my daughter and I did was a google search of the sororities facebook pages to see if any of our friends liked the page and therefore were members of that sorority or knew someone who was. For example, we would google search "alpha chi omega facebook" and see if any friends liked that page. Then we would search school specific like "delta gamma uga facebook" and see if any of our friends followed that page. Then we would search other schools where most of the graduates in our area would go to college such as "Georgia tech alpha gamma delta faceboook", and "Georgia southern chi omega facebook". Do this for all 18 sororities that are at UGA and I bet you will find something. We were able to secure 3 recs by doing this. Good Luck!
Thank you for the advice. I was able to secure three recommendations from this method! Looks like I have at least 1 rec for each chapter. Thank you again for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-09-2017, 06:07 PM
TriDeltaSallie TriDeltaSallie is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Beautiful West Michigan
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver D View Post
Here is a copy of the video that was shown in the UGA Greek Life info session yesterday. I was surprised how good it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpA...AffhJAhCEatG6A
But where was the glitter?
__________________
"Let us found a society that shall be kind alike to all and think more of a girl's inner self and character than of her personal appearance." Sarah Ida Shaw

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-09-2017, 09:42 PM
NinjaPoodle NinjaPoodle is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: On the beach. Well....not really but near it. :0)
Posts: 12,588
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver D View Post
Here's another recruitment video released by UGA Panhellenic Council on their FB page today:
https://vimeo.com/184791308
That's a nice presentation.
__________________
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. ** Greater Service, Greater Progress
Since 1922
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-11-2017, 11:38 AM
TLLK TLLK is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver D View Post
Here's another recruitment video released by UGA Panhellenic Council on their FB page today:
https://vimeo.com/184791308
Very impressive.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-19-2017, 04:35 PM
Weaver D Weaver D is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The South
Posts: 12
Has anyone received an update on registration numbers?

When I spoke to Claudia at the first orientation session she was anticipating record setting numbers based on the higher admissions acceptances this year...5,900 students. I know housing is jam packed since Russell Hall is closed for renovations.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indiana University Recruitment 2017 IndianaSigKap Sorority Recruitment 226 02-11-2017 03:59 PM
Recruitment 2016-2017 AST-AI2007 Alpha Sigma Tau 6 12-02-2016 10:40 AM
FSU Spring Recruitment 2017 greekwannabefsu Introductions 4 10-23-2016 01:32 PM
Recruitment 2017 as a sophomore transfer? HELP dancingprincess Greek Life 4 09-06-2016 04:00 PM
Recruitment 2017 as a Sophomore Transfer? dancingprincess Sorority Recruitment 9 08-15-2016 10:54 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.