GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,210
0 members and 2,210 guests
No Members online

Old 02-06-2002, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Car Wreck!

OMG guys I was in a car wreck last night...Im alright not too hurt Im a little sore but thats all*thank goodness* now my car..thats another story my two doors on my drivers side are smashed in a bit. so theyre gonna have to be replaced. QUESTION~ does anyone know if maybe my insurance company would let me use a car while mine was being fixed with me being only 17?? I hope they will b/c w/o it I wont have a way to work or school well anyways just wanted to share. hey did you know its illegal to pass people when theyre turning left?? well I fould that out last night after the lady changed her mind and smashed into me. wow you learn something new everyday.

Nichole
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-06-2002, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry!! I'm glad you're okay.

Try calling your insurance company and telling them that you *need* a car. Better yet, call the woman's insurance company (since it sounds like it was her fault) and demand that they pay for a rental -- when I was in a wreck that wasn't my fault years ago, my mom called the other driver's insurance company and did just that and they paid for my rental car in full, even though I had it for more days than they actually allowed. Just ask for what you want, and be a pain if need be. From my experience, it's better to have the other person's insurance pay directly for what you need if it's at all possible. With my wreck, I got everything paid by the other insurance company, and I ended up being very fortunate that my rates were not increased.

Good luck!!
Old 02-06-2002, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Sparky, I'm glad that you are okay! My Stratus was struck 3 times and it wasn't my fault...okay, the last one actually was because I did a stupid thing but someone else was following too closely.

Did you get a ticket to show that you were the one that illegally passed? Did she have her blinkers on??

In some states, you can't rent a car under 21 so your parents might have to do the actual rental.

Best of luck!

Warning to drivers, you hit my new Altima and you're toast!
Old 02-06-2002, 09:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to ADPiSweety
Glad you're ok girl! Be glad for your health! My friend got into a car wreck last week and he's still not doing too well. I'm over there like everynite helping him out. Anyways, toodles~!
Old 02-06-2002, 09:25 PM

Thank goodness you're all right. That's the important thing.

If you have rental car coverage on your insurance, you should be able to get a rental. You may be stuck for the young driver surcharge, though, and your parents might have to co-sign. Or you might want to see if your garage has loaner cars - again, though, one of your parents may have to co-sign.

I take it from your description of the accident, that you mean it's "illegal" to pass a car on the right that's waiting to make a left turn? That ain't what they taught *me* in driver's ed! If she was signaling a left turn, you were entitled to pass her on the right. Otherwise, all traffic would come to a complete standstill! If you got a ticket - fight it.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Tallahassee, Florida, USA and Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Sisterplum
Glad to hear you're okay darlin!

I don't have any advice on insurance or anything...but keep us informed kay? Good luck!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Glad your ok. If the insurance company is any good they will let you use a rental car.
Old 02-07-2002, 02:47 AM
GreekChat Member

UGH!!!

OK, REALLY GLAD YOU ARE OK. GC would not be a good place if you were gone....

I'd loan you my truck, but i'd be a hella commute sharing it seeings how I am in texas...
Old 02-07-2002, 06:11 AM
GreekChat Member

I am so glad you are ok.

In Texas I think you have to be 24 or 25 to rent a car otherwise you have to get your parents to rent it for you. I am not sure about your state.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:57 AM
GreekChat Member

CAR WRECKS!!! I've learned more than I want to know. In most cases, they won't rent to a minor and aggieAXO is pretty close except I thought theage was 22. We rented a car in Houston and they woudn't allow anyone under 22 to drive it even wih us in the car! It may be a different situation depending on who got the ticket.

The main thing is you are OK and if it IS the ladies fault, I think you could get payment for loss of work. I don't know what to say about school unless they would cover cab fare?

Everyone else is giving goodadvice...check out your company first. However, really think it boils down to who is found to be at fault.

Glad you're OK!!!
Old 02-07-2002, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Thanks for your help guys....I know that my insurance is full coverage and does have renters too. I haven't been able to ask about myself being able to rent a car yet though b/c the police report isn't in yet..It will be in tomorrow though so hopefully I will be getting my car all pretty again next week

Nichole