GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,193
0 members and 2,193 guests
No Members online

Old 03-13-2010, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

How not to write a personal ad...

I know I'm not the only one perusing online dating sites and I come across so many awful profiles. I thought it could be funny to post some of the worst ones here! This is the one that gave me this idea:

Just looking around.And Please, no more Drama. Just want to see whats available. I will write if I can. Im not sure about this.They want me to write more, but Im not sure what to write. I dont even know if I can write enough to get a profile.I am newly divorced and just checking things out. I have been out of the buiness for quite some time. I see you.This whole dating thing sucks. I think Im going to become a hermit lol

Doesn't he sound like a fun guy?? I'm just dying to meet him!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I know I'm not the only one perusing online dating sites and I come across so many awful profiles. I thought it could be funny to post some of the worst ones here! This is the one that gave me this idea:

Just looking around.And Please, no more Drama. Just want to see whats available. I will write if I can. Im not sure about this.They want me to write more, but Im not sure what to write. I dont even know if I can write enough to get a profile.I am newly divorced and just checking things out. I have been out of the buiness for quite some time. I see you.This whole dating thing sucks. I think Im going to become a hermit lol

Doesn't he sound like a fun guy?? I'm just dying to meet him!
The "newly divorced" would raise a red flag for me. Sorry Dee, but he doesn't sound so good.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

My friends suggested I do this some time ago. But I have no idea what to put in it?
Old 03-13-2010, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

LOL at "I will write if I can."
Old 03-13-2010, 02:23 AM
GreekChat Member

lol at "I see you." I guess he's an Avatar fan?
Old 03-13-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRuth View Post
Just go out with him. Give the dude a chance. What's it going to hurt? I don't see how it could be any worse than that hockey prick you were dating.
Well, he obviously has no writing or language skills. That's for starters.

If a girl wrote that ad, would YOU date HER? Seriously???
Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
The "newly divorced" would raise a red flag for me. Sorry Dee, but he doesn't sound so good.
You missed my facetiousness kiddo! I'm posting the awful ones here!
Old 03-13-2010, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
You missed my facetiousness kiddo! I'm posting the awful ones here!
I gathered that from the title of the thread, lol. I had thought about starting a thread like this after I saw a doozy....If I find it again, I'll post it.

ETA: Found it, it wasn't his profile, it was a msg he sent me. I've bolded the entertaining parts:

wow,,,u sound a lil bit different from others,,,honestly more serious and focused than most other ladies,,,,i do stopby here just read and laugh by wat a lot of ppl here both male n female writes but strangely u made a huge impression on me and dats i took a 2nd look and read ur profile again,,,,wow,i tink ur unique,,,be proud of it girl,,,,never think serious minded ppl can be here as i see here like fun place to see different ideas expressed in profiles,,,,think am impressed well,i will like to kno u more,,,u kno wat,,,just call me,basically after 8pm as i get off 730pm,,,i do a 12hr shit,,,so call me from 8pm-9pm and am available,,i dnt mind giving u my nos as i think u sound maturedly but u hv my mandate to call me ok,,,, till i hear from u back ok,,,,virginboy (***)***-****

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 03-13-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

12 hr shit? sounds painful.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I gathered that from the title of the thread, lol. I had thought about starting a thread like this after I saw a doozy....If I find it again, I'll post it.

ETA: Found it, it wasn't his profile, it was a msg he sent me. I've bolded the entertaining parts:

wow,,,u sound a lil bit different from others,,,honestly more serious and focused than most other ladies,,,,i do stopby here just read and laugh by wat a lot of ppl here both male n female writes but strangely u made a huge impression on me and dats i took a 2nd look and read ur profile again,,,,wow,i tink ur unique,,,be proud of it girl,,,,never think serious minded ppl can be here as i see here like fun place to see different ideas expressed in profiles,,,,think am impressed well,i will like to kno u more,,,u kno wat,,,just call me,basically after 8pm as i get off 730pm,,,i do a 12hr shit,,,so call me from 8pm-9pm and am available,,i dnt mind giving u my nos as i think u sound maturedly but u hv my mandate to call me ok,,,, till i hear from u back ok,,,,virginboy (***)***-****
"till i hear from u back ok," - is he Yoda?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

And he is mandating you to call him back? LOL
Old 03-14-2010, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

All the other stuff aside, WHAT'S WITH ALL THE COMMAS?? If you can't tell between a period and a comma, the problem is much more serious than we thought.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-16-2010, 07:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
No, way. There's no way anybody would type like that. Maybe he was trying to make you laugh or something. Is this for real?
Romans 1:16
Old 03-16-2010, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
12 hr shit? sounds painful.
Hilarious. When I hit that part of the message I started choking on my drink and laughing. I was not expecting that one.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

lmao that post is just a mess..