GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,275
0 members and 2,275 guests
No Members online

Old 08-28-2009, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Rushing

Here's my story involving school A and fraternity B.
I'm presently a junior at school A (I started here fall 07). For most of my freshman year I had a jaded view of fraternities in general, not unlike many independents. When I started meeting guys in fraternities, I realized how fraternities help alot of people out rather than ostracize them. During my sophomore year I started looking into fraternities and found one I really liked(fraternity B). I couldn't even attempt tp rush then because my GPA was horrendously low thanks to plenty of freshman year antics. My GPA's finally at 2.75 and I'm trying to rush fraternity B. Other than my GPA being lower than the house average, there shouldn't be any major problem rushing. If you got this far reading, kudos.
I just can't help but feel incredibly vulnerable right now and I'm wondering should I feel this way given my uncommon circumstance.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-28-2009, 01:19 AM

Honestly it all depends on how much of a priority this particular fraternity puts on academics. Also, it depends on what school you are at because some schools are reluctant to take upperclassmen. Having said all that, I don't have any magic words I can say to put your mind at ease.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Honestly it all depends on how much of a priority this particular fraternity puts on academics. Also, it depends on what school you are at because some schools are reluctant to take upperclassmen. Having said all that, I don't have any magic words I can say to put your mind at ease.

WHAT?!

"If you find the girls that love the you, you love..well then that's just fAbulΦus."
Old 08-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

does fraternity B have a minimum gpa requirement? if they do, and your gpa is lower than that, you might not be offered a bid, but please understand that this is coming from a panhellenic perspective. fraternities operate a whole lot differently than sororities do.

maybe some of the gc gentlemen can offer some advice.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Honestly, there are a lot of factors. It depends on what the chapter is willing to accept as a GPA. It depends on whether they look at semesterly or cumulative GPA. And if your grades are fine, it really depends on the campus culture due to your age. And then there's always the chance that they just don't like you.

You'll never know if you don't try though, so its definitly worth a shot going out to rush.