GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,314
0 members and 2,314 guests
No Members online

Old 10-02-2002, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Best Friends...

Best friends...She's been there for me through the heart aches of break ups, the ups and downs of life, and you know the rest. I just want to know how you met your best friend and what makes that person so special to be your best friend? Do you have a male best friend? I've got males that are like older brothers to me that I couldn't live without. What about you?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-03-2002, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Talking My Best Friend

I met my best friend a couple of years ago. Our boyfriends are actually best friends, so I guess to most people it would make sense that we would be friends too. When I met her I found out that we had a common interest, reading, so we clicked from the first time that we met, and we are both clumsy at times. A lot of people actually think that we're sisters since everyone claims we look alike but to us we look nothing alike, no we don't have the same style of clothes either. It doesn't help that we currently attend the same college either.

What makes her so special is that I can tell her about anything and know that my business will not be in the street, like other friends I had. She never judges me even if she knows that what I have done is wrong, and she ALWAYS gives me solid advice. Plus she has a strong faith in the Lord which is a GREAT quality to have.

I could go on and on but that's why she my best friend in a nutshell!

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 10-03-2002, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking My best friend

I met my best friend in 7th grade. Actually she didn't like me. She thought I was one of those stuck up girls, but I was really just shy We ended up in the same class and just clicked. We look exactly opposite from each other but we have so much other stuff in common. She has told me about myself a few times and has always kept it real and given it to me straight. Now she is a junior at Clark Atlanta University and we are still tight. I can tell her ANYTHING and I can know that she won't tell anyone. Now, I have other friends and people I consider really good friends, but she is the one who keeps me on the ground.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
I have four best friends. I met my oldest best friend in 7th grade and we've been best friends since eighth. My second bf I met in 9th grade, when I moved to MD. The last two I met at college when we had a boring class together. I"m lucky that I have four close girlfriends.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

My best friend is a guy. We lived together for 2 years and NEVER has any major problems. We just click. We tell each other everything, we go everywhere together. I love him to death and I know he feels the same way about me. Plus, we both have the same taste in guys.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 2DISCRETE4U
Well I have 2 best friends. One, since the 6th grade. That's one of those friendships that just stays as best friends because we've been best friends for so long. We've been through it and currently are trying to work it out.
My other best friend , I've known since 3rd grade. We looked alike so the teachers would always mix us up. That's how we met! Even when we go out now, people mistake us for sisters. But we didn't really become BEST friends until this past year after I graduated from college. That's when we really connected and started hanging out. This past year has been hectic for both of us and she's been through it all with me, as I have been through it with her. I REALLY had some trying times in the past couple of months and she has been my rock. I cry when I even think of how much she means to me. She is my heart forreal and I love her like we came from the same womb! She is and always will be someone who's friendship I cherish for a lifetime. I thank GOD everyday for bringing her into my life and I thank her for staying in my life!
Old 10-10-2002, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I have 2 best friends. The first one I have known all of my life. She's my mother. We are very close and can talk about anything. My other best friend I meet in college in '94. He's such a sweet heart, will do anything for me, and we have such strong bond. (Bonnie and Clyde..lol) He's now my husband.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile True best friends

My best friends are actually my sisters and my mother. I am the youngest of 7, and of couse I terrorized them when I was younger, but we have a great relationship now. ANd my mother wasn't the type when I was growing up to try to be my best friend, but now we're really close. I just really treasure my family.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Sorry have to vent...

Well I knew my ex-best friends for 9 years and thought that we would stay friends forever but of course that did not happen. After an incident I realized that they really were not good friends because if they were they would not have treated me the way they did. True friends believe you and stand by you...not make you feel humiliated or inferior.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Sorry have to vent...

Quote:
Originally posted by BearyCuteAPhi
Well I knew my ex-best friends for 9 years and thought that we would stay friends forever but of course that did not happen. After an incident I realized that they really were not good friends because if they were they would not have treated me the way they did. True friends believe you and stand by you...not make you feel humiliated or inferior.
exactly why I'm cautious on having a "best friend" because I'm tooo nice and I'll give my last if I know you're down for/with me. My best friend is my mom and my siblings. I love them!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink I thought these were cute. . .TTT

Old 04-09-2003, 05:28 AM

My best friend is male, i know him like the back of my hand, met soph yr in undergrad, 5yrs ago. We are so tight that for a yr even b4 we officialy got 2gether people thought we were a couple, but we werent , just tight friends. He can write me a blank check, knowing i wont take more than he tells me too, plus he's 1st person i call to share good/bad news. We were officially in a relationship for 2yrs, but took a break from it, the joke about it is we tell others our future husband/wife will be jealous of our closeness, and people tell us that no need to worry, u guys are too close, with ur previous history(2yr relationship) and the still tight bond, u all are bound for marriage. Either way he's my ace, love him to death
Old 04-10-2003, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up I sent her that M&M picture!!

I met my best friend in Kindergarten. She's white and I'm black. Back then, we just thought it was interesting. I would ask her why the palms of her hands weren't black since mine were white.

We almost lost touch in high school. Her parents sent her to a school they THOUGHT was predominately white (boy were they wrong!) instead of letting her go to the school on our side of town that everyone knew was mostly black (her mother said me and my family were the only blacks she liked--I think I was supposed to be impressed by that). She ended up having a black boyfriend until her father found out. We got back in touch when our schools were combined, though we weren't as close as before.

Now, we are close again . I just wish we lived closer together so we could see each other more. Even her parents are nicer (her father is great)!!

Last edited by Sahara; 04-10-2003 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Nuevo Jersey...all the time wishing that I was in Puerto Rico!!!
Smile My best friend!!!!

My best friend is a sister named Danielle!!! We met about 10yrs. ago at work and we've been kickin' it ever since!!!! She is my son's Godmom and she's been my rock when I needed her. We refer to each other as "sisters" because our bond is soooo strong!!! My best "male" friend is my husband !!! We have been married for about 5yrs. but we've been together for 13yrs. He's seen me at my worst and had my back through those times and he's been there to celebrate the triumps!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

My sister (who happens to be seven years older than me) is my best friend. My mother is also my best friend. My line sister, my tre, is my best friend. Then I have tooicecold1906 who's my best friend. We just got really close almost two years ago. We clicked and it's been over every since. We call each other "POOK"! Don't ask why...I LOVE YOU POOK!