GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,190
4 members and 2,186 guests
asamuelchvso931, oncegreek, PrettyBoy

Old 06-08-2007, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

"hell Week" video

Not sure if this goes under Risk Management, because I am not sure if this is a joke. They look like a bunch of tools. They are Chi Delta Phis.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=90Opa9IOMtY

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-08-2007, 04:06 PM

Most of those "hazing" videos on YouTube are fake.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

The video looked a little old, like it was filmed in the 80s. They were definetely a bunch of tools, with the poo surprise and the hitler mustache.

Last edited by Xidelt; 06-08-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REE1993 View Post
Not sure if this goes under Risk Management, because I am not sure if this is a joke. They look like a bunch of tools. They are Chi Delta Phis.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=90Opa9IOMtY

Hey this reminds me of what I did when I was a pledge........except with insane abuse and being ridden like a rodeo horse. Come to think of it...it's NOTHING like my pledge period at all!

This video is disgusting. How were they stupid enough to tape their crimes? The mustache guy was on the verge of crying. This was clearly hazing and very dispicable.
San Jose State University
Zeta Iota Chapter
Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 AM
GreekChat Member

bad apples ruin it for the rest of us... i can't believe this is on youtube. real or not.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Sickening.

With 43,728 views this is just going to confirm some peoples preconceived notions of what the Greek system is all about.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

i also saw a 190 pound man bench over "600" pounds on YouTube.

It's fake.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxstudent View Post
It does look old- I'm guessing '94 or '95.
Wow, I feel old. 94's my freshman year.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I think that you are probably right about it being in the early to mid 90s. I would actually say early vs. mid-90s.

I pledged an NPC at my first school (left school the last week of semester due to health and had to depledge), and every chapter at my first school had "hell week", vs. what is now often known as "inspiration week". I saw a great similarity in the hostility towards the pledges in the video, to how some chapters treated theirs during h-week. Some of it was downright humiliating.

Note: I later transferred schools (to be closer to my doctors), and pledged and initiated Gamma Sigma Sigma.

Many of the changes in pledge education (now called NM or MIT period) over the past decade are positive, since they proactively set limits on the potential for emotional and physical injury. But I do think that in general, across the board, the interpretation of some of the rules have been taken too far.

(This is my personal opinion and do not reflect those of my chapter or my national organization)

Old 06-15-2007, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REE1993 View Post
I think that you are probably right about it being in the early to mid 90s. I would actually say early vs. mid-90s.

I pledged an NPC at my first school (left school the last week of semester due to health and had to depledge), and every chapter at my first school had "hell week", vs. what is now often known as "inspiration week". I saw a great similarity in the hostility towards the pledges in the video, to how some chapters treated theirs during h-week. Some of it was downright humiliating.

Note: I later transferred schools (to be closer to my doctors), and pledged and initiated Gamma Sigma Sigma.

Many of the changes in pledge education (now called NM or MIT period) over the past decade are positive, since they proactively set limits on the potential for emotional and physical injury. But I do think that in general, across the board, the interpretation of some of the rules have been taken too far.

(This is my personal opinion and do not reflect those of my chapter or my national organization)
I like the last thing you said. I feel the definition of hazing has gone waaaaay too far, and it's absolutely a problem many chapters grapple with..."what's going too far." There are plenty of reasonable things that go on during pledging I'd have no problem telling my mother about which are considered "hazing" these days which gave me no physical or psychological trauma.
San Jose State University
Zeta Iota Chapter