GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,224
1 members and 2,223 guests
Low D Flat
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation PLEASE HELP!! Did i ruin my chance?

I have a quesion that any NPHC greek can hopefully answer...

I was once a part of a sorority that was under no council (neither NPC nor NPHC). The ladies in the sorority were very undedicated to our cause and purpose. I tried time after time to give ideas and put programs together, but no one cared. This was all very discouraging. There was also no type of sisterly bond.

Long story short, after much thought, I offically dropped my letters. I knew that I could not be involed with a group of people who had no drive or dedication to something they claim they believe in.

Now, I am really interested in XYZ soroity which falls under the NPHC unbrella. They always host programs, and do much community service. I also like that many of their programs deal with Christ. Do you think that I would be able to ever be in a BGLO after once being in a different sorority?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-20-2007, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

would it be wrong to assume you are interested in our esteemed organization?

in any case, generally the answer is NO but you're saying this sorority wasn't under any council (a local?)... i guess it's case by case. that doesnt mean i'm saying "yes, you still have a chance."

if anything, be upfront with the members of the organization you are seeking membership. of course your dedication will be questioned (ie, if you would drop your letters of one org, can we trust you to not do the same with us?) but you did give (what i think) are valid reasons.

again, case by case. good luck.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello searchingforhlp. The short answer to your question is YES! To my understanding (and I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong) you are NOT prohibited from joining a NPHC organization if you were NEVER a part of one before. True, as my soror stated above, some might question your loyality; but that within itself doesn't restrict you from applying for membership.

I say go for it ONLY if you are willing to make a life committment to that organization because once in that's it-- no turning around. Yes you can always disassociate yourself, but you can NEVER seek membership in a NPHC org again. So I STRONGLY advise you to DO YOUR RESEARCH and look at the organization as a whole (nationally) as well as your local chapter because this is a life long committment. You don't wanna look back one day with "woulda shouldas" because you've grown disenchanted with the sorority because it wasn't all you hoped. Only YOU know what's important to you in membership.

That's just my opinion for what it's worth. Hope that helps! Good luck.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with you rhapsody! btw, where have you been? It's been a while since you posted.

Yes, I would wonder about the loyalty, but like Soror tld said, "just be upfront".
Old 04-21-2007, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
I agree with you rhapsody! btw, where have you been? It's been a while since you posted.

Yes, I would wonder about the loyalty, but like Soror tld said, "just be upfront".
Hi BlueReign, it has been a while. Honestly I forgot I was on this until I got an email response to an OLD thread I was on! So I decided to drop by and see what's being talked about on here.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, isn't that a handy little GC thing, brings you back when you aren't even thinking about us. LOL. Welcome back!
Old 04-23-2007, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all for the responses!!!

Good news.... I was invited to an informational. Im kind of nervous but very excited!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingforhlp View Post
Thank you all for the responses!!!

Good news.... I was invited to an informational. Im kind of nervous but very excited!

Good luck to you. Remember to be you, be your best, and be descreet.
Closing this thread.