GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 2,640
1 members and 2,639 guests
Titchou

Old 01-15-2010, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Received a bid, but my gpa is too low.

I was disputing my grade and hoping to get in...

Last edited by lopaz; 01-20-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-15-2010, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

No. If they have a GPA minimum it's probably something that is set in stone. Plus if they really like you, they will be willing to wait until you get your GPA up. You are in college to get an education, not join a fraternity.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

no to which part? "Do i lose the bid automatically? or any way to work with this" thanks and i do understand im here for an education, but I want to be surrounded by the people with common interests as well.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to hijack, but isn't this something where you'd be better off asking the people who actually gave you the bid? If they'd hold off another semester?

Also, you'd have to have a really crappy GPA to not make minimum. Get to work and worry about your classes instead of your bid.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopaz View Post
I was disputing my grade and hoping for the best so i went for the rush. I received a bid from a really cool fraternity and they seem to like me a lot. But I just found out my dispute fell through and I don't have high enough gpa to join. Do i lose the bid automatically, any way to work with this?
Will you lose your bid? It depends.

Different fraternities - and different chapters within the same fraternity - have different rules about what may happen at this point. You need to speak with the brother that is in change of your pledge (new member) training/education (what ever your chapter might call it) to find out what your options are at this time.

But it will not matter is you do not get your grades up. So as others have said, do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherKD View Post
Also, you'd have to have a really crappy GPA to not make minimum. Get to work and worry about your classes instead of your bid.
For what it is worth, the chapter may have a very high minimum GPA requirement and he might have just barely missed the cutoff. Regardless, if he wants to join this chapter, he needs to bring his GPA up to the minimum.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

personally, if someone who we gave a bid to ended up falling below minimum GPA requirements I would recommend that we take back the bid. if you can't maintain the minimum GPA while not even being involved in fraternity events/pledging, your GPA might plummet while you pledge. too much of a risk for us and for you.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

One of our rushies fell below with his GPA and we told him he cannot join, but we will honor his bid in the Fall if he gets his GPA up b/c we really want him. We still let him come out to our events, though. It's a certain GPA for students to join, no exceptions.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopaz View Post
I was disputing my grade and hoping for the best so i went for the rush. I received a bid from a really cool fraternity and they seem to like me a lot. But I just found out my dispute fell through and I don't have high enough gpa to join. Do i lose the bid automatically, any way to work with this?
I'm in agreement with everyone's posts. Just work on improving your G.P.A. everything else will fall into place once you get your Grades to where it should be.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!