GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Omicron Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,797
1 members and 2,796 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 04-07-2011, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

- i would do the end points of the pi in rubies, the o in alternating rubies and pearls and the a in all rubies. i really wish that there were more badge options from herf jones

do you have any funny/weird story from when you went through recruitment on our side?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txAOII_15 View Post
- i would do the end points of the pi in rubies, the o in alternating rubies and pearls and the a in all rubies. i really wish that there were more badge options from herf jones

do you have any funny/weird story from when you went through recruitment on our side?
We were doing "Animal House" for skit day (yeah, I know, what were we thinking ) and had the entire chapter dressed in togas with a big prop house in the front of the room as the "AOII House." Half way through our second party, we were singing "AOII House" and doing our cheesy little dance when the prop house fell over right on top of three tables of PNMs! Everyone started screaming and laughing. Luckily the house wasn't very heavy. At least one of the PNMs ended up pledging us because she swears the house fell on her when I told this story recently on FB! We just picked up the house, acted like nothing happened and kept on singing!

Question: How many little sisters do you have?

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 04-08-2011, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
We were doing "Animal House" for skit day (yeah, I know, what were we thinking ) and had the entire chapter dressed in togas with a big prop house in the front of the room as the "AOII House." Half way through our second party, we were singing "AOII House" and doing our cheesy little dance when the prop house fell over right on top of three tables of PNMs! Everyone started screaming and laughing. Luckily the house wasn't very heavy. At least one of the PNMs ended up pledging us because she swears the house fell on her when I told this story recently on FB! We just picked up the house, acted like nothing happened and kept on singing!

Question: How many little sisters do you have?
I have 4 little sisters. I took 1 sophomore year, 1 junior year, and 2 senior year! Then 1 of my little sisters is my biological sister's big sister!

What's your favorite sisterhood event from as a collegian?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post
I have 4 little sisters. I took 1 sophomore year, 1 junior year, and 2 senior year! Then 1 of my little sisters is my biological sister's big sister!

What's your favorite sisterhood event from as a collegian?
the grab-a-dates at the movie theater. The college newspaper "The Post" has a section for personal ads, and it was habit to grab the paper on the way to class every day.

Anyway, the social chair would put in an ad that said something like "AOII grab a date- AOII and dates report to (insert location) at (insert time)". Anyway, these would sometimes be midnight screenings just for us at the movie theater. Your "date" could be anyone- male or female it didn't really matter (it was also a great informal rush thing). I had a good friend that got so used to being my "date" that he would call me whenever he saw the ad to see if I would take him.

My token "date" is now my oldest son's godfather.

What is your favorite memory from Homecoming as an AOII?

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 04-08-2011, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Greeks are not recognized by the campus administration so we can't really do much in terms of Homecoming, so I'm going to slightly switch my answer from Homecoming to "Orientation Week" - hope that's okay (if not someone else can answer the question )

Two years ago, a few AOIIs and I were Orientation leaders and the Saturday Orientation event is "Black and Gold Day" (our school colours), where we have a football game and fun times and whatnot. Anyway, all orientation leaders do a "Black and Gold Day" dance during the half-time show for all the first-year students. My favourite memory of this was doing the dance and everything, then rushing with the other AOIIs (there were four of us) back to one of our member's house because we had a recruitment workshop that day right after half-time.

So there we are, running into the house and we all have black and gold body/face paint on, and our CDNS at the time just looked at us and said "I'm sure there's a good reason you're sweaty and painted on". Makes me laugh every time I think about it

That was a long answer! Next question: What is your chapter's submotto and do you know any other chapters' submottos?
Old 04-09-2011, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarAOII View Post
Greeks are not recognized by the campus administration so we can't really do much in terms of Homecoming, so I'm going to slightly switch my answer from Homecoming to "Orientation Week" - hope that's okay (if not someone else can answer the question )

Two years ago, a few AOIIs and I were Orientation leaders and the Saturday Orientation event is "Black and Gold Day" (our school colours), where we have a football game and fun times and whatnot. Anyway, all orientation leaders do a "Black and Gold Day" dance during the half-time show for all the first-year students. My favourite memory of this was doing the dance and everything, then rushing with the other AOIIs (there were four of us) back to one of our member's house because we had a recruitment workshop that day right after half-time.

So there we are, running into the house and we all have black and gold body/face paint on, and our CDNS at the time just looked at us and said "I'm sure there's a good reason you're sweaty and painted on". Makes me laugh every time I think about it

That was a long answer! Next question: What is your chapter's submotto and do you know any other chapters' submottos?
Lambda Tau- Loyalty Together

I also know-

Theta Beta- True Bonds of Friendship
Rho Beta- Real Bonds of Friendship,,, see how they did that!
Tau Lambda- Trust and Loyalty
Alpha- we all know that one!
Pi- Pistis meaning Faith
Delta Kappa- Kalokagathia meaning Excellent/Beautiful

That's all I can come up with right now. I love submottos!

Oops...next question! Did your AOII family have any items that were passed down from generation to generation?

AOII

Last edited by AOII Angel; 04-09-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

- there is a bid day shirt from 2005 (the year we were colonized) thats made the rounds in my family. its really cute and no one wants to wear it so that the next time it gets passed down its still in mint condition.

what have you done with all of your letter shirts/paraphernalia now that you have graduated or what will you do with the items when you do graduate?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
- what have you done with all of your letter shirts/paraphernalia now that you have graduated or what will you do with the items when you do graduate?
I gave a few away to my little and grand-little at senior sendoff right before graduation. Those were mostly the block-letter shirts.

the date party tee shirts and sweatshirts I have in a blue rubbermade tote in the top of my closet. I can't bring myself to part with them. maybe someday I'll actually make one of those tee-shirt quilts with them. To continue the theme,

What does your favorite date party tee shirt look like?

Old 04-11-2011, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
I gave a few away to my little and grand-little at senior sendoff right before graduation. Those were mostly the block-letter shirts.

the date party tee shirts and sweatshirts I have in a blue rubbermade tote in the top of my closet. I can't bring myself to part with them. maybe someday I'll actually make one of those tee-shirt quilts with them. To continue the theme,

What does your favorite date party tee shirt look like?
As a past t-shirt chairman, my favorite t-shirt was one that I made. It said "just one night of crazy love...AOII Crush Party." Then it had these two people dancing. It was super cute and on a grey shirt. Then the t-shirt chairman after me made this awesome shirt. It said, "Sometimes saying you’re the best doesn't mean much unless you have the letters to back it up...A O II." It was on a bright blue shirt and the letters were big and had roses growing in them.

(I still have my shirts but I'm waiting to get a quilt made one of these days. I also passed down a bunch of shirts when I was chapter adviser to collegians to enjoy!)

If you had to transfer to a University with an AOII chapter, which one would you transfer to and affiliate with?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post

If you had to transfer to a University with an AOII chapter, which one would you transfer to and affiliate with?
- well, every winter without fail i miss tx, so i would want to transfer to the UTSA chapter. but only in the winter time, because other than the weather, i love the northeast!

what was your favorite date party/formal theme?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
- well, every winter without fail i miss tx, so i would want to transfer to the UTSA chapter. but only in the winter time, because other than the weather, i love the northeast!

what was your favorite date party/formal theme?
Blind Date Party. it was the first date party after rush (and before initiation) and bigs would set up their littles with a blind date. If you didn't have a big still at school, then a friend or housemate would usually do it (if you had a boyfriend they could be your date). The party was just dinner and dancing at a local bar so it was inexpensive enough that everyone could go. I know of at least one couple that met at blind date and stayed together for the rest of college.

What was your favorite philanthropy event?

Old 04-25-2011, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite philanthropy event was a Haunted House we would put on during Halloween. We would team with a fraternity and transform our entire house. The basement was an insane asylum, there was a guy with a chainsaw who would come roaring out of a stairway (chain removed, of course!), a haunted cemetery, and so much more. The up-side was the enormous amount of money we were able to donate. The downside was the inevitible damage that would occur to the house. I really don't think Corporation Services would be okay with this event today!

If you could name a chapter, what greek letters would it contain and what would they mean?
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRose View Post

If you could name a chapter, what greek letters would it contain and what would they mean?
Wow! That's hard.

AOII

Old 04-26-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Wow! That's hard.
Agreed. I'm not sure I could answer that, but will contribute that I always loved Alpha Beta Tau for having the first and only three letter chapter name.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
Agreed. I'm not sure I could answer that, but will contribute that I always loved Alpha Beta Tau for having the first and only three letter chapter name.
Agreed...I've always been intrigued about ABT.

AOII