GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,290
1 members and 2,289 guests
Sciencewoman

Old 08-17-2007, 12:56 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
Smile at the airport...or else!

Going to fly anywhere soon?

Specially trained security personnel” will be watching passengers for “micro-expressions” that will reveal treacherous agendas and insidious intentions at airports around the country. These agents, who may literally hold your fate in their hands have been given a lofty, Orwellian name: "Behavior Detection Officers."

continued...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20298840...eek/?gt1=10252
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-17-2007, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

That's like that episode of L&O:SVU where the guy pretends to be a psychic and rapes virgins that his wife kidnaps for him since she wasn't a virgin when they got married, although didn't have sex the whole time he was in jail for previous rapes. Yeah.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
That's like that episode of L&O:SVU where the guy pretends to be a psychic and rapes virgins that his wife kidnaps for him since she wasn't a virgin when they got married, although didn't have sex the whole time he was in jail for previous rapes. Yeah.
That episode was craaaazy! Martin Short is great at playing "the weird guy."
Old 08-17-2007, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSBX View Post
Going to fly anywhere soon?

Specially trained security personnel” will be watching passengers for “micro-expressions” that will reveal treacherous agendas and insidious intentions at airports around the country. These agents, who may literally hold your fate in their hands have been given a lofty, Orwellian name: "Behavior Detection Officers."

continued...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20298840...eek/?gt1=10252
Actually, micro-expressions are the most "pure" form (and, not coincidentally, the easiest to read) of nonverbal communication signals (and they are "hard science", whatever the douchebag journalist says).

Seriously, who the fuck writes these articles? How do people get paid to fear-monger and prey on the relative ignorance of the average person? It's sick, really.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:07 PM
GC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
Actually, micro-expressions are the most "pure" form (and, not coincidentally, the easiest to read) of nonverbal communication signals (and they are "hard science", whatever the douchebag journalist says).

Seriously, who the fuck writes these articles? How do people get paid to fear-monger and prey on the relative ignorance of the average person? It's sick, really.
you are right about being able to read people easiest in their faces. i just wonder, who doesnt go to the airport stressed? there are 100 different reasons you could have a mean/nasty/sad/etc look on your face that could be interpreted wrong. i personally dont like airplanes, so the look on my face would definately be panicked! i wonder if this would be better suited after someones name sends off a flag, or maybe if they were acting strange too...?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSBX View Post
you are right about being able to read people easiest in their faces. i just wonder, who doesnt go to the airport stressed? there are 100 different reasons you could have a mean/nasty/sad/etc look on your face that could be interpreted wrong. i personally dont like airplanes, so the look on my face would definately be panicked! i wonder if this would be better suited after someones name sends off a flag, or maybe if they were acting strange too...?
The whole premise is that these people are EXPERTS. They can (are supposed to be able to) tell the difference between mad/panic/fear of flying and criminal intent or other suspicious "moods".

And, they're not going to deny you entry to the plane, simply because they mistake your panic for malicious intentions. They'll probably just search you harder.

Last edited by AlphaFrog; 08-17-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Experts, LOL!

Wore Tennies shorts and polo shirt.

Make me take off my shoes.

Made a lady in a wheel chair get out and scanned her?

Coming back from Fl. Ended up in Cinn. Delta cancelled my flight twice.

Hell Yes!

I squacked and they had local Fuzz check me out. Hell I was clean and then ass wipe from Delta started giving me crap. Had me checked again. Told him if he ran an airline like this I would do my best to send bad vibes out to all that I knew about them and still do today!

Delta Sucks!!!!!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-17-2007, 04:35 PM
GC Member

my sisters and i have arabic names. every time one of us has to go thru that process, we send up 50 "have you ever pledged allegiance to al-qaeda?" flags, and end up sitting for hours . we couldnt be less arab lol, and i know if my sister gets pulled by one of the "behavior experts", the look on her face will be 100% rage and hate.

shes gonna have to start taking trains!
Old 08-17-2007, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Knee Jerk reactions and offs!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-21-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
That's like that episode of L&O:SVU where the guy....rapes virgins that his wife kidnaps for him since she wasn't a virgin when they got married.
That episode would have gotten its "inspiration" from Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka, serial killer husband and wife team, from Ontario, Canada -- "Paul was very annoyed that Karla was not a virgin when he met her. It was, therefore, from his point of view, her responsibility to make it possible for Paul to take the virginity of Karla's pretty younger sister Tammy without her knowledge or consent. "

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...o/index_1.html

Paul Bernardo started out as a serial rapist and soon moved on to murder. His wife, Karla Homolka helped him to kidnap, rape and murder their victims & she was a willing participant. Pretty much all Canadians have heard of these horrifying two.