GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,593
4 members and 1,589 guests
*winter*, speedsters

Old 02-23-2015, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

to depledge or not

So I am college freshman, and this semester is my second semeter in college. Well before coming to college, I was already intending to join a sorority without thinking about how much it would cost. i thought it would be just a couple dollars or something but it wasnt so i put that idea off till i get some money. So as i ffr came, i see a couple of people on my instagram feed that went through it and got a bid here and there and I wish i did it then (so i basically got jealous) So majority of the people on my timeline is this sorority, we'll call it sorority 1. i don't know but I told myself that i wanted to rush for sorority 1. throughout my first semester, i barely any more posts from the girls that picked sorority 1 but still, it was like love at first sight. Well one day my friend and i was approached by a girl and she was like oh you girls should come out to our (sorority 2) spring recruitment etc etc. and my friend suddenly got excited and was like we should go and see. well, we went to all the events and we both ended up getting a bid. i wasnt intending in joining anything this semster (because money...) but i was like i can try it for a couple of weeks and then drop before initiation, ya know and maybe i'll ease up to the sorority (because im still "in love" with sorority 1). And i do like the girls and we get along, but the thought that i wanted sorority 1 and i didn't even get the chance to get to know them is killing me even though something in my gut is telling me that i won't fit in with sorority 1. I am actually thinking about depledging and do it whenever i can again, not because i didn't like sorority 2 but because i am actually very much overwhelmed from schoolwork and im still getting a hang of the whole college thing. i just don't think its the right time for me, you know? BUT when I rush again (whenever) that is, i was thinking maybe ill just for my first love, im just scared that sorority 2 will think im a bitch or a traitor or soemthing and i don't want them to think of me as that kind of person. so help me, what do you think i should do? oh the money problem is still on the table btw. help me please, thanks!
Old 02-23-2015, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostgirl102 View Post
So I am college freshman, and this semester is my second semeter in college. Well before coming to college, I was already intending to join a sorority without thinking about how much it would cost. i thought it would be just a couple dollars or something but it wasnt so i put that idea off till i get some money. So as i ffr came, i see a couple of people on my instagram feed that went through it and got a bid here and there and I wish i did it then (so i basically got jealous) So majority of the people on my timeline is this sorority, we'll call it sorority 1. i don't know but I told myself that i wanted to rush for sorority 1. throughout my first semester, i barely any more posts from the girls that picked sorority 1 but still, it was like love at first sight. Well one day my friend and i was approached by a girl and she was like oh you girls should come out to our (sorority 2) spring recruitment etc etc. and my friend suddenly got excited and was like we should go and see. well, we went to all the events and we both ended up getting a bid. i wasnt intending in joining anything this semster (because money...) but i was like i can try it for a couple of weeks and then drop before initiation, ya know and maybe i'll ease up to the sorority (because im still "in love" with sorority 1). And i do like the girls and we get along, but the thought that i wanted sorority 1 and i didn't even get the chance to get to know them is killing me even though something in my gut is telling me that i won't fit in with sorority 1. I am actually thinking about depledging and do it whenever i can again, not because i didn't like sorority 2 but because i am actually very much overwhelmed from schoolwork and im still getting a hang of the whole college thing. i just don't think its the right time for me, you know? BUT when I rush again (whenever) that is, i was thinking maybe ill just for my first love, im just scared that sorority 2 will think im a bitch or a traitor or soemthing and i don't want them to think of me as that kind of person. so help me, what do you think i should do? oh the money problem is still on the table btw. help me please, thanks!
tl/dr

just depledge. There you go!
Old 02-23-2015, 08:53 PM

If you can't afford it, you need to depledge.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

You're not really "in to" this so I suggest you resign your pledgeship.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
tl/dr

just depledge. There you go!
This is now going to be my default response to any depledging/dropping out question.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow. Was that supposed to be english?
Old 02-23-2015, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
This is now going to be my default response to any depledging/dropping out question.
It's Lent. I'm terse, because I have once again given up being annoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills View Post
Wow. Was that supposed to be english?
Magic 8 ball says: very doubtful.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorority 2 does not need an uninterested, overwhelmed, obsessed-with-another-sorority sister who has financial issues and a minimal grasp of grammar. Depledge.

Last edited by Katmandu; 02-24-2015 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
Sorority 2 does not need an uninterested, overwhelmed, obsessed-with-another-sorority sister who has financial issues and a minimal grasp of grammar. Depledge.
Love this response!
Old 02-24-2015, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostgirl102 View Post
i wasnt intending in joining anything this semster (because money...) but i was like i can try it for a couple of weeks and then drop before initiation, ya know and maybe i'll ease up to the sorority (because im still "in love" with sorority 1).
How about putting it in these terms... Cool Guy is in love with Polly Perfect. He is like obsessed with her, but she ain't about to give him the time of day. So like then he sees Wanda Willing, who has a hella crush on him. Cool Guy has no intention of doing anything but playing with Wanda Willing, but he might as well have some fun with her for a few weeks and then just kick her to the curb and he can always try with Polly Perfect again.

You feelin' it now?
Old 02-24-2015, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Wish there was a "like" button...
Old 02-24-2015, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

How can I be annoyed, when my Panhellenic sisters have such wit and razor-sharp insight, not to mention excellent writing skills? I am once again in awe of all of you.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:45 AM

We need a Haiku and a sheet cake to make this complete.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:53 AM

Blah blah blah blah blah
Instagram blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah blah Blah
Old 02-24-2015, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Couldn't decide which cake I liked better: