GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,408
1 members and 2,407 guests
LaneSig

Old 12-29-2014, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
Wait, Low D is an expert on the SEC and even schools in Connecticut from what I recall. The Big Ten too? Damn!
So what's next? UT and SMU?
Old 12-29-2014, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Asking a question and agreeing that people came up with good examples in response means I'm presenting myself as an expert. Got it. I'll watch that in the future.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low D Flat View Post
Asking a question and agreeing that people came up with good examples in response means I'm presenting myself as an expert. Got it. I'll watch that in the future.
Bless your heart....
Old 12-30-2014, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
From your lips to God's ear....
Old 12-30-2014, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No, that is not what you did here. Way off base trying to connect those dots to make yourself right.

And now it is firmly established that you are going to have the last word, regardless of whether you are "right" or not. Personally, I absolutely insist on being happy, so I'm going to let you have your way.

You are not in an NPC GLO, as you yourself have stated, and it really is NOT helpful to PNMs or anyone else when you spout off. That, however, has not deterred you.

I don't think I could be any more blunt, but I do have a sledgehammer and a steam shovel in the back forty I can go get if this message doesn't get through to you. I'm not holding my breath *shrug*

Now, back to the topic of Indiana recruitment.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Well, since I graduated not once but twice from a non-elite school in the Big Ten that explains why I can't be bothered to read a post from the previous page.

On another note, why does everyone have the impression that IU is so freakin' easy to get into? As someone who helps students apply for colleges, it is in the top half of the Big Ten as far as admissions standards. There are quite a few schools in the Big Ten which are much easier to get into than IU and don't have some of the top business and music schools in the country. And the Big Ten is known as an academic conference. So being in the top half of it, sounds pretty good.
For the record, I would never think IU is an easy school to get into. I don't feel that way about any of the Big Ten schools. Did I miss something because, who calls IU non-elite? Nevermind, I saw LFD do it. Last time I checked, IU was rated by Greene's Guide as a public ivy. Just ignore people who say otherwise. Low Flat D, for someone who isn't Greek, you sure have found a way to come on GC and offend those of us who have graduated from schools in the Big Ten and those of us who actually ARE Greek. Please refrain from giving your opinion about something you nothing. I'm just thankful I never had to go through recruitment at IU because I don't know if I would have made it.

Last edited by als463; 12-30-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Numbers

So the numbers weren't as bad as I expected but I'm still nervous for rush. Apparently there are 1965 before grade cuts. (sadly my best friend is one of those that didn't make the GPA). A girl in one of my classes that's in a chapter said that all of the chapters are required to take PCs of at least 50 girls which would make a min of 1,100 spots. Is there any truth to this?
Old 12-30-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooosier View Post
So the numbers weren't as bad as I expected but I'm still nervous for rush. Apparently there are 1965 before grade cuts. (sadly my best friend is one of those that didn't make the GPA). A girl in one of my classes that's in a chapter said that all of the chapters are required to take PCs of at least 50 girls which would make a min of 1,100 spots. Is there any truth to this?
A chapter cannot be "required" (I assume you mean by the school) to take a pledge class of a specific size, or for that matter, a pledge class at all. It goes directly against freedom of association laws.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooosier View Post
Hoosier, congratulations! You completed the first hurdle--grades. Sorry to hear about your friend. It may be difficult for her to see the other girls wearing their new letters after bid day. Hopefully, she has strong network of friends.

As 33 stated above Panhellenic cannot "require" anything unless it has been proposed, discussed, voted on and passed by a majority of the chapters. However, I did hear via the alumnae grapevine that chapters were encouraged to offer at least 50 bids. Some chapters did agree to this, and some did not. I have heard first hand that there are at least two chapters who will not be offering bids to 50 women. However, there are chapters who will bid more than 50 for various reasons. Don't worry so much about the numbers, concentrate more on where you feel comfortable and where YOU fit in. Make your own decisions.

While you're in the chapter houses, look around at the girls who are not recruiting. Are they engaged with the sisters they are standing next to? Are they sitting alone or with a group? Do the chapter women know enough about their chapter to direct you to a member with your same major or from you area? These are little things that can illustrate how close a chapter may or may not be.

Best wishes to you Hoosier. There are 22 great chapters at IU, you can't go wrong.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you. I wasn't sure if she knew what she was talking about or not because my Rho Gam said the same thing. I have less than a 3.0 so I'm really nervous about recruitment but I am open to any houses that will take me. I do have lots of involvement and I'm happy to join any house regardless of tier.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
How about regardless if they have a house hooosier?
Old 12-31-2014, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm actually friends with girls in an Unhoused sorority from one of my extra curriculars, that chose to rush Unhoused sororities only,because they didn't want to live with a bunch of girls. So I've been keeping an open mind about that. Because there are pros and cons to being unhoused. I think a house would be nice but I'd rather have a sisterhood over anything.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:47 PM

You cannot "choose to rush unhoused sororities only" in formal rush. All the NPC sororities regardless of their housing situation participate in formal rush together. If you can't afford or don't desire to live in a house you should not go through formal rush, as the housed groups do outnumber the unhoused ones. If the girl you mentioned joined her group through open bidding, that's a totally different matter.

Not saying this to you per se, just clearing things up for any other IU rushees who may be reading the thread.

Last edited by 33girl; 12-31-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry I meant to say colonized. They chose to be apart of colonization to avoid formal recruitment and living in a house because they wanted the greek experience without living in a house full of girls.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry I meant to say colonized. They chose to be apart of colonization to avoid formal recruitment and living in a house because they wanted the greek experience without living in a house full of girls.