GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,425
1 members and 1,424 guests
Titchou

Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

When was the last time you attended an initiation?

I was scrolling through Tri Delta Pinterest pins and saw some initiation pics. I was trying to think of the last time I attended an initiation. Probably Convention in 1994 (?).

That's too long.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

November, 2011 at the re-installation of my chapter.
But when I attended one as a regional officer, it had been 8 or so years, and before that, it had been about 18 or so years. I couldn't believe how much I had forgotten!

Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to one in 2010 I think? It's difficult now just because of how far away I am from any chapter. Before that I made it to 10 in 4 years for 4 different chapters.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Gamma Delta's installation at South Carolina last year.

If my back cooperates, I will try to go to AGD - Ga. Tech's spring Initiation tomorrow night, but right now looking iffy
Old 03-05-2013, 06:54 PM

This is terrible, but the last initiation I went to was in 1988 when we installed Duquesne University's chapter. I was honored to be part of the initiation team but doing the ritual with National Officers in the room was a little intimidating!

I would so love to go to another one some day, though.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:33 PM

November 2011, I think? I know it was fall 2011 for sure.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to an initiation in November (and met a Greekchatter there! But I didn't know it at the time). We had an alumna initiate whose daughter and two granddaughters are all Delta Gammas. She's already become one of our most active members-a model for all the other initiates to see that membership really is for life!

I enjoyed attending. I wish more collegiate chapters would be more proactive about inviting local alumnae. It makes the ceremony much more special for all. My college chapter usually had a large number of alumnae attend due to the number of legacies and family friends who recommended new members.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Fall 2011 for sure, but the Regional Convention I went to last spring had a Ritual Exemplification. I also participated in an Alumni Ceremony afterwards
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Last summer at Convention and before that in November, 2011 when my chapter was re-installed...and before that - no idea!a
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
January 2012 when I attended the re-installation of my chapter at Western Ky. University. Was proud to be part of the installation team.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I was honored to attend the initiation of my daughter this past November, it was so special to see her become a sister and a daughter to me! What made it even more memorable was that the National President of Theta Phi Alpha conducted the ritual! I only hope my younger daughter will get to experience something so spectacular in a few years!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

November 2012. It was an all day deal due to the size of the Ole Miss New Member classes. Saw lots of Alumnae come for their Legacy or Recomendee. (Is the latter a word?)
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Re-instillation of my chapter (Gamma Chi - TX State) - November 2012. SO WONDERFUL!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
1999, when I went to my chapter's 70th anniversary celebration. (It coincided with initiation - we had initiation during the day and the anniversary banquet that evening) It's too bad it didn't work out that way for the 80th anniversary celebration, which I also attended.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Alpha Gam Initiation.....it's been a loooong time. I was supposed go to the USC installation but details didn't jive with grad school.

SAI College Initiation....2012 Convention over the summer. My alumnae chapter just initiated a Patroness member in January, so I attended that. College Initiation Ceremony =/= Patroness Initiation Ceremony.