GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,082
3 members and 1,079 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, indygphib

Old 06-10-2023, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

This wedding is crazy Lmao. We were all in a Hum Vee limo. The driver stopped at the liquor store and we had to roll the windows down because the air conditioner quit.

I’m at the reception now taking a breath of fresh air break. This is a big one. My girl told me there’s no way they spent less than 20 grand on this wedding. She said 20 grand is a minimum. They live in an apartment. I’d have put all that money as a down payment on a house and furniture. Over 20 grand for one day to feel like Cinderella? That’s crazy! With that kind of money spent, I hope they make it Lol. Another glo wedding. My friend is an SAE and his wife is an Alpha Phi.

The chauffeur randomly stopping at the liquor store though? Wtf Lmao!

ETA: wildest wedding I’ve been in and to. Now I’ve got Bob Segar Mainsteet on my mind. They were blasting it on repeat in a hot ass limo with the windows down. And I’m buzzed as hell Lol

Last edited by Phrozen Sands; 06-10-2023 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Interesting how a lot of focus rest on the wedding but little attention is given to the marriage itself with most couples I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
You are so right, Phrozen Sands! Too many people focus on the par-tay of the wedding, and don't work on the marriage itself. Granted, I wish our wedding had been a bit more, well, interesting, but the marriage itself has been meaningful!

May you all be fulfilled in your marriages, as opposed to throwing an amazing wedding!
Yep, I agree. I just see it as the wedding being the public declaration of your commitment to each other for the rest of your lives, but the marriage IS that commitment and requires much more effort than all the wedding planning could ever do.

Some couples will say the vows but won’t adhere to them because they’re just words to those couples. In my opinion, they aren’t just words — they’re guidelines to shape the relationship over the years.

Just my two cents though.

And I went back a few pages and read a few posts and laughed like it was just yesterday lol.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Yep, I agree. I just see it as the wedding being the public declaration of your commitment to each other for the rest of your lives, but the marriage IS that commitment and requires much more effort than all the wedding planning could ever do.

Some couples will say the vows but won’t adhere to them because they’re just words to those couples. In my opinion, they aren’t just words — they’re guidelines to shape the relationship over the years.

Just my two cents though.

And I went back a few pages and read a few posts and laughed like it was just yesterday lol.
THIS 💯💯💯

Yeah, there was some clowning on this thread back then Lol!