GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,412
3 members and 2,409 guests
MSKKG, navane

Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Early NPC women who were doctors 1867-1902 - history post

What follows below are pages 155-163, "Fraternity Women in Medicine," from my dissertation, Coeducation and the History of Women's Fraternities 1867-1902. I completed it in 2002 and I can't remember why I wrote this chapter. I apologize for the drollness of it. It reads like the pages that accompany a prescription and the APA style intrudes on the ease of reading. Consider it a sleeping aid as well. I bet it can put people to sleep in about three and a half minutes.

However, these women were not slackers and their determination and steadfastness of purpose impresses and floors me and I thought some of you might enjoy it, especially if some of these women share your bonds. Please note that I limited the dissertation to the seven founding NPC groups - Pi Beta Phi, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Delta Gamma, Alpha Phi, Gamma Phi Beta and Delta Delta Delta - and ended with the year 1902, so the only members I mentioned were those who were initiated into these seven groups prior to 1902.

It would also be a good resource for someone wanting to do a study about some of these women. When I wrote this more than 10 years ago, the resources available on the web weren't what they are today. I suspect some of these women would come up in google searches and some terrific information could be found.

I also did one on NPC women who were dentists (including a Tri Delta Grand President) but I will not bore you with it.

The formatting is also a bit odd and that's why I hesitate to copy and paste the text here.

http://wp.me/p20I1i-tF

Last edited by nyapbp; 11-18-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )