GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,778
0 members and 1,778 guests
No Members online

Old 05-05-2004, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Senior Send-off

Hi Ladies
Do you ladies do senior send-off at your chapter???

At our chapter we do "senior aloha" and we dress all hawaiian and seniors read their "senior wills" and stuff, theres lots of yummy food etc.

oh yeah...do you usually get shirts/ letters for seniors????

that's it from me!!!

IM SOO HAPPY CUZ....FORMAL IS IN 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
We definitely do senior send-off! It was always one of my most favorite times in my chapter. Not to say that I wanted girls to leave; but it's such a sisterhood experience. As a senior though, I did appreciate it as a means of unloading DG stuff that I had 'collected' or been 'willed' over the years. I think I only kept about 5 shirts (out of about 35-40!)--one of which just went to my secret sis . We just have the seniors come up one by one and they speak about their time in the chapter and who they're giving stuff to and why. Some of us had TONS of stuff; others just a little. One of my sisters, Erin, who everyone loved (and who had been Prez) literally brought a trunk plus a huge plastic box full of stuff! It took her at least a 1/2 hour to unload!
We have each senior's 'little'--or another member of their family or someone they were close to in the event that a big has another senior as a little or if the big's little was no longer in the chapter or abroad--make them a special box. Usually it has their name on it and it's decorated. All of the younger members (all girls who aren't seniors) write letters to the seniors and put them in their boxes at senior send-off--so even the seniors have something to take home! I still have my box and read through the letters once in a while. Although I'm back as a grad student on my old campus (and still see some of my favorite sisters), the year I spent in Boston the letters helped me through some not so fun moments.
Okay...long enough response...senior send-off just gets me sentimental...*tear*
Old 05-06-2004, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ncsudgbeff
i was actually really disappointed with the way the seniors were treated this year. i am a senior and we had a senior cocktail, but there was nothing significant about it and we got nothing. nobody told us to do senior wills...i don't even know what senior wills are. i had a horrible time and that's really sad because that was my last time with the chapter. plus, it was a cocktail and boys were there. i think that totally ruined the night because i wanted us all to bond as sisters, not with our dates. we have a brunch with the alum this saturday so i'm hoping it will be good. we haven't even been installed as alum and we are done with chapter. i'm sorry to make this post sound so negative, but i was really left with a sour taste in my mouth about my chapter. i love them dearly, but the seniors did give the chapter a very nice gift that was badly needed (a stereo system) and we got nothing. please help me feel better about this because i don't want to leave with a bad feeling.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:41 AM
GreekChat Member

oh those letter thingies are cute...im tell my lil sis whos on CMT to bring it up as a suggestion for our Senior Aloha!!! HAHAHHAAH
(I have 4 lil sis'!!!!!)

I wanna get spoiled!!! We do Senior Secret sis' too!!! I just cant wait...its better be great HAHHAHA!!!!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ncsudgbeff
[B]i was actually really disappointed with the way the seniors were treated this year. i am a senior and we had a senior cocktail, but there was nothing significant about it and we got nothing. nobody told us to do senior wills...i don't even know what senior wills are. i had a horrible time

What a shame! But since your chapter is so new, there probably hasn't been a lot of thought given to this special time. Turn it into a positive! Have a talk with your president and ATC and recommend some fun things to do next year. If you're going to be in the area, maybe you could volunteer as an alum to help set that up.
One way or another - welcome to the rest of your life as a Delta Gamma! You will be astonished by how your bonds will deepen and strengthen through the years.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ncsudgbeff
is there some kind of survey that seniors can fill out to let the officers know what we think or ways we think that the chapter can improve on? last semester we had a few girls graduate and they received very nice gifts, so i was kind of shocked when we didn't get anything. oh well, i am looking forward to being an alum.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GeorginaDG63
for our senior installation this year...we did the candle ceremony first for us to become official DG Alumnae. then, we sat in front of the chapter facing them...and one by one stood up, presented our artifacts that we had made when we were new members, then we presented our scrapbook page to insert into the chapter scrapbook, then we read our senior wills. once all the seniors were done presenting, we were serenaded by two sisters who sang "It feels like home". and then there was the senior video that we watched which had sappy songs and baby pictures of us and then pictures over the past four years. we also had cake...yummy! it was by far the best senior installation we have ever done...and im not bein bias because i was a senior! i literally bawled my eyes out for four hours during the installation!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

The chapter I advise has the seniors' littles make them each a scrapbook, plus they get a decorated paddle at their senior brunch. (Littles get a wood anchor from their big after they are initiated.)

The scrapbooks are an expensive and time-consuming endeavor. There are some seniors who start giving their littles pictures and boxes of random stuff for inclusion at the beginning of the year.

They also have a senior week during the last month of the year which includes a dinner to honor the seniors and gives the seniors a chance to will their crap, I mean precious stuff to underclasswomen. Seriously these women give out everything from ratty tshirts to street signs and traffic cones.

This year, at the chapter meeting during senior week, they added a "senior candlepass". This gave all the chapter members an opportunity to thank the seniors who welcomed them into DG and the seniors a chance to bid the chapter farewell. Great idea, but it will be much tougher with 20+ seniors than the 6 they had this year! Senior brunch with the scrapbooks and paddles ends the week.

Senior installation is done the day before graduation with the alumnae chapter officers and the seniors' families.