GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Delta Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 653
0 members and 653 guests
No Members online

Old 08-21-2005, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Big Sis/Lil Sis...

Hey y'all
I'm the sponsor chair of our chapter at LSU. We just pledged 65 (quota) great girls yesterday! As you may know, this means Big Sis-Lil Sis is right around the corner! In the past, the Big Sis revealation party was a costume party- the Big gives the Lil a costume to match hers and they find each other. Well, now-a-days this is considered hazing. I'm trying to think of a way to reveal the big sis's that will not make anybody uncomfortable, and was wondering how other chapters do it. I'd love any suggestions of creative ways to reveal all the new member's Bigs.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2005, 08:47 PM

We used to play "Guess Who?" with the chapter. It really only works if there is a large amout of girls who are there, because if not it just isn't fun. You also need another girl who knows who everyone has a lil/big combo.

IE: I'm a new memeber. All the sisters stand up. I ask, "Is my big sister a blonde?"
The sister (usually the Sponsor Chair) would say "All those with blonde hair please sit down" if my big had brown hair. With everyone left, I would look and say "Does my big have her letters on today?" If my big had letters on, the Sponsor chair would say "All those without letters, please sit down."

Makes sense, no?
Old 06-17-2006, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SUTriD86
We've done some awesome things with our chapter. Last semester, I found out who my big was when we all went out to dinner and the new members got fortune cookies... when I opened it up, it said "Your future shows good times with your big sis, [name here]." The year before that, they did the "car matchup," by giving all the littles a set of keys and parking all the bigs' cars (or borrowed cars for those who didn't have them) in the same area and letting the little's run around until they could unlock the right door. That obviously works best for smaller pledge classes, unless you can find a huge, available, parking lot.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ilddd3
We sent notes for the 2 weeks before hand and reveal was during the sponsor ceremony. I guess it is not as exciting, but it could be lot of fun leaving little notes for your little.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

In my chapter (well, I'm transferring schools and changing chapters in September but...anyway...) each of the bigs decorated candles with their littles names on them. We arrived a few minutes before the littles and left the candles on one table and gifts on another. Then we went outside and made a circle and waited for our littles to come. The littles arrived and got their candles inside. Then one at a time they came out and had their candles lit. They each slowly walked around the circle until their big blew out their candle. After everybody had had their big revealed to them we all met back up inside to give the littles gifts and celebrate with cake. This was my chapter's 1st reveal since we're the newest chapter and it worked really well for us :-)
Old 07-27-2006, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chelly
I am the Sponsor Chair as well! BEST POSITION EVER! Anyway, we are going to be doing the "guess who" thing this year for the first time. It sounds SO cute! I hope everyone likes it!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Stringing

I know this is a long overdue reply but Im sure that it might be useful to someone else if you've already solved your problem. At my house we do what is called stringing and its a ton of fun.

The new members are each given a baby bottle decorated with their names on it full of their favorite candy (we give a survey to them on bid day) attached to a peice of yarn. The reason we give baby bottles is because in our house we called big sis little sis Mom-Dot(Daughter). The string is then wrapped around the house, through banisters around funiture and then ends up tied on the bedroom door of the Mom. Its alot of fun to do and also to set up, you just have to be careful not to wrap around anything that might be breakable - we've lost a few lamps that way.

DLAM
Old 04-25-2007, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinChicaDDD View Post
We used to play "Guess Who?" with the chapter. It really only works if there is a large amout of girls who are there, because if not it just isn't fun. You also need another girl who knows who everyone has a lil/big combo.

IE: I'm a new memeber. All the sisters stand up. I ask, "Is my big sister a blonde?"
The sister (usually the Sponsor Chair) would say "All those with blonde hair please sit down" if my big had brown hair. With everyone left, I would look and say "Does my big have her letters on today?" If my big had letters on, the Sponsor chair would say "All those without letters, please sit down."

Makes sense, no?

I love this idea, but I am not quite sure how it works....We usually take over 30 new girls, so we would try to play the game for each girl to find their big? Or is there a way that they can all play at once and still each find their big?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSigBN05 View Post
I love this idea, but I am not quite sure how it works....We usually take over 30 new girls, so we would try to play the game for each girl to find their big? Or is there a way that they can all play at once and still each find their big?
BUMP so hopefully someone will answer this question!!
Old 05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Crashing, but whatever:

Yes, you'd play for each girl. The idea is that you have more actives than big sisters so there's still a decent number of people in the mix when you get down to the last few girls. If you tend to take close to your size in NMs each year this strategy may not work for you.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Each girl plays individually. I wouldn't suggest it if you are taking a class of over 10 girls. It can become long and drawn out.