GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,618
0 members and 1,618 guests
No Members online

Old 07-16-2012, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe the OP's story, and I don't think she had to have necessarily done anything to her roommate to cause her to write such a letter. C'mon, we all know how easy it is to no-rec a girl (some women on this very board have claimed to have done it) to our own sorority. All it takes is one no-rec and a girl (or girls) with loose lips to completely damage a PNM's reputation...especially for something as fragile as recruitment. Some girls are just mean, stuck-up little biotches who decide they don't like someone based on a very shallow reason, such as appearance. She didn't need to write a letter to all of the chapters - she only had to tell someone, or one of her friends who knew about the letter told someone, for it to get around to all of the sororities. When you're trying to sort through all the women going through recruitment, you're really going to give the benefit of the doubt to a PNM? Right. It's unfortunate for the OP that she ran across this vindictive girl.

I do have to say, though, that I think it's odd the OP would get any encouragement from DZ (I consider an invite back in successive rounds of recruitment to be encouraging in this case) if that's the one chapter the mean girl is a member of, and the source of the tension. OP, is it possible you were released by the other chapters because they sensed that you didn't want them? A LOT of women do that during recruitment, and it makes absolutely no sense...you want EVERY chapter to want you regardless of whether you want them back, and you should never be a sourpuss at a party because it's not your favorite.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I'm aware of a similar situation where all the other chapters had cut one young lady except the chapter I was assisting. Other groups were shocked she was still on anybody's list and the Panhellenic President called our president to say "Do you know that _____ is heavily into drugs and everybody else has dropped her because she's out of control?" The women in the chapter did do a little more research, found it to be true and dropped her from their next invite list. They were grateful for the heads up. That's the type of behavior I could see leading to a "letter" that would result in something like that.
If a chapter has done some research then I can understand listening to a letter. But it is a little scary to me that some of these chapters would just listen to the word of some random girl and base a decision on just what someone said..
Old 07-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Yep. Something's not adding up.