GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,859
1 members and 1,858 guests
Titchou

Old 03-12-2001, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Pre-Law
I was BioChem with a minor in Physics, but realized that I wasn't that interested in it... so I have all but had to start over...
The only saving grace is that all my GE's are still valid
Old 03-13-2001, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Political Science/Pre-Law... and bucutie02.. are you a fellow Baylor bear?
Old 03-13-2001, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Quote:
Originally posted by Taykimson:
BS Chemical Engineering

Awesome, a fellow ChE! Where'd you go through the torture, Taykimson?

------------------

@-->---
Pure as Silver, and True Blue!
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
Old 03-13-2001, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

sweetest diva... i did go there my freshman year but this past fall i transferred to UH. I saw on your profile you either are from waco or go to school there. If you do go to baylor, do you like it there???
Old 03-13-2001, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, this isn't related this thread but...
bucutie-- about you wedding book comment... did you see the episode of Friends where Monica and Chandler announce their engagement and she brings out these huge books full of wedding plans she has been making since childhood? Well, I am a dork and I actually have one of those! I'll probably never end up getting married until I'm 40 (my significant other has serious problems just saying the word marriage) but at least all I have to do is refer to my "binder" when the time comes!
Ok, not that everyone knows what a dork I am, I'm just gonna get outta this thread.....
Old 03-13-2001, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Business Admin! How general is that? I want to go to grad school soon for Business. You know on us news and world report, they say if your graduate from a top business school, you can start out making $90,000-100,000, plus a signing bonus of like $20,000!

Okay, that's not the only reason I like it...it has to be more than money right? But, I do love all the strategy and stuff...so the money doesn't hurt!
Old 03-13-2001, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

hey txtechchio.... yeah ive seen that show, it was really funny- but in a way i am like monica at times. I mean, she is a very far extent from me.... but there are a few things that i do too!!! just like her... i love weddings and babies...and everything that has to do with weddings and babies (hehe, i think chandler said that once )
Old 03-13-2001, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperXO:
You know on us news and world report, they say if your graduate from a top business school, you can start out making $90,000-100,000, plus a signing bonus of like $20,000!
That would be great, if you can get into one of the best business schools like Kellogg or Wharton. Not everyone can get into those schools though. Nor is it always feasible geographically, if you have to work and go to school (or even raise a family) at the same time.

With the school I go to now, I know I won't be making $90,000 as a starting salary. But it will be significantly more than what I was making before, and that (along with the great feeling of having earned my MBA) will be good enough for me.
Old 03-14-2001, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Alumnus who cares:
That would be great, if you can get into one of the best business schools like Kellogg or Wharton. Not everyone can get into those schools though. Nor is it always feasible geographically, if you have to work and go to school (or even raise a family) at the same time.

With the school I go to now, I know I won't be making $90,000 as a starting salary. But it will be significantly more than what I was making before, and that (along with the great feeling of having earned my MBA) will be good enough for me.
You're right, Alum, the most important part to me is having the degree and getting into the type of positions and projects that I love sinking my teeth into. But, I am also going to try to get into those schools because I might as well, right? We'll see. I ahd a really, really good undergrad GPA from a very good school, so I am hoping if I can pull off the GMAT, too...

also, I really want to go to school full-time, so I may be able to move, but you bring up a good point about the family part. I currently have a boyfriend in NorCal that is not happy about the thought of me going anywhere but near there. So, I could do Berkeley or Stanford, which are no slouches! But, I kinda want to go experience other parts of the world. I really want to look at Columbia and MIT and Duke and Penn. Geez! That's about my life story...sorry to go off so long, but it is interesting to see someone who is wrestling with some of the same issues. Where do you go to B-school if you don't mind and how is it going? I would love to hear about your experiences and any recommendations you have for me!
Old 03-14-2001, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I myself am thinking about taking some graduate extended studies in Information Technology at George Mason University. Although, I might have to take some undergrad classes in order to take the extended studies grad classes. I'm thinking that if I worked into getting into a grad program with Information Technology it would help me get a nicer IT job.

Kevin