GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,382
3 members and 2,379 guests
indygphib, PGD-GRAD

Old 03-28-2000, 04:37 PM
Skulls

Thumbs up Secret Society and GLOs

I was going over my fraternity constitution and beside not being allowed to join other national fraternities, it also specifically banned membership in an organization called Theta Nu Epsilon. I decided to do some snooping around and found out that TNE is also known as Skulls and Keys, The MAchine, etc. I also talk to other friends of mine, and their constitution also forbid the membership in TNE. Just wondering why. Also I would like to know if anybody ever herd of them. They sound very secretive.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-28-2000, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Perhaps they have something to do with that new movie coming out called "Skulls?" I dont know, just a thought!
Old 03-28-2000, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Question

From what I've read, "The Skulls" movie is based (i would imagine pretty loosely) on a secret society that did exist (and may still). I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 were someway related.

And I'm not aware of anything like that in my fraternity's constitution, FYI... although probably because it started as a women's fraternuty.

------------------
Phi Beta Fraternity
Old 03-28-2000, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Theta Nu Epsilon is still an underground society found on many campuses. Do a web search for them and you'll turn up all kinds of links.

Barb
Old 03-29-2000, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

As Barbara suggested I did a web search and found the Theta Nu Epsilon homepage. I didn't really look at it, but there is a picture of a skull there.

http://www.tne.org

I hope this helps!
Allison

------------------
A mistake at least proves that somebody stopped talking long enough to do something. ~ Anonymous
Old 03-29-2000, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Barbara:

What do you know about Theta Nu Epsilon? This is the first I had ever heard of them! I checked out their website and read throught their survey. Some of the questions they asked made me question their purpose. I was shocked to find on their chapter list that there had once been a chapter at Ball State, my alma matter. Their website sure appeared to give disclosure without disclosing much. Any thoughts?

[This message has been edited by BSUPhiSig'92 (edited March 29, 2000).]
Old 03-30-2000, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
PhiSig..

I don't know much more than what I've seen on the TNE.ORG site and other chapter sites. Seems like an underground organization that tries to "run things" from behind the scenes.

Sorry I couldn't help more...maybe drop a note to the NIC and check it out? Or try a copy of Baird's Manual of American Fraternities and see what it says.

B.