GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 313,630
Threads: 115,401
Welcome to our newest member, olgaufranes1730

Old 09-26-2006, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Why are ya'll listing stuff like this? It's not interesting! Who cares if you saw a bag or something? Don't ya'll see them all the time? Every monday I see about 400 girls wearing their letters, because it's letter day at the UofA. I'm not going to list every mention of me seeing these girls. Then when I'm on the road, 1 of every 5 SUV's has some sorority on the liscense plate holder. So what?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

From today's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

Annie O'Neill, Post-Gazette
"SAFETY FIRST
Rebecca Shaffer, of Sigma Kappa, enters a Duquesne University ballroom through a metal detector to celebrate "Sorority Bid Night." More than 200 sorority members were welcomed into their respective sororities last night. This was the first night the university used metal detectors after five basketball team members were shot after a dance on campus last week."
Old 09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a car with a license plate frame of "Groove Phi Groove" this morning
Old 09-26-2006, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
From today's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

Annie O'Neill, Post-Gazette
"SAFETY FIRST
Rebecca Shaffer, of Sigma Kappa, enters a Duquesne University ballroom through a metal detector to celebrate "Sorority Bid Night." More than 200 sorority members were welcomed into their respective sororities last night. This was the first night the university used metal detectors after five basketball team members were shot after a dance on campus last week."
Metal detectors at BID DAY?!
Old 09-26-2006, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Why are ya'll listing stuff like this? It's not interesting! Who cares if you saw a bag or something? Don't ya'll see them all the time? Every monday I see about 400 girls wearing their letters, because it's letter day at the UofA. I'm not going to list every mention of me seeing these girls. Then when I'm on the road, 1 of every 5 SUV's has some sorority on the liscense plate holder. So what?
You may have missed the title of this sub-thread.
Is not about campus life/setting in general.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Metal detectors at BID DAY?!
Five basketball players were shot at Duquesne University; there's sort of an overkill of security on their campus.

Besides, you know how trigger happy those sorority girls can be...!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I sat next to the sweetest woman today while getting my nails done. We chatted for about a half hour, and as she got up to leave I saw her Delta Sigma Theta tote.

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 09-28-2006, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
I've been wanting to say something similar to this for the past 100 pages but I didn't want to be a pot stirrer. Folks were having fun so I let them be.

The original thread was about seeing YOUR letters somewhere you didn't expect. Not just ANY letters. And even when the topic changed to just ANY letters, what's so unexpected about a car with Delta tags driving down the highway? It's only interesting when I see a van with an XYZ sticker covering the whole top half of the windshield--and then the person drives that car to the club on the weekends. Looking like the chapter van on a field trip. True story.

Last edited by DSTCHAOS; 09-29-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

so yes, this thread may have strayed from the original topic... but honestly it would be unexpected for me to see Delta tags on the highway, for example. its just not something i see on a regular. the only time i know im going to see letters is if im at a greek event, so if i am at, let's say a nail salon, or the grocery store, seeing a woman with an XYZ jacket or tote for example, would be "unexpected" because its not MY norm.

now, had it been let's say i see a man wearing ABC letters in a nail salon getting a manicure, perhaps that's unexpected too... which is probably more towards the type of occurence this thread is for.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
... but honestly it would be unexpected for me to see Delta tags on the highway, for example.
I don't see how this can be unusual or unexpected OTOH seeing YOUR letters driving down the highway IS unexpected
Old 09-29-2006, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoyred View Post
I don't see how this can be unusual or unexpected OTOH seeing YOUR letters driving down the highway IS unexpected
I think some of that depends on where you live... In some areas you are not likely to see letters anywhere other then on the local college campus.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoyred View Post

Indeed.

Not trying to be funny but I saw an SGRho license plate when I was at the grocery store the other day. I was shocked b/c it was only my 2nd SGRho sighting of ANY kind this past 1-2 years. I see SGRhos posting on the internet and that's it. Wonderful sorority but I hardly see them.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauadpi View Post
I think some of that depends on where you live... In some areas you are not likely to see letters anywhere other then on the local college campus.

Thanks for clarifying.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
Indeed.

Not trying to be funny but I saw an SGRho license plate when I was at the grocery store the other day. I was shocked b/c it was only my 2nd SGRho sighting of ANY kind this past 1-2 years. I see SGRhos posting on the internet and that's it. Wonderful sorority but I hardly see them.
Come to Maryland

I don't want nobody to give me nothin. Open up a door, I'll get it myself!! (The late, great James Brown)
Old 09-29-2006, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I see letters (others' letters, rarely mine) everywhere I go. From school to church to the mall to the grocery store. And, I always see letters on windows and license plates when I'm on the road. I had no idea that letter sightings were rare for some people.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?

Last edited by Dionysus; 09-29-2006 at 02:02 PM.