GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 990
0 members and 990 guests
No Members online

Old 07-01-2000, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dst for me:
Its unfortunate Pretty Girl, but any unwed teenage mother is promiscuous.
Hmm. Well way back in 8th grade they told us that "promiscuous" meant that you were indiscriminate in your sexual choices. If every teen mom is promiscuous, then how do you explain girls that get pregnant on their first time haveing sex?

Not that I condone it, but generalization is not good.
Old 07-01-2000, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

You are sooo wrong dst Promiscuous means sleeping around, point blank. It has absoulutely nothing to do with having a child out of wedlock. According to the American Heritage Dictionary:Promiscuous- is indiscriminate in the choice of sexual partners. Lacking standards of selection(in ones sexual partners). Consisting of miscellaneous parts or members................ Nothing about childbirth is mentioned. I am not arguing with anyone about anything! I can defenitely admit that i made some bad choices in life. We all have. But choosing to keep my CHILDREN is not one of them. If I am voted out (as you say) because of my children then that means that obviously at that particular time that chapter is not meant for me. My world revolves around my children not around ANY greek org. As much as I would love to be a apart of one I will not allow ANYONE to try and down me because of my situation. If I did make it into my org of choice my world still would not revolve around the org. I am always a person first. Everyone has lives outside of their org. Everything they do does not involve their org. My children would be one of those things. I will not bite my tongue for anyone. Like I said before, none of the orgs have no children as one of their requirements until they do I have to assume i am welcome to try for it! If I am not chosen simply because I am a mother then I am probably better off. My children are a part of me. This situation is almost the same as dealing with simple minded judgemental men! And just like with men if my sorority of choice can not embrace me with love and be accepting of my children, then I will gladly walk away! Then try again grad.Like I said before pleding with kids or having them out of wedlock while you are already in the sorority amounts to the same. If one can love her soror after she has kids then one can love a woman as her soror is she already has them before she pledges. If she can not then those are her own insecurities. Us single mothers in the world do not have time to deal with those like that. I am not begging anyone to take me in. I am not begging anyone to accept my situation. You either do or you do not. Either way my life will go on and so will yours! Will it hurt me some if i do not cross because of something such as my G.P.A, or community service etc. (all that is intact just giving a example) yes that would hurt and I would try and do better the next time. Will it hurt me if I do not make because I am a mother HELL NO! Not at all! Because I love my kids and I would not trade them for anything! I am not ashamed if them one bit! I would not even bother trying to justify them to anyone. They need no justification to no one except God. I know that he accepts them. Thats what really matters. Now that is my $19.08 cents, $19.13 cents, $19.20 cents, and my $19.22 cents. If I can go to school, take care of my kids, service my community, and work then that amounts to one thing : STRENGTH! WHICH IS SOMETHING PEOPLE WHO SIT AROUND AND JUDGE OTHERS, ARE LACKING TERRIBLY! I will still love the BGLOS whether I make it or not. For what ever reason. I love what they stand for and I love what they are trying to do for their people. If I never get to call someone my soror or frat, thats okay because regardles in my heart we are all brothers and sisters!