GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,046
1 members and 1,045 guests
Sarak24034

Old 08-31-2015, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck and thanks for the story!
Old 09-02-2015, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck. Loving this story.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Eep! Tomorrow starts the last two rounds and then Sunday is bid day!!!
Old 09-03-2015, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!
Old 09-03-2015, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm excited to hear the rest of the story!!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
I think her recruitment starts back up today or tomorrow, so updates should be returning!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 09-05-2015, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
So, time for an update, PNM?

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 09-05-2015, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey guys sorry again. yesterday I went straight from classes to recruitment which ended at 11pm! And then we had Preference Round this morning which we had to meet at 9am. So I am going to post both stories from yesterday and today!

So Saturday- Philanthropy Round:
This day was the worst day of recruitment for me. I was so sad and cried a lot when I got my bid card these were my houses:
Snow White
Cinderella
Tiana
Merida
Mulan
Aurora

Belle dropped me which hurt so much. I loved this house and really wanted to go to their preference round. So the morning started off really bad because I was just really upset over that loss.

In no particular order, these are how the chapters went:
Snow White- This house was now my new number one and I wanted to make a good impression. Sadly, I didn't feel like I did well here. I don't know if it was because I was sad over Belle but I just didn't click with the girls. And then people kept talking badly about this house to me which confused me even more. I convinced myself to forget about this chapter because I didn't think the round went well and I didn't know if this was the best fit for me.

Cinderella- I still really like this house. I was a little nervous at first here, but then I loosened up and our conversation was awesome. It felt forced at times but overall I really like this chapter and their philanthropy. It truly hit home.

Tiana- So this chapter went extremely well. Their philanthropy video was so touching. I could honestly see myself in this chapter. And all the girls I talked to made me feel so at home. These girls were so amazing

Merida- I am impressed with this chapter. I love their philanthropy and the message that their chapter has. This round made me fall in love with them. I was so happy here.

Mulan- I am kind of sad I was invited back to here. I loved their philanthropy and the girl I talked to was awkward but nice. I just can't join this chapter. But these are such nice girls and I would love to be friends with some of them

Aurora- There philanthropy is so important to me. By far out of all of the chapters I love this one the most. I just don't think I am a good fit here. All the girls are nice and I would love to be friends with them. And the best thing about Greek Life is that no matter where you end up, you can always support one another. So I am definitely going to every philanthropy event they have because theirs is just so special to me!

So at the end of this round I was so confused. And upset. But I talked to my mom and she made me feel so much better. For Preference round tomorrow, we can go up to a total of 3 chapters. This is how I preffed:
Snow White
Cinderella
Merida

In order from what chapters I liked the best to least:
Tiana
Aurora
Mulan

Even though I didn't have the best time today at Snow White I still really liked them and wanted to see if they really liked me too. I was preparing for them to drop me so I was going to be fine with everything no matter what.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

So preference round was such a surprise! In a good way though. I loved all the chapters that invited me back. It was a total 180 from yesterday and I was so excited and happy to go into this round When I got my list I said "oh wow" and my rho gam was like "...is that good oh wow??" Hahah I was just so surprised and happy to see that Snow White invited me back because I did not feel like my round went well. And I was sooo happy with the other chapters I had on my list.

When I got my list these were the chapters I had:
Snow White
Merida
Tiana

Even though Cinderella dropped me I was SOO happy to see Tiana up there. I really loved these girls and would love being sisters with them.

In no particular order these are how the chapters went:
Snow White- their ceremony was gorgeous. I fell in love all over again while I was here. The girl who rushed me first told me she heard a lot of good things about me so she was excited to meet me. I loved that she said that because she made me feel so special and it felt genuine. The last girl me and her talked on a personal level which I loved. I had amazing conversations here and was so happy and felt at home.

Merida- LOvED this house and these girls. The conversation I had with my girl was amazing start to finish. We also have a lot in common. Regardless, I want to be friends with these girls. I love everything about them

Tiana- This ceremony was amazing. I just loved how special the girl who rushed me made me feel and we had such personal and fun conversations. This chapter was amazing and I would love to call them my sisters.

As you can tell I loved every chapter I went to haha. Which is good because tomorrow I will definitely be happy where ever I end up. But my heart has always loved Snow White. Preffing was so hard because everyone kept telling me they don't see me as a Snow WHite. But if I wasn't like them why would I have made it this far? Like listening to others is not a good idea at all when going through this so I went with my heart!

In order of houses I liked the best to least:
Snow White
Merida
Tiana

I know in my heart I made the best decision and I am soo excited for Bid Day tomorrow!
Old 09-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Oh gosh! You can't lose! Best wishes for you tomorrow, and please come back asap and let us know.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad you still love Snow White despite what everyone has said about them! Can't wait to see which princess sweeps you off your feet!
Old 09-05-2015, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I love the way you looked for and found wonderful things about all the chapters at your school. I just know you will have a fantastic chapter experience as well as a wonderful panhellenic experience. Can't wait to see where your new home is!

Chi Omega
Old 09-05-2015, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I am excited for pnmfall, but we may not hear back from her until Monday. I hope she has a fantastic bid day!
Old 09-05-2015, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Hoping for Snow White, but I'm glad to hear you see the wonderful aspects of each group!
Old 09-08-2015, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Am dying to hear where she landed!

Chi Omega