GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,504
2 members and 2,502 guests
babradanry3265, TLLK

Old 08-16-2010, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Favorite Bid Day Memory?

What is your favorite memory from your bid day? I am curious, because Bid Day varies greatly from school to school. (This may also give people planning Bid Day ideas.)

My favorite memory is right when I got my bid. The girls who greeted me with hugs and balloons were so excited to see me. It was awesome to have people you barely knew that excited that you were there.

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-16-2010, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
My chapter wanted me really bad. Almost as bad as I wanted them! I was struggling to get my coat off to reveal my bid day shirt on stage in front of the chapters on bid day. They were afraid I would change my mind and go to my second choice for some strange reason. When I finally jumped off stage (last person in my Rho Gamma group to get the jacket open ) after revealing my pink shirt, it was ridiculous. I couldn't see even if I had opened my eyes. I think 20 people were trying to hug me at one time. I was crying everywhere and people were just on top of me. BEST FEELING EVER.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:12 PM

Actually getting my bid.

I have told this story a thousand times, but if you had asked me that day, I would have told you I probably wasn't going to get one (here's my recruitment story for those interested).

I had attended like 2 events and the recruitment dir. told me she would get back to me on Monday. Monday came and no one called, but she saw me on campus later that day and asked if I could come over on Tuesday because "I needed to meet some more girls before they made a decision."

I went, and I got a bid. I was so super happy and relieved because I thought them wanting me to come over = we don't like you that much and you're not getting a bid.

My 2nd fave bid day moment was my awesome goodie bag. Not to be shallow but I remember being super excited because my bag had TWO shirts in it (the fall shirt and my spring shirt). That fall shirt is still my favorite shirt ever and one of very few shirts I didn't pass down.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I single preferenced and so when everyone sat on the steps and waited I knew where I was going, which was a relief. But it didn't make it any less exciting to run across the lawn to my chapter, where my sis-mom (future at that time) was waiting for me with my bag.

Bid Night was the best part to be honest, but mostly for the mischief, shenanigans, and whirlwind introduction to everyone.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx
Old 08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid day we had to wait like 15 minutes before we were allowed to start our "run" (more like fast walk lol) to our new sisters. Something about the photographer wasnt there yet and if we went before he got there they couldn't run the risk of us leaving before our pics got taken. SO while of PC (bids in hand and opened) are just standing there with the 3 newly revealed gamma chis all super excited to be ADPis. SO "Ella" ask us if we want to learn an ADPi cheer, we go over it for like 15 minutes and have it pretty well down before we get the ok to go to the house. SO we are like half way threw bid day and at a sisters parents house, all the sister ask the alphas if we want to learn a cheer. It just happened to be the same one the 3 gamma chis had taught us so we all picked up on the second word. Their faces were completely in shock and most of them stopped chanting with their moth gapped open as the alphas finished. The gamma chis just smiled. It was great