GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131

Old 08-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire1977
Sorry about the hijack guys but...

Here you go! Obviously these are when the party starts so if you're going you'll want to be there early.

I'm still playing advisor. I won't be there on Friday or Saturday though as I'll be at IUP attending the Something of Value Program there. My chapter is not really excited about that because, lol, I haven't missed a day of fully structured recruitment, um, ever. I'll be there on pref night early most likely if you want to stop down and see the havoc.

Also - they are doing registration and all of that stuff online this year. The registration form is on the www.gogreek.pitt.edu website.

Thursday, August 31 - Meet the Greeks - 8:30-10:30
Wednesday, September 6 – Rushline - 9:00-10:30
Thursday, September 7- 11 Rounds - 9:00-11:40
Friday, September 8 - 11 Rounds - 7:00-10:15
Saturday, September 9 – 8 Rounds
10:30-1:15 1 hr break 2:15-5:00
Sunday, September 10 - 4 Rounds – 11:00-2:45
Monday, September 11 – Preference – 9:00-11:15
Tuesday, September 12 – Bid Night 9:00 for New Members (9:30 out of the Union

As far as Amos Hall - we were rechartered in 1966. I was looking through an old photo album and it mentions us moving into Amos either in 1967 or 1968...shortly after we were chartered.

ETA: I'm sorry but aren't Steelers games considered High Holy days around here??!?!
That's interesting, all around! If I'm on base for Pref, I'll give you a hollar!

And yes, Steeler games ARE High Holy days! You know that my dad had a heart attack during a game and wouldn't go to the hospital until halftime? (Thank heavens he survived!) Well, we put a Terrible Towel on his grave!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Theta Nu Xi is highly active now at Pitt and a very viable chapter
Old 04-21-2008, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
And yes, Steeler games ARE High Holy days! You know that my dad had a heart attack during a game and wouldn't go to the hospital until halftime? (Thank heavens he survived!) Well, we put a Terrible Towel on his grave!
My favorite was the guy who went into cardiac arrest when the Bus fumbled. If he would have lasted a few more seconds, he would have seen Ben's shoestring tackle aka the "immaculate redemption." I heard the Bus paid the guy a visit in the hospital.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
My favorite was the guy who went into cardiac arrest when the Bus fumbled. If he would have lasted a few more seconds, he would have seen Ben's shoestring tackle aka the "immaculate redemption." I heard the Bus paid the guy a visit in the hospital.
Yeah, in our family, we call him "the amateur"!

My daddy was in Intensive Care, mouthing, "The Score! What's the Score?" and none of the staff would tell him. I finally found a large piece of paper & a felt-tip pen, wrote it down, and held it up to the window. He was so happy! The late Myron Cope mentioned my daddy on his show because of his heart attack - they golfed together occasionally.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yeah, in our family, we call him "the amateur"!

My daddy was in Intensive Care, mouthing, "The Score! What's the Score?" and none of the staff would tell him. I finally found a large piece of paper & a felt-tip pen, wrote it down, and held it up to the window. He was so happy! The late Myron Cope mentioned my daddy on his show because of his heart attack - they golfed together occasionally.
What game was that from?
Old 06-28-2008, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi
Just thought you might be interested to know that Pitt (Johnstown) had another sorority, Chi Epsilon Nu. It was founded in 1965 or 1966. I was a member in the gamma pledge class, spring of 1967. I don't know how long it lasted. I joined the semester before we moved to the new campus. I have really fond memories of the whole experience.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Bumping this to see if anyone knows what the scene is like now!

Any new/recycled sororities?
Are the floors in Amos the same (I know they remodeled)?
What's Total now?
Etc, etc, etc!

A lot of the sororities should be hitting the 100 year mark! Alpha Delta Pi won't do so until February, 2020.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Total is 117!

Sigma Delta Tau closed in December. Kappa bought Theta's side of their house (years ago now). Recruitment is now deferred.

KD will be 100 in 2020, too! We have quite a few single letter/old chapters!
Old 07-13-2017, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta kala View Post
Total is 117!

Sigma Delta Tau closed in December. Kappa bought Theta's side of their house (years ago now). Recruitment is now deferred.

KD will be 100 in 2020, too! We have quite a few single letter/old chapters!
Omigosh, quota was 55 when I was an active, 62 (?) when I was chapter advisor. Good to see that greek life is doing well at Pitt.

I do feel badly about Sigma Delta Tau, though. They had been there a long time, too. I think I've mentioned that one of my more amusing moments as a Rush Counselor was hearing my co-RC yelling to our group, "It's S-D-T, Ladies, not S-T-D!"

Who has their suite - did Theta Phi Alpha move back into Amos?
Old 07-14-2017, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Pitt TPA

My nephew dated a woman who was a recent TPA grad. To the best of my recollection, they had a suite in Bruce Hall, across the quad from Amos. They had half of a suite in Amos when I was in school in the early 70's. I'm not sure when they lost it. Phi Sigma Sigma folded around 1974 when they went down to about 5 members. I believe that the institution of RFM (release figure method) about 13 years ago really helped even out the size of the chapters. Prior to that, rushees (now known as PNMs) could sign up to rush only the chapters of their own choosing. There were 3 large chapters (DZ, ChiO, and TriDelt), 3 medium chapters (ADPi, Kappa, and Theta), and 5 small chapters (TPA, AEPHi, SDT, DPhiE, and PhiSig/Tri Sig colony). They now appear to be more similar in size and have added KD some time ago and lost SDT. I would be surprised if Pitt chose to expand any time soon. Greek life finally seems to be increasing in size to a reasonable level for a large flagship state university with high academic standards.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Omigosh, quota was 55 when I was an active, 62 (?) when I was chapter advisor. Good to see that greek life is doing well at Pitt.

I do feel badly about Sigma Delta Tau, though. They had been there a long time, too. I think I've mentioned that one of my more amusing moments as a Rush Counselor was hearing my co-RC yelling to our group, "It's S-D-T, Ladies, not S-T-D!"

Who has their suite - did Theta Phi Alpha move back into Amos?
Not sure about the suite. They just closed in December, so I imagine those members were allowed to remain in Amos until the end of the year.