GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Community Service / Philanthropy

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,364
0 members and 1,364 guests
No Members online

Old 10-21-2010, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Circle of Sisterhood Foundation

I just received an announcement about this 501(c)(3) org and I think it sounds pretty cool!
http://www.circleofsisterhood.org/home

Here's an excerpt:
In the late 1800s in America, women stood together for the right to go to college and thus began the sorority movement. Now, 140 years later and more than 4 million strong, we vow to continue our Founders' legacy by standing together again to help girls and women go to school around the world.

The Circle of Sisterhood Foundation will leverage the collective wisdom and influence of sorority women to support entities around the world that remove educational barriers for girls and women, uplifting them from poverty and oppression.

Global studies:
educating a girl to at least fifth grade is a major factor in impoverished societies to:
1. Decrease infant mortality rates.
2. Decrease /stabilize population growth.
3. Significantly improve the basic quality of health and life over a generation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-21-2010, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Ginny Carroll, the AXiD who started it, is pretty amazing. I had the privledge of meeting her and listening to her speak at a volunteer leadership conference a few years ago. She speaks all over the country to all fraternities and sororities. I was not surprised at all to see that she wanted to start something like this.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I am interested to know what other sororities are represented on the board besides Alpha Xi. I'm sure it's a diverse group, and so easy to get with the number of fraternity/sorority headquarters in Indy.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Greetings,
I'm an AKA from the Detroit area, and I saw your previous posts and thought maybe you would be interested in helping an existing agency trying to obtain a grant to continue the work we do with teenagers, mothers, fathers and families. I need everyone's help in getting 180 on line votes for my company, Empowering Family Counseling Services by June 30. We are applying for a grant through Chase Bank, and in order to be considered for the grant...I need everyone to vote for my business. What do we do? We work with low-income families in the Detroit area, who have abused or neglected their children..I am a social worker, I teach parents how to parent without using violence. This grant will allow me to hire more social workers and expand our services. Can I count on you for your vote? To vote you must go to www.missionsmallbusiness. com
Hit Support & log-in to your face book account
Scroll down the page, and enter our business name...Empowering Family Counseling Services Detroit, Mi 48231 and hit Vote

In exchange for your vote, if I can answer any questions regarding grant writing, starting your own non-profit I have no problems with assisting you with your mission!
Thank you in advance for your support!

You will be blessed!