GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 896
0 members and 896 guests
No Members online

Old 08-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

there is a neat thread about greek housing in the greek life forum and we have seen it over there. i believe they also have the proposed floorplan for delta gamma. and there are many, many photos/renderings of beautiful greek housing all over the country!

Last edited by FSUZeta; 08-13-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-13-2011, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
there is a near thread about greek housing in the greek life forum and we have seen it over there. i believe they also have the proposed floorplan for delta gamma. and there are many, many photos/renderings of beautiful greek housing all over the country!
I did not know that, thank you very much FSUZeta! I am heading over there right now to check it out!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Zillini, I'm going to miss your posts too, but after 15 of Advising, you deserve your own Golden Lion! Hope you're still going to be around!

Part of me is absolutely stunned by how many women have signed up for Recruitment! I'm trying to get my head around how each sorority is going to get to know that many women on anything but the most superficial way! I hate to say it, but I'll bet there's some serious cuts after the first round. Hope I'm wrong!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I think just to keep their head above water they're going to have to make massive cuts. It's unfair to the rushees, but what can they do? You can't have 1000 girls going on house tours! I think there are going to be A LOT of girls happy to know they still have a chance when rush is over. Both SDT and Delta Gamma could have more girls coming out of the woodwork than expected.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

now a days, the way sororities invite pnms back often is based on several years statistics of their return rates(the percentage of pnms accepting invitations back to a sorority). for instance, sorority A usually has a very high rate of return(98%), so they are not allowed to ask back as many pnms as sorority B, who has an 50% return rate. so the sororities won't make massive cuts just to keep their heads above water, but according to rfm. and while sorority A won't be asking back every pnm they met, sorority B conceivably could.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I think just to keep their head above water they're going to have to make massive cuts. It's unfair to the rushees, but what can they do? You can't have 1000 girls going on house tours! I think there are going to be A LOT of girls happy to know they still have a chance when rush is over. Both SDT and Delta Gamma could have more girls coming out of the woodwork than expected.
Sure, 1700 can go on house tours!
Open house rounds - there are 23 parties - remember, there are 16 sororities participating in the open house rounds (all less SDT but plus DG).
Philanthropy rounds - SDT and DG do not participate (DG just this year), so 15 sororities hosting 16 parties.
Skit rounds - 9 parties
Pref rounds - 4 parties.

I know some of the sororities (heck, probably all of them) have separate groups doing each day of open house rounds, so few members have to do all 23 parties. I'm assuming certain officers have to be there for all of them, of course.

Last edited by AnchorAlumna; 08-14-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

FOUR Pref parties?! I thought I'd freak out after two!!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey - it's the BIG time!

Old 08-14-2011, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

OK, so they have a lot more 1st round parties than chapters. That will help. I would think with these numbers they will want to add a party or 2 for Philanthropy round too.

But you mention something that is completely foreign to me - not every member having to participate in every minute of rush. That actually does make a huge difference. I never had that luxury!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Philanthropy rounds do have an extra party - 1 extra party. Don't ask me how they came up with that.
Honestly, I can't even imagine not having to do every party (well....maybe I can). But the houses simply won't hold all the current members and PNMs at one party.

Last edited by AnchorAlumna; 08-14-2011 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Zillini, I'm going to miss your posts too, but after 15 of Advising, you deserve your own Golden Lion! Hope you're still going to be around!
Oh I'm still around, just doing a lot more lurking than posting these days.

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. I appreciate it!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Just wanted to wish all the PNM's & moms a great week!

I don't know why but I am anxious about this recruitment even though my D is a Junior Sorority member at UA. I just know how hard all the houses work!

We also have a hometown friend going through rush!

Check out the cute video at UA Panhell Facebook page! Roll Tide!
Old 08-14-2011, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to all the PNM's and sorority members. I have several girls from Charlotte, NC that I am keeping tabs on and especially one. Today was cooler than normal in T'Town but they still had 5 girls faint - not bad for the number going through. Hope the weather holds but we will see what tomorrow brings. Roll Tide!!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
Philanthropy rounds do have an extra party - 1 extra party. Don't ask me how they came up with that.
Honestly, I can't even imagine not having to do every party (well....maybe I can). But the houses simply won't hold all the current members and PNMs at one party.
Actually, I think there are 5 extra. If I'm correct, I think they can go to a max of 11 parties and there are 16 party times.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1929 View Post
Actually, I think there are 5 extra. If I'm correct, I think they can go to a max of 11 parties and there are 16 party times.
To say I would be babbling out of my ass after 16 parties basically doing the same thing is an understatement.